main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Nope, they did the top rope RKO they did a million times a couple years ago when they feuded.

2. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    AstroFan428 What does it mean exactly for there developmental territory to have a PPV? I love it since NXT is more enjoyable to watch right now and I hope the coming of Rusev and Lana to the main roster goes well.

3. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    It's not a traditional PPV, it seems like a special live event to celebrate the launch of the network. I'm just excited they are having a NXT title ladder match, I am a sucker for ladder matches.

Kran Starborn likes this.
  4. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    PUSH for Cesaro!!!!

5. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Cesaro is so awesome on NXT did you see his match with Regal?

6. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Forgot about this ordeal!

7. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Forgot about this ordeal!

8. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
  9. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Last chance for WWE to make the Chamber exciting. I really don't think there is anything they can do to make me order it, I'll just save the $ for the Network, but I'll find the Wyatt/Shield match after. All that said, I am excited for next weeks raw since they will want to do something special to pimp the Network and
    the Undertaker should be showing up.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Rumor has it Bearer's going into the HOF posthumously this year, and if 'Taker shows up next week, that's where I expect them to make that particular annoucement.

11. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I would like to see Bearer go in. Another rumorerd HOF is Scott Hall, which is kinda "meh" to me.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I was a bit 'ugh' too when I heard about that. It's like, nothing against him, especially if he's truly clean and healthy now, but aside from participating in the first WWF ladder match with HBK, he's not that memorable as a wrestler in and of itself. It'd make much more sense if he was inducted as part of the Original nWo (Hogan, Nash, Hall), but with Vince and Hogan currently having some heat with each other, that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

Another rumored name is Mr. T, which as somebody who was a part of that original Mr.T/A-Team/Hulkamania generation, I am excited for. Certainly makes much more sense than Donald ******** Trump.

13. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Mr. T would be cool, they have had 1 celebrity intro each of the last few years I think. And Mr. T definitely did more than Drew Carey ever did. lol

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh this. So very very much this.

In other news, it looks like Dish TV is carrying through on it's threat to not show WWE PPVs because of the WWE Network situation. Apparently some who called to inquire about ordering Elimination Chamber were told that Dish TV was not carrying the PPV.

15. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    That is very interesting because it was actually DirectTV that said they might not carry it, so for Dish to do it without saying is very surprising. I had issues with Comcast when I tried to watch the Rumble, they didn't have an HD version so I ended up watching on my Xbox(which is $10 cheaper so I should have been doing the whole time). So maybe these companies are trying to make a statement. I just don't get it, they are still throwing away money like Vince said.

16. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Ugh! Cesaro looks great on Smackdown, so now he gets fed to Cena. :\

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And Kane absolutely destroys Bryan. UGH why am I watching this stupid show again? Oh yeah because I'm a masochist.

18. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Pretty much. lol

As a Kane fan since I started watching wrestling, his new shtick sucks.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    In a way it's a parallel to the American Bad - Ass Undertaker gimmick that was done during the latter half of the Attitude era, I.E. taking chunk of the RL person (in this case Kane) and instilling it in the character to make almost a completely different character than what came before.

20. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Good point, in that case I hate a chunk of Kane's personality. lmao

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    It is still stupid that Cena won, and him trying to out do Cesaro's moves with that awful AA setup, but that match was great. Cesaro is insanely strong.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah it was, and they won the crowd over. I hate to say it, but when he's not wrestling his usual suspects, Cena's been having very good matches as of late (Rollins, Reigns, tonight Cesaro). One would think Cena was feeling threatened and felt he had to up his game, so to speak. ;-)

Orton vs Sheamus on the other hand.... Well I think the fact that the crowd broke out in CM Punk chants at the beginning of the match said it all.

$##(*$#$(*$(%$!

AstroFan428 likes this.
  23. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    The ending was cool, except for everyone fighting random people, it was weird. lol

I still have no interest in the PPV. They are putting too much spotlight on Batista/Orton and Bryan/Kane(HHH) for me to think anything good happens, I would like to be wrong though. I also hated Cena coming out and talking crap about beating Orton, but then when Cesaro tried to do the same thing, suddenly it was "oh Orton is just on a losing streak, it's not you."

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From Tommy Dreamer's Twitter account(verified account):

Tommy Dreamer@THETOMMYDREAMERnow
    I am shocked & so sad. Mabel, Viscera, Big Daddy V (Nelson Frazier) passed away. He was a good friend. He just celebrated his 43Bday

:(

25. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Man, that sucks to hear. :(

26. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.