main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope Jeff Hardy is given a decent run with the US Title. Doubt it will happen, but one can hope.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. Got the feeling that was just for some pop last night, and Jinder will likely get it back in the rematch.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Unless they move Jeff to SMACKDOWN and turn Orton heel (and let's be honest: Orton works better as a heel). And if the WWE's plan for Jeff is to keep him Jeff right now and not Brother Nero, then a move to SMACKDOWN might be better for that.

Also, Almas will almost certainly be called up to SMACKDOWN shortly, and Big Cass has been cleared to return for a few weeks now, so SMACKDOWN should soon get an influx of heels.

I would imagine only one or two women will be brought over to SMACKDOWN tonight (especially with Almas almost certainly bringing Zelina Vega with him), Perhaps Absolution (makes since with Paige as GM) and maybe Dana Brooke. I think last night's beat down of Bayley and Sasha before they could have a definitive end to their conflict seems to indicate WWE isn't moving them this year either.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think it's highly doubtful they'll leave Rousey, Alexa, Nia, and Asuka on the same show. All four get a ton of airtime - add Natalya and Ember to that mix, now. Dana's not moving because Titus WW is being set up for a feud with Dolph and Drew.

Imagine Alexa will leave to flee Jax (thus the prerecorded bit last night), or Asuka will leave to confront Charlotte. Maybe even both, if they really want to give Ronda some space on Mondays.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Would love Ronda to start working through Raw and become champ at Summerslam, Charlotte gets the title back and reigns on Smackdown...champ vs. champ as WM35 headliner!

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Would be a hell of a great headliner. I think SS may be a bit early for Ronda, though - maybe Survivor Series? Or even Royal Rumble?

I think they want to build to Ronda-Charlotte, but also make sure they don't burn out by starting it too early. Ronda can learn a ton through working with Nattie, Sasha, and Bayley for a while, and then really emerge as the best of the best after she's taken most of them on at other PPVs.

LloydChristmas and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I wonder, will Rousey have an undefeated streak of her own come WM35? Could add a tasty angle to her match with Charlotte, with Charlotte as the breaker of streaks or something.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it is clear she'll be on a undefeated strike.

Post-SummerSlam is when I think Ronda will start to main event the b PPVs. Most certainly will be the sole survivor at Survivor Series and will win the women's Royal Rumble.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I really hope not.

I like Ronda, and I hope she has a lot of success - but I always thought that streak for Asuka really held back her character. For me, losing (and more importantly, one's reaction to it) is both important and interesting, especially for new (or new to the org) talent.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It will be interesting to see what the first time she's asked to job for somebody.

12. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Draft pretty much happened as I expected. Though Jeff could easily go to SD when I have Rollins pegged.

Roode and Jinder fit better on Raw, and I knew Brian would stay and Miz would get sent over.

My only prediction for SD is the Revival. More of a hope than a prediction.

Perhaps Apollo crews. Think you’ll see more NXT call ups more than switches. Almas and Eric Young’s group(name escapes).

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Asuka might be a good shout for beating Ronda.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Rewatched this to get ready for tonight:

I. Can't. Wait.

15. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    Well smackdown main event scene is now stacked
    Aj/Bryan/orton/Hardy/nakamura/Samoajoe/

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I figured they'd move Jeff, like I said, if WWE wants to keep Jeff as Jeff Hardy for awhile, then the best way was to keep him and Matt on separate brands for the time being.

I'm not shocked they moved Joe, but I'm kind of surprised because it seemed like they were moving towards a program with him and Roman.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh Hi, Auska, Gallows/Anderson

18. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    Smackdown tag division is also stacked

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And there's the confirmation of Almas and Vega coming to Team Blue.

But why's Sanity being called up without Nikki Cross?

20. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    So many amazing matches coming on smackdown this year can’t wait

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Including this tag match!

22. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    The main event scene is absolutely stacked they also have a bunch of mid carders they could make into main eventers

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Only disappointment tonight was Miz tucking tail and running home rather than appear on RAW to face Bryan. But we'll get that soon enough.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Between Styles, DB, and Rusev, probably have the current three most over performers in the ring together all at once.

Nakamura is a brilliant heel. Big Cass as his henchman may work out. One thing that’s been kind of weird these last few weeks has been insinuation of a bunch of storylines that are unlikely to materialize - basically anyone with DB will get drowned out by Miz.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Hopeful that Cesaro and Sheamus will go their ways after Dubai - Cesaro would be in heaven on SDL with Joe, AJ, DB, Shinsuke, Cien, Miz, and the superior performers of the “B” show.