main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Private Beach Blues, L/M

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Title: Private Beach Blues
    Author: ginchy
    Timeline: Post Union
    Disclaimer: I don?t own these characters, but I certainly love them.
    Characters: Luke and Mara, those wacky perpetual newlyweds.
    Notes: Had a bad day. Wanted fluff to cheer me up. Pulled this unfinished SJRS quote challenge off the hard drive and went to work. The challenge had been for Luke and Mara to use each other?s quotes. The quotes used are, ? Everything?s better with a Jedi around.? and ? Master Skywalker, are you becoming a romantic?" This has not been beta?d so I apologize for any mistakes. Jade_Pilot and JediMara77 did help me to shape the idea. Thanks ladies!!

?Skywalker,? Mara Jade Skywalker growled through clenched teeth as she and her husband disembarked their ship, the [i]Jade Sabre[/i]. ?This place is a tourist trap. I thought it was supposed to be a [i]private[/i] beach.?

The aforementioned Skywalker, Luke, gave his wife a sideway glance and tiny smile. ?Our cottage is on a private beach, Mara. The entire island, however, is inhabited.?

?Cute. I think ?overpopulated? is a better descriptor.? Mara eyed the sight-seers from every species imaginable as they waddled by in loud shirts and strange hats in varying loud shades. ?And I don?t remember you mentioning that, my love,? she said, using the term of endearment sarcastically as she deflected curious looks from the passing crowds. ?Are you covering us with a Force disguise??

Luke templed his fingers in front of him and gave her another maddening smile. ?No, because isn?t that technically unnecessary use--?

?Don?t start with me,? Mara said, but a flicker of good humor was in her eyes. ?And it?s not unnecessary, unless you want your admirers flocking to our private beach with us.?

?My admirers?? Luke asked, gesturing to two Devaronian males that were paying a little too much attention to Mara.

As she turned to look they suddenly turned towards the beach and wandered off. Mara gave a look to her husband. ?Did you--?

?Deflect their interest and cover us with a Force disguise?? Luke asked. ?You bet.?

?Now you?re being cute,? Mara said, but took his hand in hers and led him forward as he hitched their bag on his shoulder. ?Let?s find the rental office so we can get out of this crowd and onto the private beach you promised me.?

?Apparently there?s a sea monster here,? Mara said, as she perused the rental office while Luke signed their cover names into the register. ?The Ick-En-Barf Monster,? she read, looking at a blurry holo image of something that might have resembled a sea monster or a floating tree branch.

?Ick-En-Barf,? Luke repeated with a chuckle. ?Because you regurgitate in fright when you see it??

?Actually,? the realtor behind the desk cut in, ?it?s pronounced Ick-on-bare-ef.?

?Right,? Mara said after a beat.

?Is it a real serpent or a local legend?? Luke asked absently, submitting his thumb print for their room security.

Mara gave him a not-so-subtle Force nudge and he rolled his eyes at her playfully. ?Also, the private beach you promised--?

?Your cottage is located on the bluff, and is the most secluded point of the island,? the realtor promised, flinching under Mara?s narrowed gaze. ?If you could just place your thumb here, Mistress Yars? Are you two here celebrating an anniversary??

?Something like that,? Mara answered coolly, placing her own thumb on the machine.

?Uh, yes, well, I hope you enjoy your stay.?

?As long as we avoid Old Barfy, we?ll be fine,? Mara said.

?Icken[i]barraf[/i] is somewhat of a celebrity around here,? the realtor said, defensively. ?He?s often sighted by tourists such as you.?

?I?m sure it would be the thrill of my life,? Mara muttered.

Luke cleared his throat to avoid laughing and finished the niceties with the realtor before they left the office and again melded into the crowd of tourists. As they walked further up the boardwalk and off onto the private path towards the cottage, the crowds lessened as promised, until the beach became empt

2. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    ?Is that any way to speak to your elders?? Mara gave the kids a pointed look.

A few of the kids shuffled their feet in the sand and looked embarrassed. One little girl, a young Twi?lek, twisted at her head-tails. ?We?re sorry, ma?am. We didn?t know you were elderly.?

ROFL! I love Ela!

Very sweet, very funny! All-around wonderful, ginchy!=D=

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I can't properly respond on my phone. Suffice it to say: SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Damn those meddling kids! I was looking forward to some bootknocking!! Very cute!

5. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    You've done it again ginchy-girl!!!! This is awesome!!! I smiled and laughed all my way through!!!!

?As long as we avoid Old Barfy, we?ll be fine,?
    Oh, Mara. She can really unnerv anyone! Just a stare at that monster and it will come to heel.:p And change name...

Luke, lying on the blanket beside of her, all golden muscle with no need for sun protection
    *kataja stops reading push her tongue back into her mouth, then continues*

"We?re sorry, ma?am. We didn?t know you were elderly.?
    *falls off chair*

?What?s Big Rock??

The tall boy gave Luke a strange look. ?It?s a big rock
    .?
    *groans from the floor*

He tossed her lightsaber to her, and she noticed his in his hand. ?Where the?Skywalker, did you have that in your bathing suit?? She paused a beat. ?Never mind, I don?t want to know.?
    *some things are just better unexplained, arne't they? ;)

Skywalker?? The realtor looked ready to faint. ?Oh, dear.?
    [face_laugh]

His eyes tracked over the tourist tee, clinging to her chest and hitting her only mid-thigh. ?That?s the best Ickenbarraf has ever looked.?
    I never got up from the floor, and that's just as good. [face_mischief]

I don't know if this genre could be called Luke&Mara meets Scooby Doo - but I know I LOVE it!!!! Fanfiction forever!!![face_dancing]

Perfect start of my day!!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thank you for the LM to make my really BAD day end on a better note.

Hehehe. It kinda reminded me of a Scooby-doo episode, but I hope LM get some BOOTKNOCKING done on their next vacation.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was funny, ginchy! [face_laugh]

I hope Luke will let Mara pick their next vacation.

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    You finished it!!! I love that you added the kids. It works perfectly! I really needed this after being sick for a week. *cough*

Bravo!!!! =D= =D=

9. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Love it! Silly and sweet at the same time. :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    See? This is real therapy for bad icky days at work, mush and humor! Not angst! :p

Oh this was a fun fun fun read!

Classic ginchy never left the building, whew! Relieved Jade! [face_laugh] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Big!!!!!!!! Hugs!!!!

11. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ROFL! Love it!

12. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Ginchy, that was priceless! Your one-shots never fail to put a smile on my face :D

I hope your mood is also better after writing it!