main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    *Double Post*

2. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    The tag titles have gone back to being worthless since they randomly decided to bury the Rhodes brothers. Rybaxel isn't going to fix that.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, truthfully, I don't see a title change, until they decide to put the titles on the Wyatts TBH.

4. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Are the Wyatt's going to turn Cena to a heel?

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I like the Usos. But they struggle for competition

6. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    The Tag Team Ranks need way more recognition ...the USO's can do it if the WWE lets them.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Cena's not turning heel as long as he's the WWE's biggest money maker.

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  8. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
    Yhea and I still think Punk is a work! But I could be losing my wrestling inelegance. I think the WWE wants to shake things up and try to find a NWO moment .

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Punk is fed up and burnt out, he might come back some time but I wager he's gone for at least a year. And even then he might not back to WWE, and they might not want him back seeing how he disrespected them.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Depends on who's in charge then. If Vince is still overall in charge, I think something could be done to pave the way for Punk's return, as he did make them money when he once he got hot following The Promo (and Vince was apparently the one to intervene the last time Punk wanted to quit around 'Mania last year). If Hunter and Steph are completely in control? Forget it. Hunter won't allow it. In his mind Punk will be his Rick Rude.

11. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I believe we will get info on Punk in July when his contract is up, but I truly believe he is gone for a long time if not forever. Punk actually favorited a post on his twitter account recently, first activity since January.

12. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    Who will hold each belt one year from now?

WWE Championship: Daniel Bryan
    WWE Intercontinental Championship: Alexander Rusev
    WWE US Championship Bo Dallas
    WWE Tag Team Championship The Wyatt Family
    WWE Divas Championship Summer Rae

13. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    WWE WHChampionship: Cesaro
    WWE Intercontinental Championship: Damien Sandow
    WWE US Championship: Sami Zayn
    WWE Tag Team Championship: Ambrose & Rollins
    WWE Divas Championship: AJ Lee

Wishful thinking on my part. Its more likely it will be:

WWE WHChampionship: John Cena
    WWE Intercontinental Championship: Kane
    WWE US Championship: Big Show
    WWE Tag Team Championship: Khali and Hornswaggle
    WWE Divas Championship: Natalya

Frank T. likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Double Post

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's too soon to have them be exclusively on the network. Five to ten years, sure.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sandow in a Magneto costume. A felt Magneto costume. *headdesk*

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It would have been more effective if the kids had come out with the sheep masks on to begin with. You can really tell they weren't entirely in sync with each other.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    Eddie and Vickie's daughter getting cut is a surprise but none of them are any great loss.

21. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    TNA Sacrifice review:

I'm glad the UK gets this for free. It wasn't terrible, but it was just a wrestling show... You see all of these people for free every week, and to be perfectly honest the quality of Impact matches is usually better than this.

Nice to see Magnus wrestling a (mostly) clean match again, but a shame he lost to EY... ...Again. This was one of the best wrestled matches of the night but the crowd weren't very noisy... This EY=DB metaplot TNA is doing is weird and the fans don't seem to care for it. Drop it and give the belt back to Magnus and let EY concentrate on the (actually quite interesting) feud with Abyss. A feud between Magnus and Bully Ray for the championship would be excellent - both can talk, both can wrestle...

Oh and unless Dixie is prepared to wrestle a tables match, please drop this Bully Ray vendetta BS... Who's writing this, Russo?

Put Roode and Bully Ray in a ring and you get a good match. This happened.

The X Division match was high standard - a few botches but they worked them into the story. Tigre and Sanada can work and I hope TNA manages to keep hold of them for a while.

Rockstar Spud is the best TNA acquisition of recent years. As the commentators pointed out though, his gimmick is a mess... He's playing it as Spud, not Rockstar Spud. EC3 is possibly TNA's best original character (even considering the uselessness of Dixie Carter as an actor). I'd have thought Vince would snap him up for WWE. He fouled up his promos tonight though.

Kurt Angle always delivers (I still think he looks much thinner all of a sudden), but this Willow mess... It brings everything down. Jeff Hardy's popularity is a mystery to me. He's not charismatic, he's not enigmatic, he's annoying.

The Wolves vs Bromans title match: sad succession of botches with a few redeeming moments. It looks like both teams had flu that night.

The Knockouts title match: unusually bad - almost Diva bad. Just give the belt back to Gail Kim, please.

The Cowbawh Jerm Sturb/Gunner bah bock bah berrr thing: Maybe it satisfies some niche 80s NWA/WCW nostalgia element..? I hear their contracts have been renewed, but why?

Knux is not an actor. He's barely a wrestler. Nobody cares. Please don't put these vignettes in a PPV when it has precisely nothing to do with anything in the PPV.

Pretty sure some other stuff happened.

TNA, you'd need to get some jobbers in for the weekly shows if you want to make a show like this seem like an event... Eric Young is not Daniel Bryan, you can't ride the wave of Daniel Bryan popularity, trying makes you look like a cheap clone. Dixie is never going to be Vince, so don't try that either. Please stop being so fickle with your stories. End them properly, or don't start them at all. Get rid of Hardy urgently, or at the very least end this Willow embarrassment. Hire some managers to speak for those who have trouble with sentences. Bring in new people every week and see who sticks.

The wrestling to BS ratio seemed much better than usual, hopefully that's a sign that they're scaling it back.

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  22. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Watched the newest WWE Countdown on the top 10 tag teams and it really bugs me that the Hardy Boyz ranked better than Edge and Christian, but it was a fan vote. :\

23. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    More proof most fans are idiots.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

V-2 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *double post*

26. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Sting looks like Warrior w/o the chemical abuse.

27. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    It was fun at first, but CM Punk chants are just sad and annoying now. Crowd sounds hyped though.

28. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, Punk isn't coming back (and apparently neither is AJ), so it's time to let it go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.