main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Privacy: A thing of the past?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by wardenx, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    privacy

Just more reason to keep an eye on what the gov't in doing. Because THEY are keeping an eye on what YOU are doing.

I, for one, don't like the way things are going. Some of the modern technology that is being implemented smacks too painfully at Big Brother tactics. It's bad enough already. I don't want it to get any worse. It's going to, but I can hope that knowledge will help people keep it curtailed somewhat.

2. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    A bit unrelated to that but did anyone hear of that RIAA will now be going after downloaders instead of the platforms. I can't find the article but they will be suing people who download music.

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I heard about that.... I doubt it will get them very far :p Imagine, suing your customer base to get them to buy your stuff more? :eek: Morons! :p

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Quite literally shooting yourself in the foot (or chest).

Might check out our discussion in the Senate.

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    There is no "discussion" in the Senate, only throwing opinions around... Discussion implies intelligent discourse, and we know the JC is not famous for that ;) :D [face_mischief]

6. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Hey now :(.

7. wardenx

Apr 23, 2003
    Slipping a little from topic, but still good. LOL

Maxchewie: Don't know how what I sadi was unrelated. It's the government taking a new technology and using it for purposes of privacy infringement. They may not actually be doing it, but, if I can see it and figure out how to do it, then I'm sure the brain-pool in the gov't can figure it out.

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    KW Ya know I'm only funnin' ya ;) :D Well, mostly ;)

9. wardenx

Apr 23, 2003
    Hey, I dig the debate at the JC. Sure there are some jerks, but there are also some really intelligent people there. And their topics are thought provoking.

Oh, and Knightwriter does a great job of keeping them on topic and in line.

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Due to me coming from message boards from earlier in my life where flaming and swearing was acceptable, but where a simple post had to be a paragraph, and a topic had to be half a page(believe it or not, these were pokeyman boards lol), I feel as though the JC is a blessing compared to that, and it is, so, I go there. It's no problemo to me. Also, the FanForce is heaven. :D

So, if you think the JC is bad, compare it to pokeyman boards with teenage admins, preteen, child and teenage mods, that were made for those with no life BY those who have no life, but to get a power trip by being an admin of their own boards.

That's also why I hate Pokeyman.

*Gets of his soapbox*

Now back to topic.

Seriously, I think that that is ridiculous, that the government even doesn't trust us, enough to SPY ON US!!!! Well, you could always get phone tap eliminators and that such, but it still doesn't feel right....

11. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    big brother is watching you! :p

well, IMO:

"those who would sacrifice freedom for security, deserve niether!"

12. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    KW Ya know I'm only funnin' ya

Of course ;). We have our share of problems and problem people, that's for sure.

13. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey, I briefed the article. No, thank you. It's bad enough that Fry's knows everything I buy. I don't need my heartrate out there too!

Deep in Fry's headquarters . . . Hey, Frank! Look at this! Jada Marnew's back on a health kick! She bought Napa Cabbage, three different kinds of tofu, protein powder, every fruit on sale and brussel sprouts! edit oh, and I forgot, Frank. She also bought Naked Juice! [face_shocked]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.