main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Princess Leia (Marvel) #5, part 5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 18, 2015.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

MARK WAID (W) • TERRY DODSON (A/C)
    LAST STAND IN THE NAME OF ALDERAAN!
    • The rebel Princess leads her people against the Empire!
    • The conclusion to Leia’s most personal mission!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

spicer and starfish like this.
  2. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Gorgeous! Really liking Dodson's art.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Hopeless, spicer and Jedi Princess like this.
  4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    when's this out?

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Check the New Releases on Sunday to find out True Believer.

It will contain earth-shattering information that will change your status quo forever.

(with apologies to Stan Lee)

6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    "Who are you?"

"I'm Prince Organa, her husband!"

*Leia facepalms*

CooperTFN, SilentGuy66 and Jedi Ben like this.
  7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    colors are off, this series is one that I am glad is over. Wasn't too thrilled with it, hope that Lando is better. Now the main two, those are still awesome.

Darth_Pevra and JBFett007 like this.
  8. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Finally. Now the line-up can make some room for something that'll hopefully be better.

9. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Since Im starting to think you know every comic related thing ever, do you know if Terry Dodson has some other comic to "Illustrate"(I apply that term very loosely to his work in Leia) that will stop him from working on anything star wars for a while?I hope so anyway.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  10. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Ah well finally read the last issue of Leia and I all can say is "Thank God it's over."[face_relieved]

JBFett007 and TK-421 Is vader like this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I really don't, but over twenty years, have I been reading and buying comics.

Unlike you, I'm a big fan of the Dodsons and I have no doubt Marvel will already have projects lined up for them! They also have the Red One hardback out from Image in July too.

12. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    It went out on a high note, at least. With the entire series in hand I'm looking forward to rereading it and seeing if my overall opinion improves.
    So that Imperial shuttle we see in this issue and the last one wasn't, in fact, the shuttle Leia used in the mainline series. Huh, I thought sure that was going to be a link between the two series. Guess the shuttle was stolen on some earlier adventure we haven't seen yet.

No repercussions over Leia basically deserting the Alliance and then returning? Dodonna surely smoothed things over on her behalf, or perhaps she simply used her force of personality to resume her duties as if nothing happened, but I wouldn't have minded seeing that addressed, even if only with a line or two of dialogue.

The fact that the Rebels are still on Yavin 4 at the end would imply that all this happened in a remarkably short period of time. I was kind of wondering how Leia was going to find the fleet, given that Dodonna hadn't chosen a system for them to go to by the time she left, but the Rebels dawdled I guess.

13. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Diamond screwed up shipping to my LCBS, so I didn't get this today, just Vader #7. [face_phbbbbt]

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ouch.

15. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    At least he got Vader and not Leia.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Except he wanted Leia too!

Commander Wolffe likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, this conclusion to the series wasn't bad. Leia had some good moments, though some of the subplots seemed a little abrupt. I think Nien and Artoo ultimately had the best parts of the issue.

18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Was I the only one wanting there to be some kind of romance between Nien Numb and Evaan? What Luke can have a different girlfriend in every comic he appears in but poor old Nien has to remain a lonely heart?!

Pius Dea Crusader likes this.
  19. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Just finished it:

Good ending, love such endings to a story.

At some moments I felt like the comic was abit rushed, I mean...They packed this whole Leia getting captured--to the Alderaanians good and well and they got away and everything.

I still liked it though ( due to good ending )

However this series is probably the lowest on on my favorite comics list. I'm much more excited for the Lando comics than I were for the Leia series.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    At the conclusion of this, I hope that we see both Evaan and remaining Alderaanians in some capacity later on. And whatever type ship that is, the Espirion Multi is freakin' armed to the teeth.

21. SparklingRoyalty

SparklingRoyalty Jedi Padawan star 1

May 1, 2015
    While I thought this issue was okay for a final issue, I can honestly say that I'm not too sad to see this mini-series end. For the most part it was just not that interesting (which is surprising considering who was the lead). I think the biggest issue I have is that it had more potential than this and the fact that I expected more from some of the things brought up in this mini series (ie the visit to Naboo, seeing more of Leia and her life on Alderaan, and her in the custody of the imperials for instance).

P.S So I take it that the Alderaan people now use something similar to Naboo's methods in terms of leadership roles judging by the ending.

Gorefiend likes this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I loved this miniseries and am sad to see it end, but I enjoyed it to the very last issue.

cthugha and DelRiego like this.
  23. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Would have been better as an animated special on Disney Channel based on the story that Marvel laid out in this mini-series.

DelRiego likes this.
  24. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    looking forward to the trade paperback. ive kept myself fairly clear of spoilers!

25. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    So is Leia now no longer a princess?