main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    WWE's response to Glenn Beck, bookended by a normal promo.

Glenn Beck's mouth has probably saved Jack Swagger's job.

2. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Another reason for me to hate Glenn Beck.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well...
    Undertaker returned and teamed up with Sheamus at a houseshow in Waco tonight.

Whether this has any bearing on RAW Monday or WrestleMania going forward remains to be seen.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    At least he's back, and tag matches will suit him if he's not up to exerting himself for a longer amount of time yet.

If he still isn't come Wrestlemania, WWE could at least re-form BOD for the night. The team has huge marketability and would draw viewers but they would need a decent opponent and since DX no longer exists I'm not sure who they could go against.

5. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    If they were going to go the BOD route Daniel Bryan would make sense for one of the people they would go against since he and Kane seem headed for a break-up, but I don't know who would be his partner.

6. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    The fact that a kid will walk into a school and shoot up 20 little children while Glenn Beck is walking around spewing his toxins to the tune of 40 million dollars a year makes me wonder whats wrong with the world we live in.

Darth_Smeagol and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well Punk's dance card for WM will probably be open after Monday /realistic cynic.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Today is the Legedary Ric Flair's 64th Birthday:

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Donald Trump does not deserve to be in the WWE HOF

10. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    Neither does Drew Carey but it is what it is.

Punk declaring himself immortal and God makes me think we are headed for Punk vs. 'Taker at Wrestlemania.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If not, then WWE is being a terrible tease, and that's all I can say.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Makes the most sense, Taker can get the best match from Punk and no-one else would be worthy of Taker's wrath right now. Brock is fighting HHH so who else would Taker target?

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I was thinking last night as Punk did the piledriver on Cena (which apparently Cena and Punk did without Vince's permission since he declared it illegal unless your name was Undertaker), "if that's not a callout to the Undertaker, I don't know what is. Which was why I was bummed that 'Taker didn't come out after the match last night.

Edit: Vid I found from the end of that Waco match where 'taker returned. Not the best quality, but WWE's nuking everything else pertaining to that match in sight:

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Piledrivers like Undertaker does (belly-to-belly) are OK, the old style falling seated piledriver is regarded as more dangerous apparently and is now not allowed anymore.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That type of piledriver was what pretty much started all of Stone Cold's neck problems so yeah, I can see why it's banned.

16. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I don't buy that Cena and Punk did that without Vince's or the producers permission.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Why not? HHH & Undertaker did a headshot with chair spot at Wrestlemania and they aren't allowed anymore. Frankly the vets know what the people like and that they can do it safely, rather than be boring and conformist they will try other stuff to entertain. I mean, Vince is hardly going to fire Cena or Punk is he? They know that so they can sometimes be more radical at times.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'll just say this. I understand the want to entertain and pull out all the stops, but accidents can and do happen, even among the vets. Owen was a vet and near disaster happened when he did that piledriver on Austin. Undertaker is still able to do the Tombstone because he does it with his knees and thus the wrestlers head rarely hits the mat. Punk did his piledriver just like Owen did his: On his butt. Imagine what kind of nightmare there would be if Cena wasn't able to get up after that?

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    True, but that move was done for years without most people getting hurt. Injuries are part of the business, can't ban a move every time someone gets hurt (unless it's a recurring issue with a specific move) because when done properly it can be fine. Didn't Jerry Lawler do the piledriver? I doubt he'd be happy with the suggestion he doesn't know how to do it properly.

Wrestling is risky business sure, but it will get stale if they won't take some risks anymore. The great entertainers like Mick Foley & RVD and the like were popular exactly because they put their own bodies on the line just to entertain. UFC guys are willing to risk getting their arms broken and dropped on their heads and whatnot, wrestlers should be too.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm signed up for WWE's text alert system. This just came across my phone:

"I have risen."

Make of it what you will.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, seriously
    Why make this so much more complicated as it is. What was wrong with the self - proclaimed God, simply challenging the Undertaker and leaving it at that. Gah!

22. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Like I said RIP to one of the best managers in pro wrestling.

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Very sad to hear this.

RIP
    @};-

Also, maybe they should add him to the Hall of Fame class this year.

25. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  26. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    why do you keep tagging me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.