main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The WWE Women's Tournament on the Network this summer will be called the Mae Young Classic.

2. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    pro wrestling sheet saying that they are doing a womens money in the bank match as well

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Have not heard that. Only things announced thus far are the men's MITB (looks like this will be exclusively SMACKDOWN only) and Randy Orton's rematch for the title with Jinder.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Rip Rogers (who's original tweetage started the whole chain of events that lead Randy Orton's own verbage on indies) is on Jim Cornette's latest podcast.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Incoming! (language warnings are to be assumed with all Cornette videos):

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    WWE's cancelled it's NXT show in Manchester as a result of the terror attack.

7. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    So, I'm at a local show right now, and the main event is Cody Rhodes(c) vs Adam Cole for the NEW heavyweight championship.

I got some good pictures so far, I'll post them later

Juliet316 and V-2 like this.
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Meltzer is reporting that all charges have been dropped against Sean Waltman. The police lab that tested the alleged 'meth' pills found no controlled substances in them.

9. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Picture time!

I'm not gonna put up all the pictures of everyone I got my picture taken with(unless you really wanna see) so I'll stick to highlights

For context of how big Jack Swagger is...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Adam Cole

[​IMG]Cody Rhodes

Had some really good matches on the card. Saw Dijak wrestle Jack Swagger, who was originally supposed to be a special guest but had to fill the spot for Ryback, who had travel issues. Unless Swagger changed his ring gear, he was not prepared, he was wearing some generic looking shorts and kneepads. If it was a last minute thrown together affair, it was pretty good. And if Dijak isn't in WWE at some point, I'd be surprised.

But the main event......

Cody vs Cole

So, in context of the wrestling world, Cody would be the heel to the newly Bullet Club exiled Adam Cole, right?

Wasn't happening.

Cody is so over right now, he ended up being the face and Cole had to play heel, so after they started the match and saw how we reacted they just ran with it, and did a good job. Cole did everything from leaving the ring, mocking Cody, and using the belt as a weapon. Highlight of the match for me was Cody trying to give the two sweet sign to Cole to only have Cole slap his hand away, followed by a mat display.
    [​IMG]

After which Cole went to give Cody the two sweet and they retreated to opposite corners for this

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Then Cole kicked Cody in the stomach

[​IMG]

The match was about 30-45 minutes, had some great pacing, near finishes, stolen finishers, back and forth exchanges with Cody going over and retaining.

Oh, and after the match, Cody indoctrinated all of us into the Bullet Club.

10. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    So for Block A of the BOTSJ we have a 4 way tie, which means we'll have a few spoilers and a tie breaker I think.

Liger with no wins will finish his last BOTSJ by spoiling Taichi
    Scurll(6 points) will spoil Ricochet
    Lee over Taka
    Hiromu over Ospreay

Lee beat Hiromu earlier, so the tie breaker will give lee the Block A win. Wild card is Ospreay, who if he beats Hiromu will have a tie breaker over Lee.

I'm assuming Block B will have Kushida get the surprise win.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I need to catch up with Super Juniors, been out of sync quite badly.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Here's a sample of the Singh Brothers (formerly the Bollywood Boyz), in a Cruiserweight Classic tag match up, since they'll hopefully they'll be doing something more than just helping Jinder soon.

13. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    so are new japan putting the belt on omega for us shows or are they keeping it on okada and building to a okada vs naito match

14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

Nobody knows the mind of Gedo. Way it looks now however, Omega is likely to win. At the same time it could easily be a draw. Who knows. Learned quite a lot recently that the obvious choice may be to obvious for Gedo.

In any case I'd expect Naito vs Okada to be the WK12 Main.

bizzbizz likes this.
  15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Thinking about the G1 tour...

If Kenny beats Okada, before the tour, then who will he face in the states? No way he'll beat Okada twice.

16. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    who in njpw can look a credible threat and who can take the loss and rebound without it meaning much? my obvious answer would be tanahashi but yeah.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There is always Tiger Mask W (Kota Ibushi); has a backstory, which Western fans know about.

But, as for Tanahashi, I think that will be Omega's opponent at Wrestle Kingdom.

18. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    LOL. 8 way tie for Block B.

The guess by many is that everyone that Kushida beat will win, and that he'll have the tie breaker on all of them, and thus win the block.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So apparently RAW was so bad last night that Solomonster put out an emergency podcast to rant about it.

22. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Raw has been so bad for so long that I just don't watch it any more. I prefer wrestling.

Meanwhile, Austin Idol says he's been thinking about promoting indie shows again (apparently he used to run a profitable outlaw back in the day). Could be cool.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I actually liked Orton's promo tonight. Didn't feel like he was reciting from a script or something like that.

24. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    liked it as well it came across as more real. with the whole my family is wrestling royalty etc. orton needs to go back to being a full time heel

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    so the rumors of the womens mitb match were true in the end. im kind of worried about it tbh tamina/carmella are awful. im expecting elsworth to climb the ladder and get the case for carmella

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.