main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Batista apparently flipped off fans as he left the arena last night, and was mocking Bryan "Yes!" chant with his middle fingers. He clearly didn't like the reaction the crowd gave him, but whether that means he was playing to being a heel I don't know.

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Apparently the big whigs in the back weren't happy with his reaction either.

Gonna be interesting to see what they do.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I doubt much will happen, given he's big buddies with HHH who seems to think he understands what people want (and he obviously doesn't).

Batista has always had an over-inflated opinion of himself, it's why he left the first time and why many fans don't like him. If he can't take fans hating on him he may as well leave and stay away. But he won't because he's got nothing better.

4. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    I realize that WWE can't listen to everything the fans want but just this once they should because Daniel Bryan makes money. For god sakes they could sell so much merch surrounded around him they could sell YES!! foam fingers and people would buy the **** out of that. I mean I heard the more interesting match of the Rumble was Bryan Vs. Wyatt and the rest was just so bad. Bryan is the most over wrestler in the WWE probably more over then the WWE itself a debatable opinion just what I think. How come WWE just doesn't see what us fans do that Bryan would sell that his matches are epic. I always feel that Bryan puts 110% in his matches putting into a good balance of quality wrestling with good entertainment which is a rare thing for any wrestler to do.

It seems Bryan talked about how the machine doesn't want him in the Rumble and how they can't ignore the yes chants on his twitter account:
    [​IMG]

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Two title belts was better than one. Everybody got what they wanted.

[​IMG]

I believe Vince would tank his own company than admit he was wrong.

Darth Raiden and Juliet316 like this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I was of that opinion in 2005 - 2007 (that Vince was tanking his own company), when it went through a similarly frustrating booking period.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  7. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Can we just wait till tonights Raw is over to see what they will be doing going into the Road to WrestleMania to see if they are continuing bad booking?

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nope. Once they start on the Bad Booking Mania Road (like with Last year with Rock/Cena II and in 2003 with that sorry excuse for a Booker/Triple H 'feud'), they never ever go off it and nobody will watch RAW and RAW will get a bad rating and WWE will blame Bryan for it.

Sorry, I'm just in one of those pessimistic, cynical ***** moods about the WWE today.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  9. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    If WWE blames Bryan for not watching Raw its the WWE's fault more so for not including there most over superstar in WWE. I mean if Bryan was at least in the Rumble I don't think people would be quite as upset at the Rumble as they are.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He didn't have to win, but at least be in it.
    Plus the winner was stupid, why should a 44 year old part-time guy who has already won the event be included? The Rock didn't get made Rumble winner, the idea surely should be to use it to elevate someone or have a fresh winner.

Kran Starborn likes this.
  11. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Not watching Raw since at work on the computers in between shifts but looking up the live updates on bleacher report. Interesting way to start Raw to end raw with another 6-man tag match with the shield again. Haven't we seen this like many times over the last year of the main event being 6-man tag matches?

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Batista needs a new entrance and a new song.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    What he needs is to go home and not come back.

Why are the Outlaws Tag Team Champions? They're like 50 years old. HHH coming in was not supposed to mean going back to a bunch of oldies like TNA, move forward to the future. Rhodes is the future, and he has his veteran brother to help him out. Just like Daniel Bryan had Kane to be his partner, that's how you use old experienced guys.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Congrats to Jake the Snake Roberts on his upcoming HOF induction.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

I agree with this

Plus, they have to stop bringing back old guys.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

The Rock didn't, no, but Cena did in order to face the Rock and take the belt. The outcome was pretty much a given for over a year.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    You guys forget what year this is 30 years of WrestleMania and 50 years of WWE so don't feel too surprised at older guys coming back into the limelight.

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The New Age Outlaws and Kevin Nash make sense in that regard. Batista was planning to come back before then.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    There's nothing wrong with old guys being around, but they shouldn't be competing or holding titles.
    It's great to see guys like Hogan around or Jake The Snake at Old School Raw, but they only need to appear for the nostalgia.

Who are the Outlaws putting over by holding the Tag Titles? The Usos could have won it from Cody & Goldust.

20. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    CM Punk allegedly told Vince backstage at RAW Monday night he was going home and left the arena before the show started. He has since been pulled from all future appearances. A work or is he taking some time off? Or better yet, not resigning with WWE? He might be better off in TNA at this point the way nearly everyone on the WWE roster is being mishandled lately.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    As someone who grew up with the WWE (I stopped watching on a regular basis around '05-'06), Sunday's Royal Rumble (save for the opening Wyatt/Bryan match) was such a lackluster disappointment. Even based off my limited knowledge of current happenings, even I knew Daniel Bryan ought to have either won the Rumble or at least been placed in it. I really hope that WrestleMania 30 doesn't end up being another disappointment.

CM Punk allegedly told Vince backstage at RAW Monday night he was going home and left the arena before the show started. He has since been pulled from all future appearances. A work or is he taking some time off? Or better yet, not resigning with WWE? He might be better off in TNA at this point the way nearly everyone on the WWE roster is being mishandled lately.

Not everything ends up being a work. :p Why would he go to TNA, though? Aren't they having serious stability issues as well, more so than the WWE infact?

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    So pissed at this news. WWE is pretty much WCW now. Keeping the young guys down, and giving the old guys everything.

23. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Double post

24. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Blown a way a bit that CM Punk may have walked out on WWE but I wouldn't be surprised I feel the CM Punk we see on camera is a bit how he really is in person. And my point in saying that is he knows when bull**** is happening and I feel like CM Punk is a person not to tolerate bull****.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Plus he hasn't really made it a secret that he hated his time in TNA and wouldn't infact go back. If he was to go anywhere, it'd likely be either Japan or back to ROH at this point (and ROH would welcome him back with open arms).

DarthTunick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.