main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problem with Order 66. Did it also include ENSLAVING the Galaxy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Jon_Bon_Kenobi, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon_Bon_Kenobi

Jon_Bon_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Ok. So here is my problem with Order 66 in the movie. [face_thinking]
    All Clone commanders and troopers know of Order 66. When Palpatine gives the order, they are to kill the Jedi that are leading them and do this without question. That part is fine. The problem I have with the REST of the aftermath of Order 66 is this:
    What reason would the Clonetroops have to then start enslaving people of various planets such as Utapua and Kashykkk??

I understand that they have a pre-programmed order to kill the Jedi, and that Palpatine explains this to the senate that the Jedi have tried an uprising and betrayed the senate. So what excuse does he give the Senate about the prisoners of war he is starting to take? So 3 questions:

Question 1
    Why do the Clones, after fighting with and helping the Wookies, after Order 66 then try and round them up as P.O.W's? And what exactly had they done to justify this?

Question 2
    Why do the Clones ALSO take Utapua citizens as P.O.W's after helping them against the Seperatists?

Question 3
    When Clonetroopers then start enslaving people of various planets such as Utapua and Kashykkk, what excuse does Palpatine give to the Senate for this?

Bear in mind that the Utapua people had been held hostage by the enemy of the Senate, the Seperatists and that the Wookies were under ATTACK by the Seperatists also! So what the hell did Palpatine say to the Senate to justify taking P.O.W's from these planets?? If BOTH these planets had come under attack and seige by the Enemy of the Republic, and this was common knowledge, then why enslave them? The Senate would surely object?

[face_frustrated]

2. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Possibly he made it appear as if these P.O.W. where traitors that had helped the separatists fighting the Republic and the other wookies? Or perhaps he keeps it a secret that the Senate don't know about...

3. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Only humans are first class citizens in the Empire.

4. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    This is the greatest failure of Obi-Wan Kenobi -- he failed to delve into precisely what it was that the Cloners were pre-programmed to do.

Much more than an obedient army are they . . . . . the satan seed of a ruthless Jango Fett they are! Jango is the perfect killing machine. Obi-Wan should have deduced this and probed deeper into the Cloner programming.

Obi-Wan fails to . . . .

- Adequately train Anakin and stop his dark tendencies
    - Determine the true purpose of the Cloners
    - See Anakin's relationship with Padme blossoming and 'nip it in the bud.'

Three strikes -- yerrrrrrr OUT!

Oh -- and he loses to Dooku not once, but twice!

5. DarthGroznii

DarthGroznii Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    The most stupid thing Obi Wan did was ignore Anakin's premonitions of his mother's death.

"Dreams pass in time." - hello, this is the Chosen One, you're just going to dismiss this out of hand? Not even check to see if his mother is OK? No wonder Anakin turned to the Dark Side, the Jedi did very little for his mother!

6. masterbat

masterbat Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    Maybe the Empire enSlaves those people and then keeps quiet about it

7. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    Perhaps they used info they could have recieved that those on Utapua gave info to a Jedi and that the Wookies worked along side them. Now we understand that they were working along side the Republic but information can be changed or fixed to sound like you want it to. For example when Sidious found Yoda had made it to Corusant he could then tell the Galaxy that aided a traitor and helped him escape.

8. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    I think the general idea is that since the Jedi recruited the native warriors, and the Jedi are now traitors to the Republic, the clones see the natives as accomplices and start rounding them up.

According to Dark Lord, the enslavement doesn't begin with Order 66. Particularly on Kashyyyk, it isn't until several weeks later that the Wookiees are actually enslaved.

9. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Question 1
    Why do the Clones, after fighting with and helping the Wookies, after Order 66 then try and round them up as P.O.W's? And what exactly had they done to justify this?

Well what have the Jedi done. they are a threat to the New Empire. and unlike Clones Wookies have free will, and obviously saw something wrong with the Clones turning on the Jedi. so they likely resisted and fought back

Question 2
    Why do the Clones ALSO take Utapua citizens as P.O.W's after helping them against the Seperatists?

" We are being held hostage " they already were prisoners when ObiWan first showed up. they were meant to look like it's business as usual. and who knows for how long they were held captive. in War sometimes you have to pacify a community, while the Fighting is still resuming. or as they are still looking for Kenobi.

Question 3
    When Clonetroopers then start enslaving people of various planets such as Utapua and Kashykkk, what excuse does Palpatine give to the Senate for this?

armed resistance?. Rebels sound familiar?. Traitors?. works pretty good for PALPATINE.

Bear in mind that the Utapua people had been held hostage by the enemy of the Senate, the Seperatists and that the Wookies were under ATTACK by the Seperatists also! So what the hell did Palpatine say to the Senate to justify taking P.O.W's from these planets?? If BOTH these planets had come under attack and seige by the Enemy of the Republic, and this was common knowledge, then why enslave them? The Senate would surely object?

He could easily say the Troops are there for a " Safe and secure society " i doubt the Senate would ever know the truth. just as they did not about the Jedi. Palpatine could tell any number of lies.

10. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Alright, hold on. We have very little evidence of the nature of ENSLAVING the Galaxy. I dont see Owen in ANH enslaved,(sure he was destroyed, but wheres the endless years of enslavement ?) nor Jabba the Hutt. And no Order 66 did not include enslavement. But if Palps was as evil as a lot think, maybe it should have.

11. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I Believe this Is Answered in the Last Last SW Insider.
    *Runs to go Grab It*

Star Wars Insider #84, Ask the Master by Pablo Hidalgo (OS)
    During the Clone Wars, it was very common for Jedi Knights to supplement their Clone Trooper Forces by recruiting Local armies and militias to fight the Confederacy. Clones are no diplomats, and such alliances were forged by the Jedi...[Goes on to Mention Utapau and Kashyyyk as examples]...When Order 66 identified the jedi as Traitors, it also brought into question the loyalty of these local agents they recruited. Could they be trusted? In the interests of security, a state of martial law was passed on the affected planets to determine how deep the jedi conspiracy ran and who remained loyal to the Republic.

So Questions 1, 2, and 3 are answered by the excuse listed above.

12. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I would think that by this point, the senate members are pretty afraid of what the First Galactic Emporer would do to them or their planets. Perhaps in secret many of them had the mindset of Bail - Publicy support the empire - Privately plot against it. So with this in mind, Palpatine could have told them anything.

Carnage

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I don't think people were afraid of Palpatine. There's no indication in the film or in Lucas' commentary on the birth of the Empire. I think it's pretty much what Pablo said and others pointed out. The Wookiees and Utapans were working with the Jedi. If one doesn't wish to use enslavement, they can say that the Utapans and Wookiees were rounded up to avoid offering aid to the Jedi.

14. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Well Tatooine was a bit different. The Hutts were allowed to control it, much as they were during Republic days. I'm not sure the reason, I guess because it's a backwater planet with a small population that allows themselves to already be controlled by gangsters, the sort of thing the Empire likes. It's just a matter of every system being expected to sit quietly under Empire control, and if Tatooine, or any other world, has offered no resistance then there's no reason to enslave them. Every once and awhile stormtroopers may show up, but otherwise it's life as usual.

15. darth_ral

darth_ral Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    well, i dont wanna ruin it for anyone who plans on or is reading it, but Luceno's Dark Lord novel actually tells us they are not pre programmed with the order and actually goes into why they start enslaving others. Like I said, I dont want to ruin it for anyone, so I highly suggest if your interested in this to pick up the novel. It is an excellent read regardless.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd imagine that they WERE preprogrammed with the Order. Note how Sidious says "Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66."

That line it itself makes me think that ever since he started serving Obi-Wan, Commander Cody knew he would betray and kill him. Opposed to Cody thinking that the Jedi were rebelling.

Sidious doesn't say. "Commander Cody, a Jedi Rebellion has broken out, all Jedi are to be terminated." He says "The time has come. Execute Order 66"

Which suggests to me that the clones were pretty much aware that they were doing something that had to be kept secret from the Republic. I mean the clone officer tells Bail that "There's been a rebellion." When the clones were the ones that walked in and slaughtered everyone.

Also one of the clones says "don't worry about him, let him go" when Bail flees, as if the initial reaction was going to be to kill him as he was a witness.

EDIT: I think I may have misinterpreted what DARTH_RAL said

Do you mean they weren't programmed to kill the Jedi or that enslavement wasn't a part of the order? If the latter then just disregard the above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.