main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003

That would suck, and I have little expectations as well.

Omega vs Okada wasn't just a great match on it's own it had a years worth of booking that saw Omega rise.

this is WWE scrambling again like children just like they did when they attempted to copy final deletion.

That being said AJ vs Cena is one of the few options. AJ vs Orton would be better, but Orton being booked at the top could get more groans. It's a match I'd be all for. Other than that they really have nobody for AJ. Unless they think him and Taker could make magic.

Lots of great guys from RAW could put on a great main event, but none of them are going to be able to achieve what Okada vs Omega did. The past years booking just isn't there for any of em.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    WWE's booking is dominated with short term(ism), which prevents guys from getting over. NJPW is the complete opposite.

With Omega on a rest period, lots of speculation Cody is going to fill the Bullet Club leadership void. He has several dates, including a match with Shibata. By having him join Bullet Club, I assume the plan is for him to be around for a while. Plus, Cole is set to leave ROH in April so I suspect something big is being planned by NJPW.

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Interesting fact of the day:

The Elite and Bullet Club merchandise outsells everyone in the US, expect for top tier WWE guys*. This is just off ROH and AXS TV coverage alone. Cody Rhodes new "American Nightmare" Bullet Club t-shirt is the most popular selling NJPW t-shirt right now.

*According to Dave Meltzer, it is the reason why Omega and Young Bucks are reluctant to go to the WWE - they don't need the money. And currently get 100% merchandise rights.

4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Realistically it is not from TV alone. Lots of modern day tape trading (some people call it piracy) is going on too, as well as official apps, official youtube/DM/whatever channels, gifs/memes, etc, not to mention podcasts and general buzz on social media.

5. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Wendy's gave Okada vs Omega 5 stars

I took this as an opportunity to ask Keebler what they thought, and to bring back Magic Middles.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    LOL

Several UK retailers were tweeting about it. Tesco were "upset" that Omega didn't win.

Cody returns to NJPW next month, so I guess my thoughts on Bullet Club's future might be correct. Btw, just watched all of the TNA's DELETION material with Broken Matt Hardy.; I don't know how he pulled it off, but Matt managed to make it work. Reminds me a lot of DDT.

7. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I saw that Okada/Omega match, it was very good but it didn't live up to the hype IMO. Admittedly I don't keep up with the NJPW scene so I had no emotional investment in either character, but a six-star match should stand on it's own, right?

It was a worthy main event, the high spots made me cringe and fearful for their safety, as did the botches/near botches like the stiff dropkick to the back of the head and that evil table spot (I agree with Meltzer's predictions that someone will die in that spot if NJPW remain complacent about it). They had a somewhat believable fight, disregarding the trappings of pro wrestling BS like beckoning to the stalls, turning ones back, having a referee so lenient that you can leave the ring and use a table, etc, but I'm not seeing 'best match ever' quality. I'm still working my way through day 3 of BOLA'16 and I've seen two or three matches that are better than this. That notorious Ospreay/Ricochet match for all it's flippy faults was better than this. The Dragon Lee vs La Mascara match was certainly better. IDK it's all very subjective and I don't share DM's fetish for the Japanese scene, I suppose....

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Cena has posted a picture of Kenny Omega on his instagram and WWE fans have convinced themselves he is winning the Rumble.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  9. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

lol

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Cody Rhode is expected to get Cole's ROH dates when he leaves for WWE in May. Cody will lead Bullet Club USA.

11. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    so chris hero is back with wwe under the kassius ohno name he confronted nakamura on nxt

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    For the love of sweet God, just call him CHRIS HERO

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    NJPW and Omega have both come out and more or less said he isn't leaving and whole thing is a work to allow Omega to rest up. Tokyo Sport also noted all talent are on multi-year deals now.

Adam Cole is expected to be the only big name WWE signs this year.

14. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I am immediately struck by the difference between Ohno's muscled physique in the NXT entrance video and Chris Hero's more natural look IRL. I guess VKM didn't sign him and I guess Ohno is going to be fully clothed for a while.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Our Lord and Saviour Meltzer believes WWE will offer Omega a "name your price and terms" deal next year - if Vince fails to turn in Roman or Seth into the main star.

16. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Guess he might as well get that money ready.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

$2 million guaranteed (doesn't include merchandise and image rights) is the figure being discussed.

18. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    chris hero named him self that according to dirt sheets so it was his idea to adopt a wwe stage name.

omegas deal is said to expire on the 31st of January looks like he will sign a new deal possibly only a one year deal. he wants to be champion and if they don't put the belt on him he is gone.

funny how wwe had him in developmental but he like ec3 left because of bill de mott.

i think chris hero is a call from regal and triple h they both rate him and vince seems content to let trips sign who he wants.

rumble match is starting to look stacked goldberg/brock/taker/

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Omega already has an extension to January next year.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Watched Jericho win the US title on RAW and skipped everything else. Read the spoilers and heard the entire show was a complete car crash.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Did Becky call Alexa a **** on TalkingSmack by saying "seeing you next Tuesday" (it's a phrase used in the British Isles to politely use the "c" word); in general, I recommend catching up with SmackDown - it's the bomb and just keeps getting better and better.

Latest rumours are Undertaker v Braun at Mania. If that is the plan, I'd guess Cena is getting Styles.

22. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I just bought an old Wrestlemania 23 DVD for the lulz. That one with Trump vs McMahon. ;)

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I replay that one if only for Trump getting the Stunner from Austin.

DaddlerTheDalek and JEDI-RISING like this.
  24. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Great tactics, because WWE's belief that booking green guys to beat legends is surely to get them over.

And Cena vs AJ 5 times in one year. Impressive. I'm sure their attempt to book a match that will rival Omega vs Okada will feel just as fresh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Even with their roster, WWE still manage to **** up booking PPV's

Juliet316 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.