main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Princess Leia (Marvel) #4, part 4 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 18, 2015.

1. SparklingRoyalty

SparklingRoyalty Jedi Padawan star 1

May 1, 2015
    The artwork is one of the main things I dislike about this series. I just don't like this particular style of drawing especially because it makes Leia look like a completely different person. It's even worse when you read the Star Wars comic and she looks like the Leia we know.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

That's what I mean about the art is terrible, unclear, details failing to look cool, not looking like actual characters, it looks like the penciller accidentally painted some stuff aswell. Like, at one page I saw Leia's lips stick out like a sharp form or something.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wait -- is this Tula and her sister?

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    No the Alder-Espirions are mixed human and Alien origin.

5. SparklingRoyalty

May 1, 2015
    That's another problem I have with it. Some of the panels detailing just plain sucks. Looks rushed at times.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm having trouble with this series despite it selling good. This story is not really my cup of tea. Hoping that the Lando book has a bit more pew pew.

Commander Wolffe likes this.
  7. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Is this series selling well? Just wondering cos if it is they might decide to make a sequel series.......

8. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

After this one, another mini series will come (Lando), then another (Shattered Empire) and that one will have Leia in it again :p

9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    ... and Lando. :p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  10. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    There can be more than one mini series at a time. So theoretically there could be a second mini series of Princess Leia at some point (not that I'm asking for one:p)

11. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

I know that, why point that out? In that series, all of the characters from the end scene of RoTJ will appear. I only said Leia because he talks about the character Leia.

Yeah of course.

For now they seem to only have one mini series at a time, according to release dates Leia ends-Lando begins then ends-Shattered Empire begins and ends-Further mini series has yet to be announced

There is also this comic about C-3PO coming out on december 18th (same day as the force awakens)

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    With the way these marvel star wars series are selling there'll be waves of mini series and one shots coming out.

Mark my words in 2016 there'll be star wars comics than Avengers comics!

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This was a better issue than the last two because I dug the whole setup at the end. Also the "and she thinks she's going to go to droid heaven" line was pretty fun. The whole bit with the snooty Alderaan person not liking the interbreeding was a little slow, though, didn't add much tension, I was way more into Leia's story. I still dig the Dodson's art, though, very comic-book-y.

14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Issue 3 sold over 100,000 copies so yes it is selling well. I don't think there will be another Leia mini though as right after this the main line starts and she is a regular in that series.

Commander Wolffe likes this.
  15. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Issues 3 and 4 have been the best in my opinion. I actually really like Dodson's art for the most part - the cover for #4 is great.

DelRiego likes this.
  16. SparklingRoyalty

May 1, 2015
    Issue #1 cover still remains my favorite of the series, although #5 is looking to be a very close second.

DelRiego likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

"Haha! Secret Wars laughs at your premise!"

18. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Picked this one up today after my regular comic shop didn't have it in stock. All in all, it's okay. I actually like the artwork for the series, but I've seen better.

19. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Having been reading [and staring at the art in] comics for a loooong time -- fact is - what you see on each page and in each panel IS "Art"-work.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- so whenever I speak about art inside a comic book -- I only say things like "It wasn't what I prefer" rather than "terrible" or "unclear" or something outright negative. Because invariably someone else loves it.

Once upon a time I bought a series called "Shadowman" and I hated the artist -- -couldn't stand it. Turns out -- Jae Lee made some of my most favorite panels and covers ever.

Dante1120, spicer and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I hope Leia has some really good trick up her sleeve or otherwise this applies:

[​IMG]

There's sacrificing yourself for an innocent and then there is sacrificing yourself for someone who may or may not be the enemy. Damn, she doesn't even know whether this Tula woman was just play-acting or not during the hologram scene.