main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I just love the constant post delay that causes me to post soemthing twice because I get sick of waiting.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Interesting. One wonders what Sting's role will be, especially with 'Taker's streak gone.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure how much he will compete, I mean the guy is older than Undertaker (in fact he's older than Ultimate Warrior).
    It's likely just so they can get him in the HOF and say he actually did compete in WWE.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

The thing here is that it while Warrior was shocking, it isn't the same as when Owen died and everyone was really in shock the night it happened and the following night. Nor is it like what happened with Benoit.

5. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    They could still to the legend vs legend match. Takers matches are set up before hand anyway, so I'm sure they could make it look good. We can give the flub this year to the concussion and neck issue.

and like the article says he pretty much has a ready made role just because of the network. He's the last true WCW wrestler, so his point of view on events and matches could set him up for years. And I'm sure he'll get his one more match(possible with Taker) and have a small on screen role. They'll definitly want to milk him, and make sure they do this and that just so WWE can say Sting did this and that in WWE.

Either way he's got some easy money coming his way. Not counting what he'll probably get from merchandise alone. You know people are going to be buying the mask like crazy again.

darth-sinister likes this.
  7. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I think the WWE stock falling is due to "watchers ..FANS" not responding to the major changes the WWE have made!
    Change one.....CM Punk quitting!

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey Vin, there's an MMA thread here.

Weren't you one of those that said Punk quitting was a work?

9. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I only remember Guerrero and Benoit(wasn't watching yet when Owen died) which took over the entire show, and Benoit's turned into a highlight show. Was Benoit the last one? Since it backfired sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly?

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Owen's took over the entire show too. If you ever catch a glimpse of it on YouTube, you can tell the wrestlers were still shaken up and really weren't into performing that night.

Benoit's was the last one. Ironically THAT was the show that was supposed to be the 3 hour 'tribute' to Vince's fake death via his limo blowing up.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Whoops! Didn't realize they got separated.

12. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Yes, I still think it is a work, because Punk saw the scripts our the future plans of the what we now know and decided to either walk out due to the changes or the WWE planned a return due to popularity. Planning by the WWE is my vote and that is why I think it is a work.

Change 2... Undertaker losing

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah... I still don't think it's a work. I think he's geniunely done with wrestling.

As for Change 2... That's not necessarily a change for the better (I mean, we'll see how things shake out with Brock from here, but... Yeah... I was one of those who thought 'Taker wouold retire with the Streak).

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  14. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Change 3... D Bryan ... Is it really best for business? Well, it must be if the WWE lets the Taker lose his streak. I thought they were banking on the streak making it overwhelm the title. I would have preferred it being the standard and that why I think the WWE dropped the ball; but I am a fan from the 80's and things have to change to benefit the corporation!

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    To be quiet honest, that's another reason why I think the Streak should have been kept intact this year. Let Bryan have his moment to shine alone. The Streak did kind of overwhelm his win to an extent (not to a damaging extent, IMO, but it did take the maximum impact out of Bryan's win).

And I do think it is thus far. Look at all the storyline we're getting out of it thus far. The Authority is reeling from the exact thing they didn't want happening occuring, Batista and Orton aren't exactly on the same page (even if they're trying to look like it so that they can stab the other in the back to get a title shot at Bryan), we've got the Shield now firmly babyfaces, thanks to Kane letting it slip that Hunter ordered the attack on them, and thus Bryan now has legit allies in his battle against the Authority, thus no longer making it a one man against many battle. This is WWE and they can always 'F' things up, but this is the first time in awhile that I watched RAW and SMACKDOWN this week and was geniunely curious and excited about what might happen next. Quite frankly I haven't had that feeling since Punk dropped the title to Rock.

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  16. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    I am also excited about the next raws and smackdowns..... which I haven't been for a long time #best for business !
    Change...4... Hogan!

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty sure Hogan's not back long term though.

18. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Money! Money! But I don't know with the Hogan, he is the Brand to a certain extent..

Change 5... WWE Network! Yes I got it for Wrestemania.

19. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Change 6... which might be the Warrior death... better capitalize on it!!

20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Britain only has one world champion again. :/

On the other hand, at least Norfolk only has one world champion wrestler again...

Sorry if this is old news but we get Impact 3 days late.

Shame Magnus lost (but E.Y. deserves it). It's a bigger shame that Magnus never got a clean win as champ. He's always been more suited to being the heel, but having every match interfered with or ending with a count-out/DQ was a bit silly - especially considering how his ability had been so built up over the last couple of years (leading in tournaments, Main Event Mafia and al that).

21. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    The Network is amazing. It launched at the peak of WWE really ****ing everything up which soured some people(me), but everyday they add content aside from just being a PPV archive(the Bryan special is really good).

Also Mania didn't crash the whole thing, which was the ultimate fear.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah... I'm cautiously optimistic, but the last several months of WWE dropping the ball, culminating in that failtastic Royal Rumble and following it up with Elimination Chamber, doesn't exactly inspire 100% confidence yet.

23. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    With a little unwanted help from CM Punk(who I completely believe is GONE) they backed into a terrific story and Mania with Daniel Bryan. Although they do seem to be doubling down on the youth movement as if to say "you want it, you got it." The Cesaro push and aborted Shield breakup into face turn seem to go along with the change of course Bryan got. It's nice to be genuinely excited about WWE, but it's still scary since they could pull the rug out like they do so often.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On the one hand, yeah, it's scary to think about how they could collossally 'F' this whole thing up. On the other hand. I'm hoping they're now starting to realize that they really do need to seriously get behind a brand - new generation of superstars and the fans seem to be solidly behind Bryan, The Shield, etc.,. Hopefully this continues, but yeah, been down this road before and it's always ended up with an oncoming train.

25. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    They've announced that starting on Raw there is going to be a tournament to determine the #1 contender for the Intercontinental title. No idea who or how many people are going to be in it yet but it might be a good first start to making the title mean something again.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  26. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    In order to make the IC belt mean something you have to have a champion who doesn't lose every single non-title match, and you also should have it defended on a regular basis on TV and PPV.

Also wouldn't hurt for a fued to be built around the belt that can lead to a big match.

Simple, logical, concept that if you were to bring these ideas to the creative team, they would call you stupid and oldfashioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.