main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Is it just me or does Paul have the most evil stare ever in that picture I posted with him and Austin?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I know. Freaky. Almost as freaky as this.

[​IMG]

themandalorianinthefalcon: I think Heyman's face is permanently fixed in an evil position.

3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    He always looks that way.

And now that I'm remembering my favorite Punk matches I gotta say that Punk's last ROH match with Colt Cabana was the most emotional experience I've had at a pro wrestling match. The match wasn't perfect but it was a lot of fun and I'll never forget it.

themandalorianinthefalcon(you need a nickname:p ), if you haven't seen Money In the Bank 2011 Punk v Cena that's must-see. Also now that I'm thinking about Cena being booed out the building and if you would like to Cena play heel for a night check out Cena v RVD at a ECW ppv that I don't remember the date for.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He's been trying to get a name change in Comms, the mods haven't gotten back to him yet.

The RVD/Cena title match is at One Night Only 2006, I believe.

5. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I think the only thing weirder seeing our fav. wrestlers early in there wrestling careers is seeing them when they were young. Which we got to see some of them during the Summerslam promos. The only one that looks the same now as she did when she was younger probably wasnt that old of a picture was A.J. Lee's younger picture from that promo.

6. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Is that Davey Boy in that pic you just added?

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh wow, I didn't notice Davey Boy there. When I saw that pic on a radio interview Steve gave, they cropped the picture to really feature only Austin and the young Punk.

Edit: themandalorianinthefalcon: That's because AJ still looks like a little kid for the most part.

8. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I see. So anyone else gonna be watching Hardcore Justice Part 2 tonight I guess you should call it since its just furthering it from what Hardcore Justice we got last week with TNA? And does this mean with TNA broadcasting there PPVs for free that TNA is starved for ratings since they are doing things like this?

9. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't watched TNA since it was a weekly ppv

10. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I see well I watch it because it can feel like a change of pace watching different wrestling since WWE is the only thing around in terms of televised wrestling.

11. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I recommend watching classic and Japan matches on youtube. Much better than most of the wwe and tna garbage. Unless you're more into the soap opera than the matches.

I could spend all day telling you great matches.

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I like to say I am not a fan of just this organization or this one i like to say I am a fan of pro wrestling in general.

13. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    what are some of your fave matches?

14. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Hard to say there are so many good ones but I like most of the championship matches with Hiroshi Tanahashi from NJPW. Hard to not have on my list the matches with Steve Austin vs. The Rock. Enjoy matches with Randy Savage in them because when he was wrestling he was one of my fav. wrestlers and many more.

15. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Savage had my fave Andre match

16. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I actually watched the Randy Savage DVD that WWE did buy on netflix since netflix has alot of the wrestling documentaries. It was like the best matches of Randy Savage it was interesting to see the evolution of the Macho Man as he continued through his career. I honestly wish once WCW folded that he continued to wrestle.

I also saw the newest Mick Foley documentary on netflix as well.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My fave Savage match is the WM III one with Steamboat.

Frank T. likes this.
  18. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    It's not as good as his match with Steamboat at WM3 but I really like the Macho Man's match with the Ultimate Warrior at WM7. Really the only good match I remember the Warrior ever having. That's probably more of a testament to Savage's talent than anything else.

19. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Whats interesting is that was a retirement match and he came back anyways after being defeated by Ultimate Warrior. I wonder if in the long run they feel they should have gotten rid of Warrior instead of Savage since he would become a controversial superstar once he left WWF.

20. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Whats interesting is that was a retirement match and he came back anyways after being defeated by Ultimate Warrior. I wonder if in the long run they feel they should have gotten rid of Warrior instead of Savage since he would become a controversial superstar once he left WWF.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    A lot of it is due to Savage's talent. Also, I think you have to factor in the emotions of the match and the Elizabeth/Savage reunion that happened afterwards. It had that fairytale - esque "Happily ever After" feel to the reunion, even though we all know it eventually ended up being anything but.

Texas star Lawman Slatton passes away.

22. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    It is ironic that the Warrior won the retirement match but was gone from the WWF after Summerslam and Savage lost but never really left and was back wrestling by the end of the year.

23. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Lets be honest in WWE there is no such thing as retiring since well Mick Foley has done it many times and come back for that one more match. Shawn Michaels as come back in some form an Ric Flair has come back even though he was in TNA for a while and created a group I believe was called Fortune.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    But none of them are wrestling at the moment (and Foley's made it clear, he really is done in the ring; his body just can't go anymore)

25. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Speaking of Flair has anyone watched the matches of NXT with Charlotte his daughter? I watched her NXT debut match and I gotta say I was blown away by what she could do in the ring I mean that gymnastics background really helps her out in the ring.

26. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I think HBK and Foley are serious about being retired but Flair would probably wrestle in a high school gym for a case of beer tomorrow night if it were offered to him.

27. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I've seen an interview with her talking about why she wanted to join her dad and her brothers (for anybody that's wondering, Ric's elder son David quit the business a few years back), into the wrestling business, but I haven't seen any actual matches yet. I'll probably hunt around YouTube for them later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.