main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    They are in Chicago March 3rd (just checked the WWE website).

If I was WWE, and I couldn't get Punk back by then, I'd seriously considering cancelling and moving RAW to a double taping with Smackdown in Detroit (which is where Smackdown is taping the next night). Because if March. 3 rolls around and hometown boy Punk's not there.....

2. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Wow! I wasn't even thinking about the Punk/Chicago angle when I said that. OMG that would/will be a disaster! I wish it was coming up sooner. I really don't think he will be back by that point, I don't think for a long while, so that is going to be on hell of sight.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Honestly, I didn't think a Chicago trip was coming up that soon. Yeah, that is going to be just such a horrific night if Punk doesn't come back. They may just be better off cancelling that RAW now and just doing an advance double taping in Detroit to save them some headaches.

4. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Makes sense, but of course McMahon would never do that. They don't even stop shows when someone on the roster dies. They are gonna need a a longer tv delay than usual, and gonna have to rig the audio to turn down the crowd as much as possible. Or Vince could roll in with his giant grapefruits and not change a thing. lmao

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The latter is probably what Vince will do. Like I said on Twitter, WWE is probably going to have a riot on their hands on March 3rd. I'm sure the Chicago PD are going to be so thankful for the extra work.

6. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Stone Cold talking about the Punk situation.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I saw that last night (like I was really going to miss Austin on Arsenio), definitely some interesting comments from the Rattlesnake.

8. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I didn't know Arsenio was a thing again. They need to give Steve something to do on the new Network, he can make anything entertaining.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hopefully he will.

In the meantime his podcasts are pretty damn good.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From WrestlingObserver.com:

--An on-line petition signed by wrestling fans demanding Daniel Bryan get a WWE title match at WrestleMania that was started on the White House's web site was taken down. It was in a section on the site allowing Americans to contact the Obama Administration to take action on important issues in the country. Evidently they didn't not feel a WWE title match at WrestleMania was an important national issue Nearly 100,000 people had signed the petition.

ETA: WWE is also going to be doing RAW 3/8 at MSG. Get your popcorn ready.

11. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I like the outrage, but that is just dumb.

There is a March Smackdown here in Houston, but it is Smackdown, therefore it doesn't matter. lol If it was a Raw I would go do my part for the Yes Movement.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, the outrage is good, but I was *facepalming* on the WH petition (though I can't say I'm surprised given all the manner of petitions I've seen up there - including one asking for the impeachment of the president [these people apparently didn't realize what site they were on])

13. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Half watching Smackdown right now, man I've always loved Christian. I wish they used him better after him and Edge split, he never did much until he got the push when Edge retired.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Good Grief, Roman Reigns nearly broke Mysterio in half spearing up as Rey was running for a 619

15. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    WWE is going to milk the Daniel Bryan popularity for all it is worth by not giving him the title, for a while; feeding off all the fan hatred. WWE is setting Bryan up for one of the best ever and hall of famer.

16. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    You are certainly an optimist. lol

17. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    No, not an optimist. I don't even really like Daniel Bryan's Gimmick, the WWE is always capitalizing on lighting in a bottle and have gotten better at making them superstars.

18. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't see that. If WWE wanted to capitalize on Bryan, he would of won the Rumble, it is easily the best story WWE could make. This Bryan thing isn't new, it has been going on for almost a year, if they were gonna strike while the iron is hot, they already would of done it. I do believe Bryan will eventually get his title, but it will never be the moment it could of become, and it will probably a token gesture he loses a couple months later.

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  19. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    You are just thinking from month to month, or PVP to PVP, which is what the WWE wants you to do. When I say milking it I mean Milking it, or until the fans are just ready to give up on Bryan. That is how the industry works, they are always planning for the future which is not months but usually years. Look at it this way. Daniel Bryan is not going to become the next 1.2.3. Kidd "X Pac", but more like the next Brett Hart.

AstroFan428 likes this.
  20. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    If that is their plan, they are doing it too well. People are seemingly ready to give up on the WWE altogether. Hell, "superstars" are giving up and going home. lol

21. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    WWE is trying to cash in on the next Hulkamina, Stone Cold, NWO, moments. I know the NWO was WCW but the moment was Awesome. I think they got a chance with Daniel Bryan to do this.

22. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Remember how Stone Cold's moments included winning the Rumble and going on to Mania? There is a reason. In my opinion, at this time, WWE didn't/still doesn't understand what they have on their hands, or what their consumers(not fans) want. They didn't think Bryan was worthy of the Rumble and carrying the show into Mania, so they had to go sign a D-level movie star and guarantee him a spot. They also didn't think Punk was worthy of that, which is Punk's ultimate goal, so he just said F' it.

23. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Like I said, I think that is what the WWE wants you to think. The WWE does care what the fans want, they will just not give it immediately. I think it comes down to further character development. I hope that CM Punk's status is just a farce and Batistia is just a plan to throw us off track. I did say HOPE because I would not want the Batista storyline to play out for months. CM Punk on the other hand is another one that I think will make legendary status regardless of what happens.

24. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I do think that maybe Bryan not winning the Royal was part of their plan... however, I think they seriously miscalculated how badly everybody would react to him not being in the Rumble at all(especially given that Pittsburg was so close to ROH territory), and from everything I read thus far, Punk's walking out definitely isn't a work, and I think part of the fallout of 'working the boys (a Nash/Kliq term)', and not having Bryan in the Rumble/Batista winning it.

If I were WWE I'd have Bryan win the title at Elimination Chamber and turn Batista heel the next night (how that goes over with Marvel with GotG promotion coming up, remains to be seen, but hey, plenty of Superstars have gone heel and promoted outside interests before). That's the only way IMO to salvage things at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.