main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    I gotta agree with Saint. Don't much care for those type of matches either.

Lita is the hottest, by far.

2. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    I agree with the drunken Jedi master there on at least one count. No comment on the second. :p And Tin_Buk_Tu, good to see you. Didn't know you were a rasslin' fan either. :)

3. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Oh, by the way, if any of you like wrestling games, check this out. Its got a pretty neat game there, downloadable for Free!! :D

4. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    The hottest woman in werestling at the moment without a doubt is Molly Holly. She's also the best feamle wrestler. Lita only has two moves (and her moonsault is nothing compared to Angle's, Rios'. RVD's or Kidman's), and to be honest, I don't find her very attractive at all.

Can't wait for Tajiri against Tazz - that should be excellent.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I just can't wait for RVD to show the WWF fans why he's the whole f'n show!!

RVD! RVD! RVD!

6. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    I find it very ironic that so many people like Molly, considering she's the only Diva who's not a member of...uh..."Silicon Valley". Maybe people will finally listen to what Yoda's been saying for 800 years...SIZE MATTERS NOT!!

On another note, how will ECW be able to make much of an impact when most of their moves and spots are probably banned or too violent for the WWF to show? I doubt we'll be seeing any burning tables or barbed-wire ropes or top-rope tombstones at Invasion. Anyone disagree?

7. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    im so tired of the new Steve Austin. PLEASE!!! He better turn around...

Why is Curt Angle on the team?? He's do queer. They should have Big Show to add size.

Last...I hope that The Rock comes back and beats some WCW but.

8. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Tajiri v. Taz should be great. Tajiri isn't afraid to take Taz-plexes like so many other wrestlers.

9. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    <<im so tired of the new Steve Austin. PLEASE!!! He better turn around... >>

Into what? The one dimensional, 5-year-old gimmick he used to have? SCSA is probably the funniest part of the WWF these days.

<<Why is Curt Angle on the team?? He's do queer. They should have Big Show to add size.>>

Kurt not Curt.

<<Last...I hope that The Rock comes back and beats some WCW but.>>

The Rock is as boring as the old SCSA.

10. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Kurt Angle rules! He's one of the best in the WWF.

I agree with you completely, w_k. The old Steve Austin's act was getting tiring two years ago. Too one-dimensional and he didn't wrestle as many good matches. This Austin is far superior than the old one. He might regain his old attitude for the pay-per-view but the new Austin is here to stay a while I think.

11. Ecstacy

Ecstacy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    The new Austin is hilarious and the Kurt-Austin duo is as funny as hell. However the Rock is awesome and I don't think he should change at all. Let him remain the ego-manic that he is.

How does Vince expect the WCW to be popular when its best wrestlers are not there? Bring back Sting and Goldberg! Columdope and Booker Trip suck.

12. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    I get the bad feeling that the WWF will water down ECW too much. And that's just wrong.

13. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Well, it's not like ECW will be a seperate company. THey'll jsut be wrestling the way we've seen them do in the past. Raven and the Dudley's didn't change their styles much when the went to the wwf.

And by the way, 1wrestling.com is reporting that the WWF can no longer use the ECW logo, talk about ECW, use the ECW music, or say that Steph bought the company. Bscuase as you know in real-life ECW is dead as a door knob and the WWF does not own the copyrights to it.

14. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Yep, because they're currently in court because Vinnie Mac drove them out of business. Like I said at the ign boards, Vince should call them "EC f'n W". That's not the same as "ECW"!

15. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I heard about that. It shows how sloppy Vinnie Mac and company are at details. They have a legal team...this should not have happened.

16. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    News from Wrestlezone.com says that the WWF is getting sued for using the ECW name.

17. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    If vince has got any brain he'll just buy the copyrights. Using ECW in the angle, saved it and made it a million times better.
    Raw is going to be here in Buffalo on the 23rd and I bought my ticket Tuesday becuase of ECW on Raw. I think that shows how much I liked Raw.

18. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Uh...wait, I thought Heyman owned ECW in the first place. Why's he taking part in this angle and then suing the WWF for using his company's name and logo!? And seeing as the company is bust and technically doesn't exist anymore, how can anyone hold a copyright on it anyway?! Me thinks that these websites need to check their details. :p

19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Paul E. don't own ECW. The courts do. For the moment.

20. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    I see....so where did the courts get ECW? Is this part of the bankruptcy thing that the company and all its trademarks are given to the courts to go towards paying off debts? Still, I serisouly doubt that Vince McMahon and his multi-billion-dollar, global company would be stupid enough to make such a huge screw up. Anyway, its only about 7 million bucks, he could easily buy the thing off the courts.

21. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I'm so glad to see Tazz get back in the ring. Using him as an announcer was just a waste.

And though I never watched ECW, from what little I've seen of Tajiri, I'll be hyped for his match.

22. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey anakin_skywalker_sct, Molly Holly is a member of "silicon valley" as you like to call it. Every diva in the WWF is except Stephanie of course. That's the way Vince has it. His girls have to be scrubbed up, so to speak.

23. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Yeah, give Vince a week or 2 to work out the details and then he'll own all 3 of the big wrestling promotions.

But once he does he should let Paul run ECW. Paul's not the one who drove them out of business, Vince was when he moved Raw to TNN.

24. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I here Smackdown might not be going live after all. With the WCW invasion not doing so go (Not counting the ECW contribution)it might be giving them second thoughts about giving WCW Raw. I was reading this on wrestlezone.

25. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Wait a sec, Bash, are you sure? I thought I read she was..uh...natural

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.