main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    As I understand it there's only one doctor who says Bryan shouldn't wrestle, every other doctor he's spoken to has apparently given him the all clear. Unfortunately that one doctor is the WWE doctor. I can totally understand WWE's position though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    There were also apparently brain scans that indicated he could be in trouble if he took another bump.

SithLordDarthRichie - Kane's also never really had a major injury, so it makes since to me that he'd take a lot more hits than Angle.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think Kane has more niggling injuries than we think, they just aren't the sort that require major surgery & lots of time off.
    Apart from in 2002.
    He's always sold finishers badly, presumably to protect whatever part of himself needs protecting.
    And he's reduced his moveset over time. I can't remember the last time he did the flying clothesline. He's a sensible guy in that way, although it can make his moveset limited & therefore rather boring.

He is though exactly the kind of guy Kurt needs to work with. He'll carry Kurt & not do anything too hard on him.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Kurt has nerve damage to his spine, problems straighten his knees and his neck is ******; he avoided infusion surgery years ago and you can visible see how bad it is. In TNA, Kurt would require a wheelchair after matches because he was unable to stand.

5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    The OSWR boys have a great running joke about Kane's bump taking. "No, I WILL take that bump, and I'll take it on my ****ing KNEES!"

Kurt would be the one carrying people in the WWE, with maybe 4 or 5 exceptions (AJ, Nakamura, Ziggler, Joe, maybe Cesaro...) broken neck or no. Kurt would certainly be the one to call a match with Kane, and Kurt would be the one who'd have to take the bumps and sell in that match.

I'd like to see Angle v Lesnar one last time.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Jeff Jarrett and GFW are no more. Once again.

Anthem has ended Impact's relationship with them.

V-2 likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    PWI: Cena to be possible special guest ref for Brock v Jinder

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Do not eat anything before hearing this story from Bobby Heenan:

9. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    AJ vs Finn was really good. Not great. Knew as soon as they started off fast that it was prob going no more than 15.

TLC was a cluster****. Went about as I expected. Interested in the Strowman face turn, but also takes away another heel.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The face turn's been coming for awhile now, ever since he beat the **** out of Roman and nearly killed him a number of times, including overturning that ambulance.

11. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    if that handicap match had the bucks in it or in some indy fed all the smarks on reddit would be calling it 5stars

12. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    double post

so looks like survivor series is basically bragging rights some weird matches
    brock vs jinder will be ****
    shield vs usos will be great
    miz vs corbin no idea who they will put over
    alexa vs natalya hopefully alexa goes over

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Vince panicking again.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Natalya will probably win and get cashed-in on.

No they wouldn't.

The Young Bucks are actually quite disliked by a lot of hardcore wrestling fans.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Cornette sort of likes them. He just thinks they do too many superkicks. Kenny Omega, he hates.

16. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Why doss he dislike Kenny Omega? I've only seen his matches with Okada and whilst I thought they weren't worth breaking your rating system over I could appreciate them and saw nothing there worth hating a guy over.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Because he once had matches with an 8 year old and a blow up doll.

V-2 likes this.
  18. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    AJ vs Finn was really good. Not great. Knew as soon as they started off fast that it was prob going no more than 15.

TLC was a cluster****. Went about as I expected. Interested in the Strowman face turn, but also takes away another heel.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If only they booked the WCW invasion of RAW like this....

20. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    still think if that was pwg the net would be blowing up about how awesome it was

21. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    well raw was awesome i dont care the fact a few of smackdowns top baby faces came across as heels in that beat down it was ****ing awesome. kayfabe wise raw always **** on smackdown and even kurt put down smackdown to shane's face and basically said without aj they aint **** etc after aj saved the raw ppv. obviously done to bring heat for survivor series and it worked looks like we are getting shane vs angle

some pretty awesome moments in the whole gang warfare bits for smackdown becky/newday/rusev really shined like a million bucks for raw they made the shield look good but i was most impressed with them having gable go straight at jordan

on the negative side nakamura looked stupid in the beatdown and really didn't attack anyone other then finn and seth

also how good was heyman's promo on jinder
    "When we think of WWE Champions, we think of Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, and, ladies and gentlemen, my client, Brock Lesnar. We don't think of Jinder Mahal, a consolation prize champion offered to SmackDown Live when Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan realized they got the shaft in the Superstar Shakeup."

they booked raw great shat on smackdown all night until the end with smackdown standing tall cant wait until tomorrow

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

PWG use to do hardcore elements in the early days; ladder matches and tables were common - fans hated them. They even dispute most of Meltzer 5 star ratings for PWG, too.

bizzbizz likes this.
  23. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    Juliet316 likes this.
  24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Was Kane squashing Balor a good idea?

I'm all for making Kane look strong, but given Balor just beat Styles the night before that seems to rather kill his momentum.
    I can't see how he can attempt to challenge Brock now

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That's Vince for you.

Juliet316 likes this.
  26. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Styles put up a video on his Twitter, explain why he joined in the attack on RAW. However, ignore his words, looks like Styles has his own tour bus..

Only top guys get rewarded one.

bizzbizz and Juliet316 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.