main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problem with image at the end of TESB

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by -Emperor_Palpatine-, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Humble

Or honest.

2. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    What Lucas says, goes. So if he says what their looking at is the Rishi Maze, then so be it.

3. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I always forget that there is a text commentary. I should go look at it!

4. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I though that was a nebula.

5. jangoclone1138

jangoclone1138 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2003
    That is a galaxy. However Star Wars is not one galaxy, it is an entire universe. The Star Wars universe is made of thousands of galaxies. A galaxy after all is just a solar system. Not all of the planets in Star Wars revolve around the same star or else all of them would have two suns bcause Tatooine has two suns. Star Wars takes place in a universe that houses many galaxies. In ESB that is just one of the galaxies. And yes I realize that the scroll at the beginning says "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." but does a universe far, far away have the same feel to it. No it does not.

6. 32Flavors

32Flavors Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2003
    A galaxy after all is just a solar system. Not all of the planets in Star Wars revolve around the same star or else all of them would have two suns bcause Tatooine has two suns.

Actually, jangoclone, no, a galaxy isn't a solar system. The Milky Way=/=our solar system. A galaxy is a cluster of thousands or millions or billionsn of solar systems. In the GFFA, we see several different solar systems (ie, "the Dagobah system" or "the Hoth system"), but the impression we're given is that they're all part of one galaxy.

As a child, I thought they were looking out at a galaxy, because it looked like the images in elementary textbooks of the Milky Way's spiral. But that doesn't mean it can't be something else, because Lucas apparently intended it to be something else ;)

7. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
  8. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    For years I was convinced that it was the Milky Way Galaxy.

Ergo, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

Hell, for them to see the COMPLETE length of our galaxy they'd have to be pretty far away no?

I don't recall Lucas stating its the Rishi maze. Can someone tell where on the AOTC Dvd commentary that, that's mentioned?

9. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    "What does IMO mean?"

"In my opinion."

"If IMO means "in my opinion", what does IMHO mean?"

"Humble"

Reminds me of Homer in asking what VIP meant...

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It's very possible that that was just one of the many regions of space that are part of the larger SW galaxy. Suspending a little disbelief (this is just a movie) would allow for travel in SW to be n a intergalactic scale; this may have been just a passing galaxy among many.

As a kid, I always thought that meant the Falcon was passing OUR solar system..."a long time ago"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.