main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Figured he might when he won the championship.

2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So I'm listening to Solomonster clips on YouTube and apparently there is an Owen Hart vs Kurt Angle dark match floating out there in the ether...

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    All I have to say about those BOLA clips is holy ***, Jeff Cobb. Please let Impact sign him, wrestling gods, please!

4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Cena vs Reigns was decent. Sad to see it might be the passing of the torch match I was hoping it wasn't going to be.

Match had a Michaels vs Hogan vibe early on. Definitely not a match or the year contender or big epic you'd think it would be. Decent, is what I'll give it though.

5. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Cena vs Reigns was decent. Sad to see it might be the passing of the torch match I was hoping it wasn't going to be.

Match had a Michaels vs Hogan vibe early on. Definitely not a match or the year contender or big epic you'd think it would be. Decent, is what I'll give it though.

6. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    The cruiserweight match did its job far too well. Instead of simply calming the crowd down it killed their enthusiasm entirely and ruined what should have been a great main event.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Disappointed they cut Strowman off at the knees here. I think he should have win the title.

8. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't. To early. The mistake was having the match take place in the first place.

9. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Billy Corgan officially owns the NWA.

V-2 likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    If Cena is retiring, he is better off getting out now before the company really tanks.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't think he's done. He's going off to shoot another film (another Transformers movie) and perhaps have his wedding to Nikki, but I do believe he'll be back for at least one more run.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't think he's done. He's going off to shoot another film (another Transformers movie) and perhaps have his wedding to Nikki, but I do believe he'll be back for at least one more run.

13. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    What I hate is Brock is supposed to be leaving until January. That would've been the perfect time to take the belt off of him. I mean Raw's ratings are at an all time low and their answer is to have their main chap leave for three months?

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Seems like neither main title is important right now. Seems like the IC and US titles are more important right now.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Watching Cena cry on Raw Talk was tough.

I haven't bother watching the PPV, but I've read the spoilers. None of the results surprise me; Bliss continues her reign as Goddess.

16. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    It would have just lead to a bad Strowman reign that Would have hurt Strow just as worse.

Hotshotting these matches was the worse idea. You could have easily had Strow vs les at SS which would made it to where it wouldn't seem to make Lesnar gone that long. They did it now, because they're stupid.

With Cena vs Reigns killed last night with out really need for a rematch, Reigns vs Lesnar is the right match to have.

Reigns still has to beat the beast. Now just because it's the best match to have doesn't mean I'm excited for it. Wwe ran through all other possible booking options. Namely Reigns vs Cena which would have been the other best possible main event. The story of Mania 34 is the 3rd coronation attempt for Reigns.

Wwe does stupid things. And this was stupid from a booking and business perspective.

17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    It would have just lead to a bad Strowman reign that Would have hurt Strow just as worse.

Hotshotting these matches was the worse idea. You could have easily had Strow vs les at SS which would made it to where it wouldn't seem to make Lesnar gone that long. They did it now, because they're stupid.

With Cena vs Reigns killed last night with out really need for a rematch, Reigns vs Lesnar is the right match to have.

Reigns still has to beat the beast. Now just because it's the best match to have doesn't mean I'm excited for it. Wwe ran through all other possible booking options. Namely Reigns vs Cena which would have been the other best possible main event. The story of Mania 34 is the 3rd coronation attempt for Reigns.

Wwe does stupid things. And this was stupid from a booking and business perspective.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Thank goodness The Voice is back so I don't have to watch RAW or the Cowgirls tonight.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Biggest plus of yesterday's wrestling was that Juice Robinson had the best match of his career.

21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Biggest plus of yesterday's wrestling was that Juice Robinson had the best match of his career.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I've just seen the card for Kings of Pro-Wrestling.

I wonder this is where Cody turns on Kenny and Omega is dumped out of the Bullet Club.

24. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012

I don't mind Lesnar as champ. I just hate when they have a champ that only appears every few months. Maybe that's the WWE's plan; have plans hate the champ who only defends the title a few times a year so they finally cheer Roman. Worked so well the first time.

25. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    The champion and championship should be special. Look at any legit combat sport, do you see the same word champions defending every week? Even with all the dozens of weight and sex divisions across various different promotions, you don't always get to see a world championship defended every week in boxing and mma. The idea that the champ should be the hardest working member of the roster made some sense in largely non-televised territory days, but in a monolithic organisation like WWE it exposes the whole thing to unnecessary ridicule.

Lesnar is the most legit fighter WWE has, and he behaves in the most legitimate way (rarely there, negotiates contracts via an agent, has genuine autonomy/'sway'). The fact that he goes away and doesn't expose his moveset means his matches seem better. A strong factor in what makes WWE so sickeningly awful is that it's just endless permutations of the same matches with the same roster week after week. WWE has some amazing world class talent that they squander and over expose - and rapidly burn out in many cases. It's not sustainable, there needs to be more rotation, more people coming in and more people going out.

I think WWE has shot itself in the foot by giving fans the expectation that they will see all the stars all the time.

26. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not saying the title should be defended ever week, however, no Lesnar between now and WrestleMania seems like wayyyyy to long a time between both appearances and title defenses.

27. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Why?

28. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    When the WWE Championship is held by a guy, on Smackdown, who has go away heat - it is vital RAW has a popular champion, who is regularly appearing. Right now, the US Title, RAW Tag Titles and IC are the most important championships in the promotion.

Juliet316 likes this.
  29. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Because that's at least, what, seven whole months between now and 'Mania? At least set up some sort of title match between now and then.

30. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I like the title not appearing all the time, especially when someone like Lesnar holds it, but he needs to make some appearances before Mania. Have him enter the Royal Rumble and get eliminated by the person who he ends up facing (so Roman).

I've just realised. In the space of a year Roman Reigns will have retired the Undertaker, beaten Cena clean and will most likely win the title off of Brock Lesnar. Good lord...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

31. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Unless you have him actually defend the Universal title in the Rumble itself, I don't think you'll see Brock in the Rumble.

And after last night I wanna see Alexa vs Mickie in a TLC match for the Women's title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.