main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    There were a lot of disappointing matches on the card. Tazz/Tajiri and X-Pac/Kidman.

2. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    So what happened last night?

3. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    E&C defeated Team Canada

Hebner defeated Patrick with Foley as guest ref

APA defeated Palumbo and O'Haire

Kidman defeated X-Pac

Raven defeated Regal after some interferance by Taz

Hugh Morrus, Kanyon, and Stasiak defeated The big Show, ALbert, and Billy Gunn

RVD defeated Jeff Hardy for the hardcore title

Trish and Lita defeated Stacy and Torrie

Team WCW/ECW defeated team WWF when Austin turned on Team WWF

There ya go. I'm going to RAw tonight. I'll let you know how it was. And the Rock should be back next week.

4. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    Im glad Xpac lost.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    RVD v. Jeff was great, but it could've been better. RVD should've done the Van-Terminator.

Kidman v. X-Pac was pretty good. Kidman has always impressed me. He, Saturn, and Stevie Richards should join Raven to form a WWF version of Raven's Nest/Flock.

The main event was boring. I kept looking at my watch and wondering when Austin would turn. As soon as I saw his leg was "hurt" I knew it would be soon.

6. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Hmmm...

Anything else good happen?

Lita & Trish won their match, right?

SHARKY

7. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    So Austin really turned huh? That sucks...so did they figure out he was the "mole" too?

I'll have to watch Raw tonight.

8. sharkdawg

Jul 16, 2000
    When does HHH come back?

Any time soon?

SHARKY

9. Master_MaceWindu

Master_MaceWindu Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2001
    No, he will be back around October

And the Rock will be back tonight, i guarantee it

10. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Sacul, the mole was exposed some weeks back as Paul Heyman.

A very very very very good PPV in my opinion, one of the best I can ever remember in fact.

It was funny how X-Pac could not get over as a face no matter how hard JR and Cole tried. :) He just flat out sucks, no matter which team he plays for. :)

Props to Jeff Gardy for being able to keep up with RVD - I do think that RVD posed and played to the crowd a bit too much though - he is supposed to be a heel after all. I was also disapointed with the finish to that match. RVD should have done the Van Terminator - there's nothing unique about a frog splash, regardless of whether it is a five star one or not.

Does anyone else think that they should have just made Tajiri vs. Tazz into Tajiri and Regal vs. Tazz and Raven rather than two seperate (disapointing) singles matches?

I'm stil not buying Bradshaw being able to take down a guy like Palumbo with a clothesline, either.

And The Rock is bound to return tonight, even if he doesn't wrestle.

Line of the night was Billy Kidman taking the piss out of X-Pac :D Either that, or Lance Storm's "if I can be serious for a minute..." - that's one that will never get unfunny - just like "it's true, it's true" :D

Moment of the night for me was the backstage skit with Torrie... :D

11. Master_MaceWindu

Jun 25, 2001
    yeah Bash, "...damn Stace, you do have a firm ass"

i loved it.

And RVD did do the vanterminator, just a scaled down version. I dont think APA could take Palumbo and O'haire like that. But, ih well.

It was awesome, i taped it, so I am very very happy

12. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    ohh yeah Paul Heyman's the mole I forgot someone told me that. (you can tell I don't watch it all the time)

At least Stone Colds not trying to hug Vince..that was getting on my nerves.

13. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    RVD didn't do the Van-Terminator. That was a surfboard. RVD has always played to the crowd. When he was a heel back in ECW, that was his gimmick. But he was so good people cheered for him anyway, and he didn't change any.

Rock will be back next week.

"...damn Stace, you do have a firm ass"
    Best damn line EEEEEEEVER!

14. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Hmmm...I don't remember seeing the Van Terminator...the Van Daminator yes, but no Van Terminator.

I was on about the bit where Torrie was referring to her "big, voloputous" you-know-whats. :D I adore Torrie Wilson :D

15. Master_MaceWindu

Jun 25, 2001
    I have a gut feeling, that since the Rock is done shooting his movie, that he will be back tonight.

Again, I guarantee it

If not, then you can kick me in the ass

16. sharkdawg

Jul 16, 2000
    Hold on!

I don't wanna sound like a perv or nothin, but what's this about the back-stage thing with stacie?

SHARKY

17. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    they were talking about how fine they were. I sat there and heartily agreed, then they talked about their atributes. Torie being her big boluptous ..... you know. She said it. Then Stacy said she had legs up to here, and said nothing looks better in a thong than her ass. Then on the way out, tori smacked it and said "damn Stace, you do have a firm ass"

18. sharkdawg

Jul 16, 2000
  19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Raw is on, and RVD just beat Matt Hardy!!

WHOLE F'N SHOW!!

And E&C just asked Booker T if he was related to Mr. T!! Funny stuff!

20. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    A paddle match. Wow. [face_plain]

21. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    i agree. It would have been waaaaaaaaaaaayyy better if Torie would have taken of Trish's pants

22. sharkdawg

Jul 16, 2000
    Yup!
    :D

SHARKY

23. Ecstacy

Ecstacy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    FINALLY.....THE ROCK....is coming BACK ...to RAWWWWW.

24. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Actually, Josh, my " [face_plain]" was directed towards the very idea of a paddle match, not the quality of the match. I didn't even bother to watch that match.

Oh yay. The Rock. [face_plain]

25. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    Just a few thought...

Well, just finished watching RAW, pretty good, props to the booking staff to push Angle face all the way. He's already getting over with the crowd, now it's up to the booking team to put him in the right matches against the stronger heels out there, just like they did tonight. Boy, it was kinda brutal to see those tables not breaking, twice. I'm sure D'Von and Booker T were real happy that the tables didn't break the 1st time. :(

Edge and Christian continue to crack me up, bagging on the other wrestlers totally rules! They are so much better as faces.

RVD is already so over it's sickening. That dude is an animal, he's frickin' nuts! I quickly becoming a straight out RVD mark. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why are they making Austin so gay? I mean, he turned on Vince because he wasn't appreciated enough?! Why not simply because he hates Vince's guts and was looking for a way to screw him over? Jealous because Angle's getting hugs? I'm sorry, but it's just flat out stoopid the way they are changing the SCSA character. I don't care if he's a heel, hell, I like him better that ay, but why can't he be a badass heel like HHH, instead of the whiny Kurt Angle type heel? :mad:

BTW, The Rock won't be back until next week, it was pasted all over the internet. Which mean, oh great, another Rock/Austin PPV main event at Summer Slam. Yippee. [face_plain]

As far as I know, the only time X-Pac was over with the crowd was when he was partnering w/ Kane a few years ago. He'll never be over as far as the WWF fans are concerned, unless he changes his whole gimmick, and i'm talking full on gimmick makeover. New gear, new name, some new, non-gay moves (ie. bronco buster) new everthing, and then, maybe, just maybe he might get over.

Naw, he will always suck. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.