main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    *headtilt*

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Wasn't there a stipulation in place for that match?

3. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I think the only stipulation was that there must be a winner.

Punk and Seth Rollins start the Rumble.

Frank T. likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And that it had to be pinfall or submission. Clearly the Wyatt interference is setting up Orton/Cena III at Elimination Chamber.

5. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    3. Sandow (eliminated by Punk)
    4. Cody Rhodes (Eliminated by Goldust)
    5. Kane (eliminated by Punk)
    6. Alexander Rusev (Eliminated)
    7. Jack Swagger (Eliminated by Nash)
    8. Kofi Kingston (Eliminated by Reigns)
    9. Jimmy Uso (Eliminated by Ambrose)
    10. Goldust (Eliminated by Reigns)
    11. Dean Ambrose
    12. Ziggler (Eliminated by Reigns)
    13. R-Truth (Eliminated by Ambrose)
    14. Kevin Nash (Eliminated by Reigns)
    15 Reigns
    16. Khali (Eliminated by Reigns)
    17. Sheamus

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Huh. Nash was kind of the one 'legend' I didn't actually count on making a Rumble apperance.

7. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    18. Miz (Eliminated by Harper)
    19. Fandango (Eliminated by El Torito)
    20. El Torito (Eliminated by Reigns)
    21. Antonio Cesaro (Eliminated by Reigns)
    22. Luke Harper (Eliminated by Reigns)
    23. Jay Uso(Eliminated by Harper)
    24. JBL (Eliminated by Reigns)
    25. ERick Rowan (Eliminated by Batista)
    26. Ryback (Eliminated by Batista)
    27. Alberto del Rio (Eliminated by Batista)
    28. Batista
    29. Big E Langston (Eliminated by Sheamus)
    30. Rey Mysterio Jr. (Eliminated by Rollins)

Rollins and Ambrose eliminated by Reigns.

Final Four:

Punk (Eliminated by Kane coming back)
    Sheamus (Eliminated by Reigns)
    Reigns (Eliminated by Batista)
    Batista wins.

Once Rey came out the crowd started booing pretty much non-stop. They were clearly expecting Daniel Bryan.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So only 2 legends (Mysterio doesn't count as I do think he still wants to go maybe not full time, but at least as much as he can for a little bit longer), which puts me as correct on one of my Bonanza guesses for this week and no Daniel Bryan (I'd have been pissed as well, but I would imagine the WWE is being careful not to have him get reconcussed at this point as having him potentially out for WM wouldn't be good with him at what's gotta be close to the peak of his popularity with the fans right now). I'm also guessing this sets up a Kane/Punk match for Elimination Chamber.

Wonder how Sheamus' return fits in with him being in the final four.

Not happy Punk didn't win, but if Batista does indeed have a 2 year deal, then I'm a bit more okay with him being in the WM title match slot than I was with Rock last year. And if the endgame is Punk/Triple H at Mania than it does make sense that the Authority costs Punk his shot at the title at 'Mania.

However, Daniel Bryan probably should have been in the Rumble, even if he was quickly eliminated by the Wyatts.

9. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Such horse@#$^. You have the most over guy since Stone Cold left out the Rumble, and you give the win to a guy who's been gone 4 years. I'd really love to understand WWE's thought process here.

Decent Rumble. Obviously Bryan vs Wyatt stole the show. I did enjoy the Lesnar match though. And let me tell you, that's a big dude I think needs the Title. He'd be more over as a heel champion now then during his first run. Lesnar has sold that Bad Ass Animal character. He's the only one on the roster who genuinly makes his character someone you don't want to mess with. Give him the belt, and let him play the unstoppable beast champion.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There were rumors when the 'Batista is returning' rumblings began that one 'Mania plan at one point was Brock vs Batista, and we've still got Elimination Chamber coming in a few short weeks...

11. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks for your updates Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Seconding the Thanks! Darth_Smeagol!

Darth_Smeagol likes this.
  13. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    So I am very disappointed that Bryan was left out of the Rumble I saw him winning it if he was in it. And Batista wins as everyone knows it was expected but I tried to look at the glass half full as if he wouldn't win because I didn't wanna go with predictable I wanted to go with the unexpected. Even if Bryan winning would be predictable its still more exciting then Batista winning because Bryan deserves it whereas Batista doesn't but he won because he fits the WWE mold of a champion.

14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    It's got to be all a work. Part of the plan. Just no way WWE didn't know this was the reaction this was going to have.

15. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    What was the crowd reaction at when Batista won the rumble?

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Honestly, I don't think the crowd would have turned on the Rumble if Bryan had simply been included in the Rumble. Maybe people wouldn't have liked the fact Batista won (I'm not totally happy with it either, but it's better than some other 'twist' endings my mind went with), but leaving Bryan out of the Rumble (even if you had the 'beaten by the Wyatts' as a logical excuse), was a very very bad misfire on WWE's part.

Edit: Kran Starborn: They booed. Actually they started booing when Rey was revealed to be #30, 'cause at that point the crowd realized Bryan wasn't going to even be in the Rumble and that pissed them off.

Edit2: Useless trivia time: Evidently Roman Reigns beat Kane's record for most eliminations by throwing 12 people out of the Rumble before being eliminated by Batista at the end.

17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I would be pissed off too if I paid so much to watch the rumble because I would expect Bryan to be apart of it. It may have been in Pittsburgh but I am sure lots of philly fans were there and they are very vocal wrestling fans I mean they are the home of ECW. I wonder with Orton retaining cuz of the Wyatts does that mean they have targeted Cena and he will now be in a feud with them. Makes me wonder who Bryan will go up against if his feud with Wyatts is over with. New storylines they will put into the works I am sure that is Brother Vs. Brother with Cody Vs. Goldust, CM Punk Vs. Triple H and Roman Reigns Vs. Dean Ambrose.

18. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    This was one of the worst Royal Rumbles I've ever seen.

19. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    What's weird is I really expected everything that happened tonight to happen but I was still disappointed when it did. I guess that's the difference between thinking something is going to happen and actually seeing it play out.

20. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I am glad I didn't shell out money to watch the Rumble. I think I will wait till the WWE Network comes out which comes out before Mania. I think its good how the Network works because if I hate a PPV I won't feel like I wasted $60 I will just be that I hated that PPV.

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Not good if Mick Foley hates the Royal Rumble.
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I saw that tweet on WrestlingObserver.com. I expect a record low rating for RAW tomorrow. From just looking at all the feedback on the various sites, I think a lot of people are just going to be too disgusted with what happened to even watch.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Double Post.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    WTF was all that? What a waste of one of WWE's top PPV events.

Kane's long-standing record is eclipsed (surprised it happened while Kane is still active and from someone who isn't a big super-heavyweight) and then overshadowed by Reigns losing to some boring ageing has-been only brought in because he is friends with HHH. Bryan not even included either and the crowd obviously hated it. I can't see Orton vs Batista being very good at Mania let alone getting support from the crowd. Dave looked tired doing his stint, he's clearly not in ring shape right now.

Are Vince & Co really so stubborn that they will not push Daniel Bryan as he deserves to be pushed just to make a point? The people want it, the guy is majorly over and will draw far better than Boretista

25. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    At the end of the day it was just bad booking. Concussion or not, they could have easly made Bryan number 30. Have him reck shop, and have the final 4 be Punk, Reigns, Batista, and Bryan. Then have it end with Orton coming down and costing Batista, and Bryan wins.

All I gots to say is that I hope Orton vs Batista isn't the Main Event now. The Mania crowd will kill that thing. This is the Road to Wrestlemania, where pure Wrestling crowds attend the show, and they aren't stupid. Last night being a good example. Have Lesnar vs Taker end the show.

WWE is finding themselves in a really embarrassing situation now....The YES chants are only going to get louder.

That being said, I will watch RAW just to see if they ignore all this stuff again.

26. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    In fact I don't expect Batista to stay face very long. Any momentum he had as a likable returning former champion was killed last night. Now he's gonna be looked at as the guy who's taking Bryans spot at Mania.

and I think Cena is on his way to just dieing off. Finally the guy to replace him has showed up, even if WWE doesn't want to believe it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.