main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Elgin might be a surprise win in the G1 today.

2. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    G1 is free to view on YouTube (only up to the 4th match)

3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    [​IMG]

Nooooooooooooooooooo

4. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    [​IMG]

Nooooooooooooooooooo

DANNASUK likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I screamed when Fale killed him :(

Btw, anyone else notice Tama Tonga rocking the Cody t-shirt.....foreshadowing people. Foreshadowing.

6. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I think for the time being this thing with Tonga was just a G1 story to give his match with Omega some weight. I really don't think they'll be doing any Civil War with a possible war with LIJ in the future. I'd figure they'd want both groups strong and for Kenny and Naito to be the leaders so you'll get the best match. Way to much money to be gathered there.

The many heat seemingly comes off a something they just put together given that Tonga was very pro BC, Omega, and gave the Bucks a shout out in his rant at the Conference. Probably something Omega came up with.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Who knows. Bullet Club face LIJ on the NJPW/ROH tour and Cody is in the lead position. This will be, if it happens, a slow burn story. But I suspect Kenny will be out of Bullet Club before he wins the IGWP title; suspect Gedo wants him winning as a face.

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    An interesting note I've read:

NJPW don't think Tanahashi will finish the G1. It was his decision to take part with a torn bicep, but there is apparent backstage concern; especially after the ZSJ match, which turned his muscle black :S

Ishii opted against surgery for an injured shoulder, for a year, and it has never fully healed. Even after he got surgery.

Only serious injuries, related to the head and neck (similar to WWE) do NJPW pull talent from matches.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well that was a **** finish.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    More double posting *sigh*

12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Shawn was so bad in 2005. He said the Hulkster was two faced.

gasp.
    i was actually on a forum that summer where there were several vocal people enraged thinking that Shawn was doing it all on his own (and these weren't marks)

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Clearly they didn't see heel Shawn from a decade earlier.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    This huge play for the Indian market is having disastrous effects on the WWE among its loyal fan base. Haven't watched the PPV yet (probably won't), but I've seen the reaction on reddit.

It's bad.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

So bad, Solomonster tweeted a gif of Snow White running away from this PPV.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ugh! Another double post. Here's something more entertaining than the PPV:

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Cagedmatch have rated this one of the worst wrestling events ever.

I really don't know how they did it, but WWE managed to kill everyone on that PPV.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Except Cena. Which may have been the point for Vince.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, even Cena looks bad. Comes off as a return to 2008 Cena, which I doubt he likes. And the fans really, really, really hate.

This was Road Dogg's first PPV booking on his own. Somehow, I think it will be his last. WWE didn't even put up a poll asking fans for their opinion on Battleground lol Even the social media team knows it was a car wreck.

Btw, try and find the Hindi commentary for last night. It is sad the English team are not allowed to be that passionate. Hindi team is crazy over-the-top and similar to Japan.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    This is where the power of positivity comes in handy, unless I'd probably hate myself right now.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So, it has been revealed the Great Khali returned because Jinder is not a draw in India....

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Based on the feedback on Meltzer's site, New Day is probably the only act that escaped unscathed.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not surprised.

2017 will be another dark year for the WWE, with declining ratings, poor PPV's and shrinking attendances.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Observations from last night:

The only recent good PPV performance from Randy Orton was against Luke Harper. This was almost as bad as the House of Horrors. We all know his opponent is terrible. But he's been poor, too.
    I'm a Cena fan, but that was a woefully corny fight last night. Some flashes of decent wrestling though.
    Get Owens away from AJ. They are at polar opposites when it comes to pace, and there's no benefit to having the camera sit for 2 minutes while Owens smothers a motionless AJ in a headlock. Wasting talent.
    Speaking of wasting talent, you've got maybe 4 or 5 years with Nakamura. And the crowd was silent. Only one opponent can accomplish that. Baron Corbin is the least talented wrestler on either roster.
    Natalya has the personality of a potato and is a terrible heel. Why put her in a premier SummerSlam match when you could go with Charlotte. Also, why are Tamina and Lana employed to wrestle? Embarrassing.
    Sami Zayn wasted, again.

I agree with Dan. This was a low water mark. Except for that tag match, which I enjoyed.

26. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Nakamura is coasting it, IMHO. After years of a brutal style in Japan, he is taking it easy and earning a nice paycheck for retirement.

As American fans, I am generally curious what you make of WWE's stereotypical foreign heel gimmicks and encouraging the crowd to chant "USA! USA!" - is tiresome and out dated? You get nothing like this at UK shows.

27. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nattie's probably getting one last retirement run; plus there's always the possibility that Carmella cashes in either before or after SummerSlam.

28. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    May work with the crowd who was willingly duped into voting for a reality tv star for President (who make up a large % of the American wrestling fanbase, I imagine). Pretty aggravating and transparent to the rest of us.

DANNASUK and Juliet316 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.