main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Prisoner of War (Dear Diary 2008 Challenge) - OCs [Clone Wars] - 2nd entry posted 1/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KrystalBlaze, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, I haven't posted on these boards in some time.

Prisoner of War
    Summary: The life of a prince-elect under capture by the enemy.
    Timeframe: somewhere near the end of the Clone Wars
    Characters: (OCs). Daravan Duilio mostly. Syfer Helis will make a lasting appearance in the following months.
    Disclaimer: Original characters are mine. Star Wars belongs to George Lucas.
    Author Notes: Written for the 2008 Dear Diary Challenge. I hope to complete this one. Daravan Duilio and Syfer Helis are characters of mine that have appeared in several other works and who I will continue to use since I love them dearly. I also hope to post twice a month or as the muse strikes. Here we go.

[b].01.[/b]

My name is Daravan Duilio. I?m sitting in a prison cell at the moment, actually. It?s damp and dark here, just like my heart. We?re kindred spirits, this cell and me. I?ve been here for some time now ? I would wager almost two weeks, if the new year actually has come to pass.

I am a prisoner of war, in case you haven?t figured it out yet.

It?s not exactly the greatest and best way to start off a new year. I could hear them celebrating last night as they crept above me. Of course, they could have been celebrating anything ? life, love, marriage, perhaps one of their troops actually hitting something that could still move. The last would call for the most cause of celebration, I think, whereas all the others are just causes of misery.

They have treated me almost well here. I am fed food that is something like an edible piece of tar everyday and given water when they try to drown me. The ?fresher flushes if I kick it hard enough and the wound to my right arm is infected. Still, I?m alive. That counts for something, or so I?m told.

At first I was angry at this predicament. I still am, for the most part. In a sly way, though. Sometimes I?ll kick the wall until my foot throbs or punch it with my fist, but that?s not really anger, per say. I am constructively finding ways to amuse myself with all the time on my hands. In these activities I remember precisely and carefully the bone and muscle that I am injuring. If I can?t recall, I simply make them up and then craft detailed and elaborate stories about them.

A day is a long time when you are alone only with the darkness.

They don?t know who I am. If they did, I?m pretty sure they?d have either killed me by now or turned me over to their leader. I was carrying false identification as I was ordered to. What they hope to get by merely holding a Crodain army captain is besides me. Perhaps they are shocked by the fact I was the sole survivor of the raid that killed my entire caravan and are keeping me around in order to harness my powers of luck and liberty.

My father always tells me my sense of humor is warped and demented.

Dozens of people died in the raid. People I knew and cared about.

My luck, then, probably is no longer holding.

I am still alive.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    intriguing start.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What a wretched way to begin the new year but as Daravan said, at least he's alive

Perhaps they are shocked by the fact I was the sole survivor of the raid that killed my entire caravan and are keeping me around in order to harness my powers of luck and liberty

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love his sense of humor! Perhaps that will be what helps him to survive.

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan: I try. Thanks for reading. :)

KELIA: You'll find he has a crazy sense of humor. ;) Thank you for reading!

Next entry!

They interrogated me yesterday. I honestly don?t know what they expect from me. I?m only, in their eyes, an army captain who was leading a caravan of refugees from Fraizer to Catharan. It?s not like I ?should? know the location of the bases or the location of the army stock.

Oh, wait a second ? except I do.

But they shouldn?t know that.

It?s infuriating, really, having to pretend I don?t know something when I do. Sure, I?m saving lives here ? possibly ? but having to play dumb gets to me. I know things. I?m not stupid as they are playing me out to be and there are times I want to ask them to get close to me so I can bite their ears off.

I am a sick, deranged man. Maybe it?s best I?m being locked up. My father once told me if I wasn?t his son, he would have had me committed. It wouldn?t look good for a prince-elect to be thrown into jail before he could step to the position of power.

Oh yes. I am the prince-elect of Crodai. Yippee. My father has been the Leader of Crodai for about twenty years, right after I was born. I grew up in the Manor where all Leaders live. Although Crodai has an elected monarchy, it still is expected for a Duilio to be in power and I am next in line.

Actually, there?s a story there but it?s sad and flustering and I don?t want to talk about it, so I won?t. I have an older brother who is a coward and a fraud and he doesn?t live on this planet anymore. That?s all I?m going to say about that.

I really hate being in this cell. It gets cold at night.

I want to go home.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great update and to see more about who he is.=D=

6. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Sorry I didn't have a chance to reply before, Krystal. Really like your OC here. He seems to have a great sense of humor! I don't blame him for wanting to go home though!

7. arthurweasley

arthurweasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2008
    Sounds like a scary guy to me. I wonder what he's done to make him think that he should be imprisoned. [face_thinking] If you don't mind, please add me to your list!

8. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    What a fascinating character! You wrote this so well, KrystalBlaze. It's like I truly am reading this man's diary.

If you have a PM list, I beg you to add me to it. [face_praying]

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I want to go home

:_| :_| :_|

I hope he will be able to...someday. [face_worried] [face_worried]

As frustrating as playing dumb is, I'm glad the prisoner is doing it. As he said, he is saving lives.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.