main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I just find it really odd. Other countries have moved away from the stereotypical foreigner, but WWE seem to still do it.

2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

Other countries (and promotions) aren't run by Vince McMahon. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of WWE's terrible booking decisions came from his mind.

Juliet316 and DANNASUK like this.
  3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    You know, maybe it is time to have the discussion on whether or not the ratings and declining attendances can ever be recovered.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    If they keep doing **** like last night, maybe not.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I know Vince doesn't focus on the ratings because of the network, but people are cancelling over the last 6 months. In terms of new subscribers, it has stalled and remained flat.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Usually they are. That's why I made the "fried brain" crack the other day.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Kevin Owens on Talking Smack:

"I'm the elite...wink, wink"

A shout out to Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks. Well, that's him losing the US Title on Tuesday.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003

WWE has been losing viewers for the past 15 years, maybe more. The Network hasn't exploded in India. Not doing well at all in Japan(neither is NJPW World). Streaming services aren't that big a deal in many places in the world.

No one talent is going save WWE. Not Kenny Omega, not anyone. We've seen guys who'd any booker would put the belt on, even just as a place holder until someone bigger came along, stagnate in the mid-card doing dumb ****. It's all in the booking, and WWE doesn't care about the booking. They don't care about the attendance. They don't care about the quality. WWE will still make more money this year then last, and will probably make more money the next year.

NJPW still doesn't have the attendance of the big years of 96 and 97, but if they continue to do well in 2017, they'll come close to those years profit wise. Difference is that attendance is rising in NJPW. In WWE it is not. They aren't selling out house shows or big events.

So what will be interesting to see is when and how the poor product performance finally causes things to go south for WWE?

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There is a YouTube series, I think, on the NJPW dark period when the company nearly went under. It is slowly starting to recover and wrestling is to, in general, start to in Japan. AJPW, Noah and DDT are beginning to draw big crowds again. Whether the Dome will ever be sold out for a wrestling PPV remains to be seen.

IMHO, it will take another PR ****storm - it will causes the sponsors to walk. Paige and allege drug problems could be it or another round of failed drugs tests. The company will be screwed within 2 years, when Cena decides to call it a day.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

And NJPW is reaching new audiences, partly due to the AXS-TV deal and partly due to the way social media moves these days.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Have you seen the free matches NJPW give away on Monday?! It's usually some of their best ones in recent years.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Not yet been listening to this:

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Kenny Omega v Yano was hilarious and amazing at the same time.

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Probably because Vince is racist.

DANNASUK likes this.
  15. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    So a possible outcome is that both Omega and Okada go undefeated until the B-Block final. Unless Elgin beats Omega.

Really have no idea what Gedo is planning. One never does.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Don't think Elgin is beating Omega. Can't see Juice or Sanada getting a win, either. Kenny Omega wins B Block undefeated? *shrugs*

I'm starting to think B Block comes down to Omega and Okada both being undefeated. Plus, I saw some backstage interviews, and the Bullet Club tensions are being teased even more - Cody is costing Omega the final, if he gets there. And I really don't think Okada is getting to the final. No way WK main event is being given away early; similar reason why I don't think Omega is winning the G1. But, if Omega does win the whole thing again, then surely has have a very long term deal with NJPW. You'd be solidifying a gaijin as no.2 in the company. Gedo would not risk it, if Kenny was off to WWE in 18 months.

Still in the Naito camp. Still see no hard reasons to change.

Really thought Sanada was getting the win today, btw. Been a star this tournament. His match with EVIL was fantastic.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    WHY ARE THEY GIVING THAT MATCH AWAY FOR FREE AND NOT AT SUMMERSLAM OR WRESTLEMANIA!!!!

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    WHY ARE THEY GIVING THAT MATCH AWAY FOR FREE AND NOT AT SUMMERSLAM OR WRESTLEMANIA!!!!

20. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    A part of me wants to see Cena beat Nakamura just to see the internet's reaction. I'm not sure when Corbin cashes in though. Before Summerslam?

Also, is Jericho back properly now or was this a one off?

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There are rumours about the upcoming earnings report and it doesn't look good. WOL were reporting executives are worried. All the cost cutting measures add up to something; it is clearly not rosey behind the scenes.

Cena v Nakamura, Styles 2x US Champion, return of Jericho and RAW was excellent the other night probably means the WWE *is* worried about ratings/attendances after all.

As for Owens beating Styles at Battleground, I would not be surprised if WWE quietly (in the future) doesn't acknowledge the title switch.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I know Vince is in panic mode (TalkingSmack should not have been a casualty of that though), I just needed to get that out of my system.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    But, I don't disagree with your anger though. Cena v Nakamura is a major PPV match

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Official SumerSlam poster

[​IMG]

Well, that card looks interesting.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    So a Cena/Mahal/Nakamura triple threat?

26. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

My thoughts precisely. This will either be great or a complete car wreck.

Juliet316 likes this.
  27. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

It'll be great if Khali is kept completely out of it and Mahal's role is kept to a minimum.

28. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Gotta love double posts. /sarcasm

Also one year ago yesterday, WWE unleashed Ellsworth on the WWE universe:

29. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Did anyone watch WWE's Loot Crate HQ video with Bliss? Poor ol' Bray, guy was brutally buried in it.

30. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Not yet, but I will soon

DANNASUK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.