main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Princess Leia (Marvel) #5, part 5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 18, 2015.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    The rebel fleet must be stuck in hyperspace, never in one place long enough for the artist to illustrate. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Or more likely hiding from the artists since if they can't find them what chance does the Empire have?;)

BigAl6ft6, CooperTFN and starfish like this.
  3. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Ackbar is just scared Sabine will paint all his ships pretty colors.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I want a hippie Ackbar in tie-dye anything.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    there's some great stuff contained throughout the entire Leia mini, and this issue in particular, her inspirational "Alderaan survives" speech really clicks and sort of serves as a nice capper / thematic summation of what the series was about. (and Artoo saved the day, yet again) I just think the pacing was a bit off, like the whole speech / battle with the Star Destroyer takes like, what 3 pages? That could have been an awesome half an issue or something. I wish the first 3 issues had been tightened up, maybe mash issue 2 & issue 3 into one issue, to let all of the stuff that happened in 4 & 5 breathe over 3 issues instead of four.

Still, I really enjoyed Evaan and I like a bunch of bits throughout the series, and I really enjoy the Dodson's art (Leia's final outfit / hairstyle / design was cool) it was just a little sleepy in the plotting early on. Considering how much is crammed into this final issue, it shows. But it's still fun to see a Leia mini, and it did give a scene of her climbing up a space alien's chest and headbutting him so it was worthwhile.

6. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Going by the cover art, it looks like the upcoming Journey to the Force Awakens book Moving Target by Cecil Castellucci and Jason Fry is going to tie in to this series in some fashion. The cover features not only Leia and Nien Nunb, but the ship he pilots in this series, Mellcrawler.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    While Han's away, the Sullustan will play.

Hopeless likes this.
  8. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    That'd be nice. I really hope they go somewhere with the whole Alderaanian remnant and Evaan plot. Definitely would make this comic feel more...worthwhile.

The Positive Fan likes this.
  9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Ditto on this really want to see a series maybe titled Legacy of Alderaan so we learn what happened next!

The Rebels aren't the only people looking for a new home and if the Empire is serious about eliminating any survivor of Alderaan which frankly was an idiotic decision but well...[:D]

Really liked this issue, if they want to expand on their existing series this would be a good bet if they can avoid messing up the story (looking at you Woods!:mad: )