main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, a good performer would still try and do their best with bad material.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Big ROH controversy -

ROH World champion Jay Briscoe and his brother, Mark Briscoe, are officially finished with Ring of Honor. The status of the ROH Title is unknown at this time.

The Briscoes's contracts expired and will not be renewed. The decision was made in response to Jay's tweets in early May vowing to shoot anyone who teaches his children about marriage between same-sex couples.
    Sinclair Broadcasting became aware of the tweets and had ROH try to handle the issue in-house by having Briscoe issue a public apology and donate his pay from two shows.
    At Sunday's TV tapings in Baltimore both Briscoes were written off television.

Not sure if this is a work or not, but it seems like it could be legit. It will hurt ROH to some degree because Briscoe was the man there, but they were right to punish him for what he did.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My thought is if they knew they weren't going to renew the contract, why the hell didn't they get the title off of Jay before writing him off?

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's also strange they would release his brother who seemingly hasn't done anything wrong, unless he decided to leave and support his brother.

There is also talk they did it because they thought WWE was going to make both guys a contract offer, but if he's got issue with stuff like posting homophobic tweets I can't see Vince wanting to sing him up.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, WrestlingObserver.com is saying Jay and Mark being written out had nothing to do with the tweets apparently, so who knows?

As to your point about the WWE, now that Linda is no longer running for office, I could easily see Vince being willing to sign either Brisco.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I would think WWE would stay away from signing anyone who says they'd shoot someone for teaching their kids about marriage between same sex couples. Despite Linda no longer running for office, WWE is still PG and partners with GLAAD.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, WWE cares too much about its kid-friendly image now to sign up anyone risky. It would be a problem if they had to fire him or he ended up in court like Swagger is atm.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't know who the lady in that video is, but to quote Ron Simmons - "Damn!"

Rumour circulating that WWE have already decided that

CM Punk

will win the Royal Rumble in 2014 .
    Of course that may be revised if he is injured beforehand or someone else gets over.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Does this mean we have a prayer in hell of seeing Cena turn heel (preferable at MiTB, where Super Cena beats Henry, Punk wins MiTB and tries to cash it in only to have Brock and Heyman cost Punk the match and have Cena align with them) and have
    CM Punk{/spoiler] take the belt off of him in New Orleans? Because that would be fantastic!

Of course the Rumble's the one thing
    Punk
    hasn't won (which is really unfair seeing as Cena's won it twice), so if he is the 2014 Rumble Winner that would be great.

In much sadder news, The Original Doink the Clown has passed away.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Orton & Bryan apparently fined for illegal chairshots during their match on Raw

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I thought I posted that yesterday? :confused:

14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    That was a great match. Bryan has been on fire! Orton stepped it up. I did think at least one of those chair shots looked worse than most in WWE lately.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Bryan has been good.

However, HBK & Vince apparently had a meeting and discussed various superstars and it was rumoured Vince said he doesn't see money a certain start and that was DB. But HBK went on Twitter and denied they were talking about Bryan.

They may not have been talking about him, but viewer figures released for last Monday's Raw show that he was not really huge ratings draw despite being the focus of the show.

People might complain about Cena, but he gets viewers and WWE like that.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well that's kind of because Vince has shoved Cena down everybody's throat at the expense of building anybody else up (Except for Punk, who took a gamble with his career with that work shoot promo in 2011 and it paid off for him).

And this is one of those few times where I wish I was a Nielson household.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    But if Cena is the only one capable of getting solid ratings, he's obviously going to be pushed.

Bryan & Punk & others need to attract more viewers if they really want to be faces of this era, having people in an arena cheer you is not enough.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder if it's more like people watch for a little bit when something starts getting going and then just tune out because they know Vince is going to come in and eff it up.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    WWE needs to give people more time, older & more hardcore fans prefer guys like DB and Punk so they will tune in eventually if there are good feuds going.

I think the PG stuff does put off fans who were avid watchers in the Attitude Era, that and the lack of title credibility.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    All this in a nutshell. Fans will tune in for Punk because he's made himself hard to miss, but guys like Daniel Bryan and the Shield, most people might tune in when they see them, but otherwise not care, primarily because they know the McMahons either won't put the time and effort to push them long - term, or eff up whatever push their getting.

And yes, the PG era does put off a lot of fans. Unfortunately TNA isn't necessarily a good alternative.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    TNA has better wrestling in all divisions, alas it will get nowhere story-wise until it gets rid of fools like Hogan.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And his daughter.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  23. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
  24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Ricardo Rodriguez suspended by WWE for violating the Wellness Policy

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Filed under the "It's always the ones you don't expect to get popped department."

Also Paul Heyman's father passed away about 1am according to Wrestlingobserver.com after a long illness. Probably explains why they didn't pull the trigger on the breakup angle with him and Punk last night, seeing as if they knew the death was coming, then they probably also knew Heyman might be gone for a week or two to attend the funeral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.