main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame to lose someone of his talent, but I can't say I'm that surprised. He's not been used well since the Legacy days

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Very much this.

3. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    He wasn't really used that much in a long time I mean he is a interesting up and comer that should have been used more as the future of WWE and not been made to be the new million dollar man to make it seem like he had to live up to his Dad. So in all honesty it was bound to happen that he would leave WWE at least for now.

4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    In ROH, Punk had only a couple months left and then he was going to WWE, he did a storyline that I think started with a title match against Austin Aries and led to some great stuff and matches. Some of the ideas he reused in WWE after The Promo. That and his Iron Man matches with Samoa Joe were my faves for his ROH years.

5. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I did get lots of insight into Punk which btw made me wish I was into CM Punk alot sooner then once he got into the new ECW. He really did take advantage of his new opportunities of entertaining the crowd like how he signed his WWE contract on the ROH title during a show. Do you feel Punk was expecting too much when he got to WWE or he should have been pushed better? Because from what I can tell he was giving great matches in the indies and it seemed like no one even saw them at least in the higher ups of the WWE.

6. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Also jw is the E reality show Total Divas helping or hurting the divas division in WWE?

And Los Matadores interesting tag team too bad they are just primo and epico aka Puerto Ricans not From Mexico or Spain just being repackaged as Hispanic stereotypes.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow. AJ's promo...

Darth_Smeagol likes this.
  8. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    So was that a face turn for AJ?

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey, the pipebomb promo worked for Punk.

10. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm really shocked that they let her crap all over something they promote non-stop like that.

Bryan should have taken a page from Austin's playbook and smashed the SUV instead of spray painting it.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    They probably intended it to make her sound like a bitter heel (the way they've protrayed heels like Jazz and Victoria in the past), but really, she took some lessons from Punk and spoke the truth.

I guess as far as Bryan and the Escalade, monster trucks and concrete aren't 'PG' enough.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Did Randy forgive HHH or something?

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Who knows?

14. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I think the crowd remembered Big Show's ironclad contract storyline but apparently the writers have forgotten it.

15. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I think it's time for a return of the 4 HORSEMEN. Punk, Bryan, Brock, and Ziggler. Heyman being the JJ. Easy money.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Never gonna happen, but that would be interesting as hell.

17. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    That should never be considered. Those are the four guys most opposed to being part of a group. Punk can certainley lead a group.

18. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    It's exactly why it should be considered. 4 guys who hate each other coming together. Which would be something different. Obviously as the group continued you could play the whole "we became brothers" card. And instead of Ziggler, have Axle, who has a lot more to benefit. It won't be done because no writer in the back would know how to handle it. However if Heyman and the guys in the group were allowed to work it, it could last a few years. Come on, you can't tell me the thought of those guys coming out to the Horsemen theme wouldn't excite you.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Great promo by AJ, though odd she would knock the other divas for not putting effort in or just getting to the top by who they were or they were involved with when her character spent the last year making out with every guy she could get hold of. Plus I would hardly call Natalya "plastic", she's a far better wrestler than AJ is.

I too thought about Big Show's contract when Shield were beating up Bryan, but from the looks Show gave HHH it seemed like he knew something bad would happen even it wasn't getting fired.

20. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Not at all. Who would be the leader? Is Punk gonna defer to Brock? Will Bryan want to help someone else be champ? That group wouldn't last 2 minutes. It would be pointless.

21. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Agreed. You need the 1 guy to be the main guuy and there's too much main there, unless 2 others are tag team champs.

That would at least restore some luster to the tag belts. But they're still too individual. Maybe 2 of them. But not Ziggler. I just can't buy him as champ with how he's been consistently booked so weak, even for a heel.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Teams like the Wyatts and Shield work because they really have one main guy (Bray Wyatt & Dean Ambrose) just as the Corre had Wade Barrett.

Other members can hold Tag Team titles or whatever, but not all should be main event level. Orton was the main eventer in Legacy, HHH was in Evolution.
    It just works better that way

23. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    If they would try to make the IC belt a high tier thing instead of a midcard cab ride, then a pretty legit guy in a stable could have that and it not look weird.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Dean Ambrose has the US Title and he's the main guy in the Shield.

25. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    While it gives them something to do isn't it weird that the SHIELD have now become the henchman of Triple H to deal with his problems?

And Daniel Bryan reminds me of a combination of alot of past WWE wrestlers one of them I wanna put as an example is I see a bit of Hulk Hogan in him because when he does that hulking thing up where he is getting pumped up on adrenaline.

Also like most have said you could see because of the fact there was so much focus on Big Show that there will be something in the future dealing with all this since he so badly wanted to intervene but couldn't for his job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.