main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know if it's because Warrior seemed to look like he was in a decent amount of physical health or if it's just because he was on RAW last night, but, I think this is the most shocked and surprised I've been about a wrestling death ever.

2. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I know. He seemed fine last night.

3. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    that's crazy. he was just at Wrestlemania. This can't be a natural death.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sudden heart attack? Warrior was in that age range.

5. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    That's very sad

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    According to TMZ (seen via other sources), he apparently collapsed outside his hotel while heading with his wife to a car. So that not a suicide, more likely sudden cardiac arrest.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    This past week must have been too much on a weakened heart.

8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  9. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Wow. Man. Horrible news. Shocking.

As sad as this is all I can think about right now is how fitting this is. Not saying his death is great at this time. Just that he dies making peace with wwe, Vince, and was able to make sure his legacy will live on.

Feel really bad for his 2 girls.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Showing my age, I first saw him when he was in a tag team with Sting called the Blade Runners, and he went by the name of Rock. This was back in a short run wrestling group called the Universal Wrestling Federation. Guess it was their version of the Road Warriors.
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Cocaine, steroids, stress and a lifetime of bitter anger are clearly not good for you.

He was not the nicest guy in the world, he was a complete **** in fact, but this is still very sad.

13. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Sad news an very weird. One of the news stories said he did his own eulogy on raw the day before he died.
    On a lighter note, Anyone Remember WCW slam jam volume 1 (there was no volume 2)
    Don't step to ron!

This may be the most hilarious them ever with the exception of the American Males theme.

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Other reports say that people noticed that he wasn't looking good and seemed to have tired himself out when he was in the ring, after shaking the ring ropes. Kevin Nash said on Twitter that he was glad to have gotten a chance to give him a hug, Saturday night. And Jake Roberts said he was glad to bury the hatchet with him as well.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Terrible news about Warrior & so soon after Mania. I wasn't a big fan but his impact on the business in undeniable.

16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I think Vince will be rubbing his hands since this coincides with the Warrior DVD hitting the shelves... I wonder if 'The Self Destruction...' will ever see the light of day again..?

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    The main thing, The ULTIMATE thing, is that his legacy is now sealed.

Warrior had 3 glorious days where he healed old wounds, and I think he proved without a shadow of doubt that the little warriors never forgot him. Nor will they ever forget.

18. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    What makes me sad is people like Sylvester Stallone defending steroid use when it clearly shortens your life span and deterriorates your body in the long term:

"Testosterone to me is so important for a sense of well-being when you get older. Everyone over 40 years old would be wise to investigate it because it increases the quality of your life. Mark my words. In 10 years, it will be over the counter." - Sylvester Stallone in TIME magazine interview

Then you have several athlets in baseball and football that have had their careers shortened with steroid use and the dozens of early deaths in wrestling as well.

HGH is every bit as dangerous as Cocaine or Heroine and should be illegal.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It's not just steroid use. It's the horrible toll being a pro wrestler takes on the body. Yes it's "fake". But as Hogan himself once said "It's as physical as it looks". No you do not flat out punch someone in the face as hard as you can. Slams, of all sorts from the body slam to the suplex to jumping and missing the hit to smashing into things, it all hurts no matter how you take the fall. Also, lots f wrestlers start taking pain killers as their job goes on. Why do it? A lot of money and fame and such. Combine that with steroids and it certainly will take away from your longevity.

20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah just having that much muscle mass in the first place isn't good for your heart, and 'blowing up' to the point where you can only hear your heart beating isn't healthy at all. I can imagine it becoming addictive without steroids, analgesics and amphetamines even figuring in the equation - at least at first.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Stallone might not be that wrong about some kind of strength and muscle enhancer becoming over the counter at some point. The problem is in the side effects. Folks who take PEDs take a cocktail of stuff that helps to try and curve the side effects. If such things could be just as safe as anything sold in GNC then of course it'll go over the counter. I am not sure about the 10 years part though. Perhaps 20.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This. Look at somebody like Mick Foley, who, while I sincerely doubt ever took steroids, still took a terrible amount of damage on his body, to the point where he could barely even walk. This isn't the movies where you can just have a stunt double do all the falls and punches for you.

Darth Raiden and VadersLaMent like this.
  23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In Warrior's case, it was a combination of both steroids and if what I understand is true, illegal drugs like cocaine. Even being clean for so many years, the damage is done. Eddie Guerrero died of heart failure and if I recall, he had an enlarged heart due to the damage done over the years.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That stuff always comes back to bite you even if you haven't had it for a long time.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    For those who get the Network: WWE is going to air a special dedicated to Warrior at 8PM EDT. It'll include his HOF speech his last ever public appearance on this Monday's RAW and his WM VI Match with Hogan in it's entirety. (Courtesy WrestlingObserver.com)

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.