main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    @Juliet316 @DarthMane2

Did you guys listen to the latest Talk is Jericho? Really worth checking out. Vince was giving Jericho advice during the build up to his match with Omega.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Have to do so when I have a minute.

3. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 16, 2015
    listened to the podcast some parts of new japan sounds very amateurish with the story about kenny's entrance and jericho really doesn't seem to rate red shoes. also the agree with kenny get rid of those chairs and tables

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Omega v Jericho was a five star match.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2012
    So about that match...

I didn't expect much from Jericho, I don't share the belief that he's something special, I don't like the guy's style, gimmick, or personality. Physically speaking he's piled on the weight, but he's grown his hair long thank **** so we don't have to look at that Advanced Hair Studio weave any more. Instead he now rocks the William Hartnell look, complete with transition-covering hairband:
    [​IMG]

TBF it's hard to criticise anyone's hair when comparing to Kenny Omega's tribute to Nathan Barley's geek pie:
    [​IMG]

Despite my misgivings it was actually a pretty good brawl. It turns out you CAN take the WWE out of a Superstar after all. If WWE had matches like this, a presentation like this, I'd actually tune in once in a while. I had no idea Jericho was capable of moving like this, of working this kind of style - I guess this is a glimpse of what other people see in him. It was a little bit like a Japanese main event painting by numbers affair (featuring all the spots you'd cynically expect) but each guy made the other look great and it was a very satisfying match.

I think Corny has it backwards btw. Neither guy was the other's broom, not really, but if anyone carried the other at any point it was Omega doing the heavy lifting.

ETA:
    I'd give it 3.5 stars. I'm not invested in the people or the venue though, if I was I could see it going to 4.5. It's a good match but one we've all seen a thousand times before.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 6:13 AM
  6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    AUSTIN ARIES IS IMPACT CHAMPION?!?!

*wipes away a proud tear*

7. V-2

V-2 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2012
    If that's true, cheers for the spoiler. :/

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    OH ****!

I'm sorry :(

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2012
    Ah, yer alright. I only just got back up to date with Impact, burned through 5 episodes last night (thankfully 2 of them were best of 2017 compilations that I zipped straight through).

I'm half surprised he went back, and three quarters surprised Impact took him back tbh. He has a toxic backstage reputation. I suppose the title is in lieu of the kind of money he was asking for.

Gutted for Ely Drake. I always thought he could cut great promos, but then I watched an OSWR which pointed out how he's basically just copying The Rock and now that's all I can see. *******s!

10. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Drake was another Flair Knockoff. TNA has died on that hill so many times. They even tried with AJ.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    FOX Sports is interested in WWE TV rights. It would mean RAW returning to two hours (which would make it slightly more bearable)

NJ Cup Winner prediction: Tanahashi.

Why? At the Genesis show, it will be Okada's 12th title defence. Equalling the record set by Tanahashi. Our golden boy, Okada, will break the record by beating Tanahashi one final time.

As for "Who Beats Okada at Dominion?" Question: it is realistically down to three individuals -

Shock winner: Jericho (depends if he'll take part in the G1. I'd be very, very, very, very surprised)
    Obvious choice: Omega (Has a title shot because he beat Okada in the G1 Block Final)
    Safe Bet: Kota Ibushi (Fans love him. Incapable of having a bad match)

This is based off Okada/Naito being the main event at the Dome, again, next year and Gedo not booking them to face each other at all in 2018. If that is not the case, Naito is probably winning at Dominion.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I still think WWE stays with USA in the end. My gut feeling on that.

13. heels1785

heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Dear lord, I hope that FOX crap falls through. They've been terrible with UFC, and having RAW and SDL on two different networks is stupid.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Juliet316 likes this.
  15. V-2

V-2 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't think Drake was ever made out to be much like Flair... At first they had him dressed as He-Man in a faction with Drew Galloway, eventually losing the Eternia costume as a heel. He became the 'namer of dummies', made it clear that he only drinks water, got given a dog-rough comedy interview segment each week, a feud with EC3 (who is/was much more of a Flair-esque spoilt rich boy character imo), a run as king of the mountain, a lackey/goon (Chris Masters), and then a pretty decent run as champ (given the circumstances), they showed him defending the Impact/GFW/Whatever title round the world at different events. Not much like Ric Flair, more like a combination of Roddy Piper and Rock, with a dash of CM Punk. Flair and Drake are both loud-mouths, but Drake doesn't have any of the Nature Boy gimmick about him imo. Maybe pre-plane crash 'roidy Ric Flair.

Supposedly WWE are interested in him and I can see why. TNA gave him a string of quite silly things to do, and he made each of them work somehow. Getting over despite the gimmick isn't conducive to a long WWE career these days however... I hope he stays.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Sasha is in the dog house, apparently, for injuring Paige.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Omega v Cody is the apparent ROH main event for their Super Card show.

I'll take a wild guess, this is when the new Bullet Club leader will be crowned and Kenny turns babyface.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Mark Henry has officially retired.

[edit]

Ryan Ward is in control of MMC on Facebook. Vince, Dunn and Hunter have nothing to do with it. Ward is the guy who booked NXT golden era and Smackdown! in 2016.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:14 AM
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Are we sure this time it's real, and not something like this:

bizzbizz and DANNASUK like this.
  20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    To think, that was five years ago.

Yeah, it is real. Contract was up today.

bizzbizz and Juliet316 like this.
  21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And by extenstion.... Disney.

23. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2005
    Apparently Paige is done for WWE due to her most recent injury, going by PWInsider. What an absolutely awful couple of years she's had.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

At the moment, I'll go with potential false rumours until the WWE puts out something official.

Apparently, Disney didn't buy this part of FOX.

25. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2005
    Fingers crossed it's an exaggeration or a misunderstanding. Gutted for her otherwise.