main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Wasn't David Flair in WCW at one point in time?

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Yes, Hogan whipped him with the belt at one of the pay per views, his father was very angry with Hogan (in real life, not storyline) for going to far with it.

3. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Seems like I remember some storyline involving David Flair and Stacy Keibler but I don't remember what exactly it was about.

4. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I don't know about storyline but they did date while they were in WCW together.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    They had a storyline at the time she claimed to be pregnant with David's baby. Turned out he wasn't the father and then of course he hooked up with crazy Daffney.

Edit: It's scary the **** I remember sometimes.

6. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Oh 90s wrestling will we ever get wrestling with similar quality. lol

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Some of it was good... some of it... yeah, if I ever see some of the latter again, it'll be too soon.

8. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I hope this isn't too impossible since what I wanna ask is 5 years old but is it at all possible for anyone to find me this image but without the added WWE graphics from the website:
    [​IMG]

I wanna be able to use it as a banner on another forum site or perhaps an avatar but the graphics on there sort of make it hard to do.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It wasn't just the matches, it was the storylines and booking. But in those days there were more main event level guys and the writers were better.

10. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
  11. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    check out tineye.com

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Frank T. You know whats interesting is they still have the article talking about that match when Edge won the title by beating Triple H and Vladimir Kozlov on wwe.com but i guess they have archived the photos or something since they link to that doesn't work.

13. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Also that didn't really help me it just linked me to the website where i found that particular image from.

14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    usually does the trick for me. I'll give it a try in a bit.

You're right. Didn't find anything else. That hasn't happened to me before

15. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Well technically I am not really looking for any results because I would be surprised to find a specific image from something thats 5 years old. I just really remember when Edge won in that match and I thought he looked awesome in that beard. Almost like Zakk Wylde is how i thought he looked.

16. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I don't know if anyone watches NXT but there was a 2 out of 3 falls match this week between Antonio Cesaro and Sami Zayn (used to wrestle as El Generico in ROH) that was really, really good. Much better than most matches on Raw and Smackdown in a given week.

17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Darth_Smeagol I watch NXT and you have to understand its there developmental territory televised so they don't have so much of the drama you see on Smackdown or Raw what you see is just pure wrestling. I mean they get in at least 4 matches within that just one hour. Basically what I am trying to say is its more wrestling less talking.

18. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    This was the first time I have watched it and I was really impressed with Sami Zayn. He seems like he's ready to be on the main roster.

19. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    You know before he was Sami Zayn he actually did wrestle under El Generico in NXT before they changed him into Sami Zayn. Thats why sometimes the crowd will say ole ole ole ole ole when he wrestles.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Little snippit of a Jim Cornette shoot interview. Language warning.

21. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So I just got done watching the WWE Documentary CM Punk: Best in the World and I gotta say probably one of the best documentaries about superstar I have seen. I feel like I have a new found respect for CM Punk. I just don't like how badly it seem WWE had mistreated him for a few years when it came to giving him the belt but not pushing him.The most funniest part of it was how when he beat John Cena at Money in the Bank when his contract was up and he was no resigning that he just ran through the Chicago crowd and went into his car and went home and put the belt in his fridge.

I have to ask does anyone have any videos of CM Punk Vs. Chris Hero in IWA or perhaps some of his best ROH matches?

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Awesome I also thought it was interesting how his I'm straight edge so im better then you that he did in WWE was a rehash of an old character he did in the indies. I also thought it was hilarious when Vince asked Punk we are gonna try to turn you heel but they werent sure if you can do it. And Punks like wheres the challenge? and Vince didn't understand his response. Which obviously means Vince never thought to look back at his time at the indies if he would have I feel he wouldn't have felt the need to ask and be not so sure about it. I also felt alot of the things Punk said was all Punk. It was interesting to realize when he shot the promo where he sat down on the ramp and just started to say his grievances as john cena was laid out in the ring was all that he was actually feeling.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    He is still part of WWE? I didn't realize he was still on the WWE roster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.