main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Oh is that where he went? I wondered why he wasn't on TV recently.

In which case, Cody is the best option for a young guy to fight Undertaker.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    He broke it during that Battle Royal of Doom a few weeks ago where Jericho was named the #1 Contender to Punk's title at 'Mania. He had to have surgery for it.

Amazing that he was the only one seriously injured during that battle royal.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, Sin Cara & Rey Mysterio weren't in there to injure themselves or others :p

4. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Yeah, during that part where Barrett got hurt, it looked like he wasn't the only one.

Rock and Punk would have epic promos, because the two of them know their way around the mic, and while I don't really like Rock in the ring, Punk has enough skill to more than make up for that, as we saw with his feud with Cena.

A think the top 5 guys I want to face Taker are Punk, Rhodes, Barrett, Miz, and Orton.(not necessarily in that order)

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm not keen on Taker facing someone he has already faced again, that is why I have issue with the Triple H match even though it could be good. But Miz, Barrett & Cody Rhodes would be all be good.

6. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Punk or Orton again though because they are at different levels/points than they were the first time around, so it would make it more interesting. It wouldn't really be the same thing again in other than in name.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I guess Hunter's thinking third time's the charm?

8. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't know what he's thinking but he needs to stop it. :p

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well his thinking got him set in the WWE for life via Stephanie McMahon and three kids, so he must be doing something right.O:)

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    HHH is most likely thinking he doesn't want to be eclipsed by HBK, given that his ego demands he be in the spotlight as much as possible.

11. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Which is sad, because it's not like that is a conversation a lot of people have. In fact I can't recall it ever being had very often. HBK is HBK, HHH is HHH, and they are both left their own legacy.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, but HHH wants his legacy to be better than everyone else's.

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    It will never happen, no matter what he does. He's not Hogan, he's not Austin, and he never will be. A great wrestler, but he will never be remembered as the greatest of all time. In fact I read a list that has him #1 most overrated wrestler of all time. I don't think he is that, I give that to Hogan. I think HHH legacy will end up being marrying the bosses daughter and using it to make his career look better.

Jericho went hard tonight, and as someone who grew up in a home with an alcoholic father that one hits me hard as well.

And as par for the last few weeks Cena and Rock's promos disappoint and take time away from guys who deserve it. At least it wasn't all them this week.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Rock's songs were hilarious.

Nice to see Rapper Cena again, that gimmick works so much better for him.
    Undertaker & HBK promo was good.

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Apparently they are opening WM with Punk/Jericho, middle of the card is Taker/HHH, and Rock/Cena is the last match. I think the WWE is dropping the ball on this one. A lot of fans are more interested in seeing Punk/Jericho and are not happy that match is the one of the three that they are using to start off WM. Of all the matches on the card, Punk/Jericho has the most attention.

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Here is an old ROH CM Punk promo he did on Raven. May be a spoiler for next monday's Raw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QcyEcKZ0Qcg

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I heard they were going with Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus for the opener.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That would make sense in terms of how low of a priority that match has been given in terms of promotion.

On the other hand, I can see the logic in having Jericho/Punk open the show in terms of trying to get the crowd off to a hot start as those two will almost certainly bring their A game and try to be the most memorable match on the card regardless of placement, and the WWE would want to have the crowd into the show from the start (and we all know Rock/Cena's going on last and HIAC with HHH/Taker will probably end up third to last with maybe a women's match in between that and Rock/Cena).

But even with that logic, there's going to be a lot of ticked off Jericho and Punk fans if Punk/Jericho open the show instead of something else.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    A lot of fans on Twitter were pissed. Jericho more or less confirmed it, but he could just be messing around.

EDIT: Also, what are the chances Hornswoggle is playing the lead?

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Jericho has been known for messing with the fans heads before. But I know one Punk fan who just got back from vacation who's going to be absolutely livid when I tell her that match is going on first.

And my guess is Hornswoggle's probably the entire reason WWE is helping Lionsgate reboot the Leprechaun franchise.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep. She's not happy.

23. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I guess the logic(or the alleged logic according to reports) Is they want Punk/Jericho, HIAC, and Rock/Cena to be the highest energy matches in terms of crowd energy, so they came up with that order.

I for one think the storyline and overall wrestling is heavy favor for Punk/Jericho so putting it on first is disappointing.

24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Punk and Jericho are stealing the show, both Raw and Wrestlemania.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.