main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Surprise of the night. /sarcasm.

They probably had Cena go on before MitB so that he didn't start a near riot like he almost caused back in December by winning Superstar of the Year at the Slammys.

2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well a ladder to the head via Heyman is one way to set up Brock/Punk for SummerSlam without having to pay Brock to do it.

You know I was half - kidding WWE when I said you might swerve everybody and have Orton win it.

3. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah it split Punk's head open pretty good too. It was a good match, not quite as good as the WHC one but it had a lot of nice spots. I hate that Orton won because I can't stand him and the thought of another Cena-Orton fued makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Except for Jericho vs Ryback all the matches were pretty good tonight. A couple of the endings could have been better but still not a bad show.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't watch the PPV, but Orton won? AWESOME

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Look at it this way: With all the Wellness violations Orton has, they probably won't risk giving him the belt.

6. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I don't understand having a 2 strikes guy win MitB in the first place.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah. I honestly did think with it being RVD's first show back that he was going to win.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    RVD has a short-term contract so that was unlikely

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well Cena did set the precedent last year that you don't necessarily have to win when you cash it in, nor wait nearly a full year.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    True, but if RVD isn't going to be around long it would be a waste giving it to him.
    Cena & Punk aside, MITB really should be given to guys who haven't been champion yet and need to get over more.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Speaking of which, how long do you think it takes Sandow to cash his in?

12. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I think the big winner last night was Cody Rhodes.

Yeah Sandow won the briefcase, but the match was about Rhodes doing all of the work and looking like a star. So the story becomes, what will he do now? It wouldn't surprise me at all if Sandow cashes in and loses his WHC match because of Rhodes. Or Rhodes challenges Sandow for the case at SummerSlam. Or Rhodes earns a WHC match down the road, does all the work again, and Sandow cashes in after that match.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Didn't get to watch the PPV, so I haven't seen the match, but I would love to see a Rhodes/Sandow match at SummerSlam, as that would probably be a great potentially show - stealing match (because I don't know how much of a great match Punk's going to get out of Brock, particularly since his knees still don't look totally 100%). However Cody has to keep the mustasche.

14. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well Sandow basically did very little in the match and stole the victory in terms of the storyline. Rhodes had some serious spots including a dropkick on Swagger/Cesaro, a muscle buster on Cesaro on a ladder and of course the end of the match was essentially Rhodes killing everyone (including the Shield) only to be pushed off the ladder by Sandow for the victory. It was the match of the night.

As for the rest of the show, it was pretty much average. The All-Star match was good and I have no problem with Orton winning. I am a little confused with Curtis Axel possibly feuding with Daniel Bryan now. I mean, does Bryan really deserve that?

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe he can get a better match out of Axle then the rest of his opponents have thus far?

..... Is that JR's voice I hear on RAW?

16. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, never mind on the JR thing. This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep, I start hallucinating the voices of former RAW announcers.

And yeah I saw a brief blurb on that on WrestlingObserver.com

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    announce tables just don't like Punk do they?

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes!Yes!Yes!

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Tara (WWE's Victoria) and Aces and 8s Doc have both been released by TNA.

And... Orton injured himself. Again. I guess it's a good thing that the MitB contract doesn't expire for a whole year.

21. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    This thread turned 12 years old last week! That's gotta be some kind of record.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From WrestlingObserver.com:

--Vince McMahon on Twitter today welcomed Ultimate Warrior back to the WWE. According to those who would know, there is no deal between Warrior and WWE that has been signed, and it's at this point only in reference to Warrior in the video game. But it was considered significant that Vince mentioned it. It is apparently a form of an olive branch from WWE to him to prelude opening talks of some kind of a deal.

Yep, more proof that Hell has frozen over.

23. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    Proof that Vince never learns. :p

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    WWE @Comic-Con