Art Archive Princess_Melissa's Artwork - Updated 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by princess_melissa, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. darthrevan34 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    well done your drawing is pretty good,and its just as good as my drawings
  2. Courtney_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
  3. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks for the nice replies guys!

This is a picture of my Original Character (OC) for a fic that's in the works. The bad thing is that I don't even have a name for her yet, I just know she's my OC.

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/princessmeli13/Picture201.jpg]

This was an expirament to see if I can draw bodies at all. After drawing her I can to the conclusion that I need to work on clothes, faces, and shading. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the transfer to the computer blured the picture and I tried fix it but couldn't. I'm going to keep working on that though.
    />
  4. Giolon05 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hi Melissa!

I like your drawings! That image you made of Jaina's eyes is like, spot on.

Your newest image is a good start! I'm not a real artist so I can't give too much advice on how to draw it better, though I think she could benefit from more detail on her face. Her body shading is done quite well to give the image depth and movement, while her face is pretty flat. Her left arm also looks slightly unnatural (perhaps try adding some bend at the elbow). Also, I'm certainly glad she's a Jedi, because if it were anyone else I'd be worried about them holding their lightsaber so close to the front of their legs while walking! Remember those things give off no heat so you can't really tell you're getting too close until it's too late!

Finally, have you thought about having your character rendered up in 3D? I gave one of LordNeo's character's the star treatment, and I found it to be a very fun side-project (that is trying to match someone else's character, rather than creating one in my head). Check out my art thread in my sig to see the results. It's near the bottom, Update 13.

What does OC stand for?
  5. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Giolon05- Thank you. I'll definatally try some of your suggestions on my next drawing.

I've never considered putting my drawing's in 3-D. Don't know if I'd know how to do that.

What does OC stand for?
    It stands for Original Character. Sorry, I should've said that above.
  6. Giolon05 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    You can ask me to do it for you! ;) As I said, you can find an example of what I did for LordNeo in my art thread (linked in my sig). See Update #13.
  7. Princess_Bunhead Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I must admit, your detail to the hair is fantastic. It's a wonderful work of art
  8. RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Wow, nice artwork, Melissa. Love the Syal one. And the Jaina eyes was pretty much spot-on.

The OC was great, too. You have a real telent.
  9. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, very nice OC, Princess! The figure is very well proportioned: legs, arms, head all the right size and shape. The "forms" of the body are suggested well, too (the "volumes" of legs, torso, etc.), although you might want to try "going darker" with the shading, which will really help give the figure "space" in the drawing. You have a wonderful sense of movement, too--the legs, the arms--I have a definite sense of her moving toward me here. As to the face, all I would suggest would be to use the same darker shading, to help define the planes and form of the face. A wonderful study--I would like to see you work on this one some more, and develop it further!

FF
  10. Kei Jedi Youngling

I'd love for any ideas on how I can make my drawing better.

(Two months later than everyone else in commenting on your first drawing.)Like Falcon Fan said, the soft quality of the picture is lovely as well as the contrast between her dress and her skin tone. Just be careful with smudging. If you smudge it too much, accidental or deliberate, it can flatten a picture out. Also, with the eyes, if you color them all one color, it makes the person seem dead (Spielberg used that effect in Shindler's List). Real people have highlights and shines in the iris as well as on the eye itself.

I'd love to see more of your drawings so keep posting.
  11. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 5
    :eek:Does your mother know that you are drawing your skirts that short?!?

-That was my very first thought!:p Like Deb said, the proportions are very good here. I am esp impressed with the hand holding the saber! It is eloquent and defined without losing the simplistic stylized lines.

What can we look forward to from you next?
  12. NARRABIE Jedi Youngling

star 1
    No Offence or anything but thi picture reminds me of Danni Quee. Is it just me or do other forum users see danni Quee in the thread
  13. goddess45 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    melissa! These are so beautiful!!

They're so good!!
  14. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Princess_Bunhead-I must admit, your detail to the hair is fantastic. It's a wonderful work of art
    Thank you! I just wish I could get her to not be so blury

RK_Striker_JK_5 - Wow, nice artwork, Melissa. Love the Syal one. And the Jaina eyes was pretty much spot-on. The OC was great, too. You have a real telent.
    [face_blush] Thanks!

FalconFan- Oh, very nice OC, Princess! The figure is very well proportioned: legs, arms, head all the right size and shape. The "forms" of the body are suggested well, too (the "volumes" of legs, torso, etc.), although you might want to try "going darker" with the shading, which will really help give the figure "space" in the drawing. You have a wonderful sense of movement, too--the legs, the arms--I have a definite sense of her moving toward me here. As to the face, all I would suggest would be to use the same darker shading, to help define the planes and form of the face. A wonderful study--I would like to see you work on this one some more, and develop it further!
    Thank you! I'll definatally try to use the helpful hints you've given me and improve her.

Kei- Just be careful with smudging. If you smudge it too much, accidental or deliberate, it can flatten a picture out. Also, with the eyes, if you color them all one color, it makes the person seem dead (Spielberg used that effect in Shindler's List). Real people have highlights and shines in the iris as well as on the eye itself.
    Smudging is my evil nemisis. as you can see on the eyes the border looks cut off because I had it all smudged from my hand and just took an eraser to it. I've been working on that though. Thanks for the helpful hints.

Zonoma- Does your mother know that you are drawing your skirts that short?!?
    [face_blush] I sware it looked longer before I posted it

Like Deb said, the proportions are very good here. I am esp impressed with the hand holding the saber! It is eloquent and defined without losing the simplistic stylized lines.
    Thanks!

What can we look forward to from you next?
    You'll just have to wait to find out :p

NARRABIE- No Offence or anything but thi picture reminds me of Danni Quee. Is it just me or do other forum users see danni Quee in the thread
    LOL no offence taken. [face_thinking] Maybe it's the blonde hair? I actually got the inspiration from a billbord I saw. I can't remember what it was for now though.

goddess45- melissa! These are so beautiful!! They're so good!!
    [face_blush] Thanks!
  15. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, everyone. Giolon05 has taken the picture of my OC and run it through a poster program. It can be found [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/22192019/p1]here[/link].
  16. Giolon05 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    *cough* Ahem, it's a program called Poser. It's not run through an automated process or anything, I made it, he he. ;) Thanks again for letting me take Ellie for a spin! It was a very fun project, and I can't wait to do more!

Edit: Quick links so people don't have to go digging through my thread (though I'd love it if they did :D )

[image=http://www.picshosted.com/c/9009/ElliePose1-Thumb.th2.jpg]
    [link=http://www.picshosted.com/v/9009/ElliePose1-Final.jpg]Full Image[/link]
    [link=http://ImageKnockout.com/uploads/ElliePose1Final.jpg]Original Resolution Image[/link]

[image=http://www.picshosted.com/c/9027/ElliePortrait.th2.jpg]
    [link=http://www.picshosted.com/v/9027/ElliePortrait.jpg]Full Image[/link]
    [link=http://ImageKnockout.com/uploads/ElliePortrait.jpg]Original Resolution Image[/link]
  17. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry Giolon05, I'm not very good when it comes to computers or their software.
  18. Giolon05 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Not a problem, just getting the proper information out there! :)
  19. KILIK Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought I had said this art work rocked the forst time I saw. For some reason I didn't post then well I am now.:)

I wish I could draw like that thats very good Princess_Melissa.:) Let me know if you draw anything else please. :)
  20. DarkSavior Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Your very good with the shading of the images. I know because i have a friend who tells me so [face_laugh] He did a fan art picture of my Jedi character for me(this name) and he was amazed at the shading of the eyes and how well they turned out for not doing anything but pencil drawings etc.

I personally think that he is correct, you have a nac for this sort of thing and you should definately stick with it.
  21. jedi_remi Jedi Youngling

star 2

Nicely done.:D
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.