main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problem on the board.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Derek_Colze, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek_Colze

Derek_Colze Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    I have not read every book in Star Wars yet. Yet. But, for the ones I have not read, (i.e. Star By Star) people are spoiling the whole book just in the title of there subject. People need to stop doing this. It's very frustrating.

And if you do have spoilers in the subject simply type (spoilers) in the title.

2. JEDIMACK-COM

JEDIMACK-COM Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    I apologize Derek. My post yesterday may have been one. I have been to the woodshed and I am willing to learn.

3. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    Not every single thread neeeds to have spoilers in the title, only the newer books. It's not like we know everyone who has not read a particular book...

4. Derek_Colze

Jan 14, 2002
    True. I'm just EXTREMELY upset. People post things like "Bring back Anakin Solo..."

That ruined the book for me. I haven't seen much, for the most part people are pretty good at citing spoilers.

5. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    The rule is two to three months after a new book cmoes out, everything is fair game and spoilers don't have to be put in the title...

6. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I can understand your feelings... there is a recent thread discussing the spoiler rules and ramifications, I suggest you and others familiarise yourself with it.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Star By Star has been out long enough that everyone who wants to read it should have read it.

8. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    normally they start slipping before the rest of the world gets it though

9. JEDIMACK-COM

JEDIMACK-COM Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    Derek, again, I apologize. I let the dark side take me for a while yesterday. I was as angry as you.

I was told that the two months were up, but I will personally use a four month rule hereafter. I certainly do not want to ruin a book for someone.

Of course, for me, reading the book ruined it for me. But I have done my Tong Jang Ho breathing, keoped and now pursuit my goals in a controlled, different manner.

10. Derek_Colze

Jan 14, 2002
    I guess it is partly my fault as well. I haven't read the book yet. I have to work up some $$$ to by it. I wanted it in paper back, but I guess I'll have to get the hardback if I want to keep up.
    My local library isn't that good about new books either. I remember they had Starfighters of Adumar up for about fourteen months in the "new" section.

**COOLS DOWN**

**A LITTLE**

11. Derek_Colze

Jan 14, 2002
    Thanks Admin for posting that thread.

12. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "normally they start slipping before the rest of the world gets it though"

Just to make sure... You mean the English-speaking world, right ?

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Star By Star has been out long enough that everyone who wants to read it should have read it.

Not everyone can afford it and the fact that people are still getting ticked off about spoilers kinda prooves that 'everyone' has not yet read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.