main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I honestly think he'll need two attempts before breaking the record.

[edit]

One for @DarthMane2

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.
  2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Quick WK review.

Bucks vs P3k was good. Nice opener. I guess a nice feud with the bucks will be good for R3k in the long run.

Never 6 man: felt longer than last year. Hated it.

Ibushi vs Cody: great. Ibushi was great and Cody was right there with him.

Tag title match: good hard hitting match

Susuki vs Goto was Awesome.

4 way didn’t blow me away, but was still great in spots

Tana vs White wasn’t the break out performance White needed. I think joining Chaos was a better fit for him.

Jericho vs Omega was everything it should have been and more. Best Jericho has looked in years.

Okada vs Naito was a great match with an odd finish.

DANNASUK and Juliet316 like this.
  3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    @DarthMane2

I do wonder if injured Tana played apart and White was unable to work a fast paced match. It looked rather slow. I've seen his match, against Ospreay, last year and it was amazing - Jay can be brilliant to watch. But, the kid has a tough spot - he is being groomed to replace Omega as the top gajin at some point. Which won't be an easy task. Gedo has made the kid certainly interesting with his "I'm joining CHAOS to dethrone Kenny and then go after Okada" mentality. Very elaborate. I like it.

Agree with you on the fatal 4 way. Was TOO overbooked IMHO; WWE, to their credit, tend to avoid a massive spotfest in matches like this. Didn't like it. Kushida needs to go away for a while. Send him to NOAH or something.

Jericho v Omega was even better second time around for me. Jericho's best match ever? Hmm, he was insanely good back in 08/09. Put on some wrestling clinics with Shawn Michaels. I'll be surprised if it doesn't get five stars.

Main event still is a sore spot for me. Yeah, I'm bias because I wanted Naito to win but the finish really didn't make sense.

Final point: with the right opponent, Cody is great and has the potential for upper midcard/main event. Becoming the leader of the Bullet Club could see them return to the glory days of Prince Devitt. Rhodes certainly has the vicious streak in him.

Oh, Jericho apparently wants to face Tanahashi before ending his NJPW run. According to Meltzer.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 JCC Game Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    We're getting a bonus matchup besides the three title matches on the AXS broadcast: Cody vs Ibushi.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Rumour has it Omega v Cody could be happening as early as 'Mania weekend. Kenny has been announced by ROH, that he will be appearing on the card. An educated guess is Bullet Club will be moving predominately to the US, with little or no showing on NJPW anymore. That's if Cody assumes the leadership.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    BTW, Jericho proves that he can wear anything and make it work for him. Including thin hairbands.

Grand Admiral Strife likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    One of the 205 Live house shows has been cancelled due to slow ticket sales. Not a good sign.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The official story is logistics.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Styles is one of the most pushed stars in recent memory, who came from another promotion.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I saw that on Meltzer's site earlier. Maybe once Triple H takes over (if Vince doesn't up and decide to sell it first), a working relationship will happen.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I can see Vince allowing some talent to do one off matches in NJPW, but not everyone. He is, after all, one of the reasons why NJPW exist - Vince helped to build them up in the 80s, by sending top talent and letting them use WWE titles.

If Jericho's words are correct, Vince was very insistent of him facing Omega because he'll be "flying the flag" for the WWE. So, a working relationship under Vince cannot be ruled out entirely. After all, NJPW owns the rights to WWE talent matches, who wrestled their in the 80s/90s.

Monday and Tuesday will be interesting to watch, to see whether or not WWE acknowledges his Tokyo Dome match. I have little hope they will, but it would add to Jericho's story in Japan - if WWE promotes it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    They haven't even acknowledged Jericho's wrestling cruise (which was promoted on AXS TV during the WK airing), so I doubt Jericho vs Omega is mentioned on RAW or SMACKDOWN.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, the cruise they won't. If they refused to send NXT talent, no chance they'll give free advertisement to ROH guys. It is a shame Hunter turned the offer down because NXT really needs an excursion system.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From what I understand it took Hunter years to get Vince to say 'yes' to War Games, so Vince may have been the actual one to ix - nay the cruise.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I know Jericho spoke to Hunter and "another senior executive" regarding the cruise, Hunter was the one who said WWE "doesn't play well with others". But, yeah, I remember War Games being discussed in 2012 and Vince not being keen on the logistics.

[edit]

See the final five minutes. Just golden. Kenny sees the truth.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.
  17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Big lols ITT: Vince cares about a nerd cruise, and WWE MADE NJPW.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In theory, this is technically a WWE/NJPW interpromotional match..

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So the reason NXT's house show in Jacksonville was cancelled wasn't because of ticket sales or 'logistics' it's because the National Guard needed the armory NXT was going to use for training purposes. The show's been rescheduled for February.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm fascinated to see where they go with Balor Club now. It seems to be an actual thing. Even if its two years too late.

You know, Finn might be the wild card for the Rumble - if WWE goes all in on Balor Club.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

On the same card, where Kenny defends against Jay White, Cody v Ibushi is happening again.

Also.....

CHAOS V LIJ [face_nail_biting][face_nail_biting][face_nail_biting][face_nail_biting][face_nail_biting]

(which is on my birthday!)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Jesus wept. That was awesome [face_rofl]

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  24. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Maybe flirting with one. Vince stands in the way because Kidani said last week he wants one and will keep pushing until he gets it. There’s no real reason not to have one. NJPW will never be a threat to WWE, and both companies can take advantage of the other. I think HHH would jump at the opportunity.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    did you see the Balor Club entrance on RAW? WWE did a poor job editing out "Bullet Club" logo on Karl Anderson's t-shirt and photoshopped Bad Luck Fale and Tonga out of a photo [face_rofl]

Well, WWE thinks very highly of Okada (who always pays a visit when in the US), but Gedo won't want their ace being beaten in 5 mins by some midcarder. It could happen under Vince's watch, but only under perfect circumstances.

They're despite to mention the Bullet Club on WWE TV.