main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prisoner of Azkaban casting

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Poodu, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    I've been v. critical of HP, although I haven't read any of them yet. Which is appalling. :(
    I noticed that Amazon had 'adult' editions. Is this versions without the large print or something all together more sinister? :confused:

2. Beckymonster

Beckymonster Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Nothing so sinister :D

Just different covers - so you don't get embarrassed by reading a kids book on the train! :D

Not that something like that has ever stopped me! ;)

3. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Morning all.

I wasn't overly impressed with the first Harry Potter, but due to a work/home/bus mix up I'm now halfway through both 2 and 3, and it looks like they get better.

It really does bug me just how much they're written for children, though. And the way the magic spells are done is really crap.

4. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

If books with clever plots, great characterisation and lots of humour are your thing, then HP books are just the ticket.

I can't put the beggars down.

---------------------------------------

Obijohn; The books get more grown up as they move on. The first book is the most child friendly but by the time you get to the fourth you have more plot twists than you can cope with, a depth beyond any average youngster and the book itself is the size of a breezeblock.

Not particulary kiddy at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.