main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Princess_Melissa's Artwork - Updated 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by princess_melissa, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks goes out to my wonderful master Zonoma because she got me thinking about doing fanart in the first place. You all should go over and visit her art (it's amazing) and read all her stories (they're amazing too) Thank you Master [:D]

Here's my first drawaing it's of Syal Antilles Fel. The picture was taken from the Japanese cover of Refugee. It's all in pencil.

Syal Antilles Fel

I'd love for any ideas on how I can make my drawing better.

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    *first post dance*

I love the work and thought you put into Syal's hair and the shading of her clothing. I can't believe you draw and write great fiction! I am impressed, my young apprentice.

Commander Mommy

3. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    I'll second the hair thing - it's beautiful. I really like the shirt, too.

4. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    can i third the Hair thing? o_O
    i'd say you've done a good job with the shading, contrasting isnt 100% Used on her skin, but i think that brings a great sense of design AND balance to the picture (seeming as her goun is black)

5. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Honestly, princess,

I am beginning to think that you should post a series of studies (just edit them each into one post on the thread) so that you can share your progress as you grow. I would enjoy watching that and it may help someone else learn something, too. What do you think?

6. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Zonoma- I love the work and thought you put into Syal's hair and the shading of her clothing.

Thanks I put alot of work into her hair. The dress was easier. draw it and color it black

I can't believe you draw and write great fiction! I am impressed, my young apprentice.
    [face_blush] Gee thanks

ladylaurel18- I'll second the hair thing - it's beautiful. I really like the shirt, too.

Thx like I said to Z it took alot of work. Now we need to get you to do FanArt and then Meg [face_mischief]

labpizza- can i third the Hair thing?

Sure can't hear praise too much ;)

i'd say you've done a good job with the shading, contrasting isnt 100% Used on her skin, but i think that brings a great sense of design AND balance to the picture (seeming as her goun is black)

Thx I was having trouble with the shading and the contrasting. It's something I'm just going to have to work on.

Zonoma- I am beginning to think that you should post a series of studies (just edit them each into one post on the thread) so that you can share your progress as you grow. I would enjoy watching that and it may help someone else learn something, too. What do you think?

[face_thinking] It's something I'll take into consideration. You never know.

7. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Nice work, P_M!

8. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Great work! :D There's not much Antilles (either Syal or Wedge) artwork around here so its great to see such a beautiful picture! :) I am in avid fan of beautiful and dynamic hair and it looks gorgeous, well done! Great to have another new face around the Fanart board. :)

9. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Great work :D Even though the person on that cover was Danni Quee but to be honest in the first place I thought it was Syal too :)

Keep up the good work :)

10. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Briman- Nice work, P_M!

Corellian_Rogue-Great work! There's not much Antilles (either Syal or Wedge) artwork around here so its great to see such a beautiful picture!

Thanks. I'm glad you liked her. Although so I hear from Chimpo it's actually Danni.

I am in avid fan of beautiful and dynamic hair and it looks gorgeous, well done! Great to have another new face around the Fanart board.

Thanks again. I intend to be sticking around for a while.

Chimpo_the_Sith- Great work Even though the person on that cover was Danni Quee but to be honest in the first place I thought it was Syal too
    Your joking! It really is Danni? figures. I thought it was Syal. Thanks for letting me know.

Keep up the good work
    Thanks next time I'll make sure I know who I'm drawing

11. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    WOW! This is great! That was a great picture, you should really try doing a guy now. [face_mischief]

Like.... Anakin Solo. ;)

~CS

12. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Courtney_Solo WOW! This is great!

Thanks

That was a great picture, you should really try doing a guy now. Like.... Anakin Solo.

Hmmmm... never done a guy before... Maybe I'll try him sometime. Hopefully the next picture will be up soon.

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    How did I miss this thread?!
    :oops:

This is a beautiful portrait, Princess_Melissa! And as to your comment: next time I'll make sure I know who I'm drawing--sometimes that's the fun of drawing characters that don't show up too often: you get to make them look any way you want, lol! ;)

I, on the other hand, do that with everyone I draw, lol! :p

I love the soft quality of this, in the lines and the shading--soft, but well-defined. I especially like how you rendered her hair, and--this is going to sound silly--her mouth: her lips look very real, the shine, the shape. I myself am learning that shadowing on the features can be really critical to making them look real (a browse through the threads of HanSolo29, Your_Worshipfulness and the marvelous Aurelia will illustrate my point here! Their portraiture is to-die-for!), and you've done a great job here!

I'd love to see more of your drawings--keep on posting!

FF

14. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    FalconFan- This is a beautiful portrait, Princess_Melissa!
    Thank you

I love the soft quality of this, in the lines and the shading--soft, but well-defined. I especially like how you rendered her hair, and--this is going to sound silly--her mouth: her lips look very real, the shine, the shape. I myself am learning that shadowing on the features can be really critical to making them look real (a browse through the threads of HanSolo29, Your_Worshipfulness and the marvelous Aurelia will illustrate my point here! Their portraiture is to-die-for!), and you've done a great job here!
    Thanks again. The shading was the thing I was most worried about I'm glad it turned out okey.

I'd love to see more of your drawings--keep on posting!
    Thanks I'll be posting another picture in just a minute.

15. Wyn-Fel

Wyn-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Nice Picture!

16. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Fot the last couple of weeks I've been doing a study on eyes. I played around with different eye shapes and stuff. Anyway, how better to end that study than to draw the icon we have here of Jaina's eyes from Dark Journey.

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/princessmeli13/Picture196.jpg]

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    OH MY WORD.... You passed this assignment with flying colors, princess! The improvement between these eyes and the ones you started out with is... phenomenal. THIS kind of talent is a joy to see and watch grow and I hope that you continue in your training.

Specifics?
    It is perfect, with the possible exception the cut-off on the eyebrows. Keeping a pic smudge free can be a bear, but going through aurelia's, FalconFan's and Her_Worshipfulness' threads will help you glean invaluable insight on how to help prevent Darth Smudging.

This is truly incredible and I am floored. Great job.

Your next assignments?

Male eyes
    Old eyes

(you may combine these into one)

18. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    [face_peace] Great drawing, Melissa!

19. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa!!

I really did a double-take on this drawing, as it looks exactly like the Dark Journey painting! Well, well done! In fact, I think this is even better: the "catch-light" in the eyes, the "glossy," wet look to them--the shading is definitely better!
    =D=
    Excellent, excellent work here, princess_melissa! I'm really looking forward to how you handle this next assignment! :D

FF

20. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

WOW!!!

Can I put in a request and ask that you try and do Leia's eye's from ESB! Or to go with your assignment Han's eye's just before he's lowered into the freezing chamber. Great job!

I wish I could be more eloquent in my response.

21. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Z told me you had posted some stuff, so I came to check it out.

Great job P_M! Love the eyes! Wow! The other piece looks great as well.

Keep up the great work!

22. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Zonoma- OH MY WORD.... You passed this assignment with flying colors, princess! The improvement between these eyes and the ones you started out with is... phenomenal. THIS kind of talent is a joy to see and watch grow and I hope that you continue in your training.
    Thanks master. I'm glad you liked this one I was very proud of it.

It is perfect, with the possible exception the cut-off on the eyebrows. Keeping a pic smudge free can be a bear, but going through aurelia's, FalconFan's and Her_Worshipfulness' threads will help you glean invaluable insight on how to help prevent Darth Smudging.
    [face_blush] Yeah if anyone else is wondering about the weird cut off it's because I had really bad smearing after I finished and just took a big eraser to the part where her face ends and it made it worse when I transfered it onto the computer. I'm going to check out aurelia's, FalconFan's and Her_Worshipfulness' threads like you suggested to figure out what I can do to fix that from now on.

Your next assignments?
    Male eyes
    Old eyes
    (you may combine these into one)

I hope I can do just as well. Will get right to work.

ShrunkenJedi- Great drawing, Melissa!
    Thanks

FalconFan- I really did a double-take on this drawing, as it looks exactly like the Dark Journey painting! Well, well done! In fact, I think this is even better: the "catch-light" in the eyes, the "glossy," wet look to them--the shading is definitely better!
    Wow Thanks! I was really really pleased at the way this one turned out.

Excellent, excellent work here, princess_melissa! I'm really looking forward to how you handle this next assignment!
    Thanks again. I hope I don't dissapoint

IrishEyedJedi- Can I put in a request and ask that you try and do Leia's eye's from ESB! Or to go with your assignment Han's eye's just before he's lowered into the freezing chamber. Great job!
    Han's eyes is a really good idea. See if I can put some emotion into my drawings. Which part of ESB for Leia's eyes? there are alot of times where her eyes show. Maybe if you sent me the picture I could try it. I seem to be good at eyes.

I wish I could be more eloquent in my response.
    [face_laugh] your responce was just fine. Glad you liked my drawing.

Jennifer_Lyn-Great job P_M! Love the eyes! Wow! The other piece looks great as well.
    Thanks!

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow!

It's so lifelike and real... wow.

24. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    :eek: :eek:

[face_hypnotized]

I second Zonoma, that drawing is kriffin near perfect!

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...is that a drawing? It almost looks like it was done in Photoshop, but well done! :)

Your Syal drawing is also very good. It's a very nice line drawing. The only thing I will mention is to develop the values more. There's a lot of white space that could be heightened by shadow and other lesser values such as flesh tone. But overall, it's very well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.