main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    IIRC it was more like several others around the time Jarrett (who's contract was up) left, including Terry Taylor just up and quitting/or were fired and then going to WCW and ECW. It was intially a one - year no compete clause if you left/fired before your contract was up. I think by the time of the Matt/Edge/Lita scandal were Matt was 'fired' it was reduced to three months. And those who ride out there contracts could sign and compete anywhere they wanted to the moment their contracts were up. Like Christian who signed with TNA (but stayed through the Cyber Sunday PPV in 2006 incase WWE needed him)

The issue with Jarrett around that time was that his contract was up the night of the PPV (which I'm blanking on at the moment) where he was supposed to drop the IC title to Chyna and Jarrett refused to extend his contract and drop the belt unless he got a boatload of money to do it. Vince gave him the money, but there's bitter feelings on both sides of that ledger, which is what led to the infamous moment the night WWF bought WCW and Vince more or less fired a WCW employed Jeff Jarrett live on RAW.

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Ah. Didn't know the whole Christian thing.

Still, I'm not hopeful Punk would be there, but if he was, the demand for national coverage of ROH would skyrocket and they'd be on a fast track for the new #2 company

3. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003

My only thought is about Matt Hardy's f'ing shirt. Really dude?

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes, it would.

5. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Well that's the first time anyone has thought about Matt Hardy in a while

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    To those who get the Network, is the Warrior documentary really that good?

7. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I teared up a little.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    WWE is reporting that Daniel Bryan's father died. Bryan's still apparently planning to appear on RAW.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That would explain why they wrote him out as they did.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, it would.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    He'll presumably be back for the PPV so WWE can ruin Kane's revival again.

12. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I liked what they did with Kane and writing Bryan out the way they did was probably better than what they originally planned for Raw. Side note, I have always liked how Kane does the Tombstone, instead of raising up on his toes he just drops really fast. It looks more brutal than Undertaker's in my opinion.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Kane's supposed to be the more brutal 'brother' so that's probably the intent.

Supposedly Stephanie's going to be at RAW next week to 'apologize' for what happened to Bryan at RAW this week.

14. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Stephanie was a disappointment Monday, ever since her and HHH went from trying to play tweeners to being straight up cartoon villains leading to Mania she had been sooooooooo good. The whole insincere thing Monday was just bleh.

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder if the fact that they did this at the 8pm hour rather than the 10pm slot played a factor in it, because they tend to really be a stickler for being PG in the 8pm hour by and large (with few exceptions), and Brie was with Bryan when Kane popped up and I know they tend to try and avoid showcasing male on woman violence against women, especially in that hour since they went to PG. If the gloves were off Stephanie completely, she wouldn't care about Bryan OR Brie's welfare as it concerned Kane hunting them down. IDK, maybe in this case with them doing the injury angle so early in the show, it was a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation as far as Steph fully playing the heel role?

AstroFan428 likes this.
  17. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    That makes sense, and they really did need to do it first thing to let Bryan leave, he was very emotional when he came out.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Agreed, and it probably explains why Brie was out there with him, as to lend him some support to get through the promo part until they got to Kane's attack.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It can keep Bryan out for a couple of weeks, the important part then is how Kane is booked. He needs to go on a rampage and destroy everybody he comes across like in the old days.
    Only problem with that of course is when he finally gets around to facing Bryan he'll lose anyway, which doesn't make him look that tough.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    No more Bad Influence, no more Curryman, and a lot less fun in TNA. :/

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Pretty safe to say that Sting has signed on. WWE.com has a "What if," Taker vs Sting vid up, plus a few articles already on the Stinger. Not counting the DVD/BR that is now in production.

24. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    TNA may be done on Spike TV in October.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Depends on where WWE's TV shows go. Whether they stay with USA/SyFy or go elsewhere or if Vince decides to just stick them on the Network full time.

Speaking of RAW: Tag Title match Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.