main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problems staying logged in

Discussion in 'Communications' started by moosemousse, Sep 3, 2012.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a question about logging in and staying logged in to both here and the temp boards at the same time. I can't seem to do it with both open in the same browser. It's not a problem as such as I use two browsers, but I was wondering if this was a bug or something else?

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I don't think that it's possible to be logged on to both at the same time. Probably something to do with two forums on the same domain using the same software.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, it's a cookie issue. When I was doing stuff both here and on the temp boards I used Firefox for one and IE9 for the other. (IE9 was a pain as I normally use Firefox.)

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    That makes sense, although I'm now curious as to whether or not I'd stay logged in if I changed the passwords so they match. [face_thinking]

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Nope. I speak from experience.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't tried being on both boards at the same time but when I work on these boards on Google Chrome, it won't keep me logged in. I have no problem on either Safari or Android. Haven't tried IE yet, but it seems to be a Google Chrome issue.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, it can't possibly be a Google Chrome issue because I'm on Google Chrome and not getting that problem. :p It might be related to how you have your cookies and cache set up.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ah, OK. Should I clear my cookies and cache?

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That'd be my first suggestion. It's kind of a delightful game of guess and check, unfortunately.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Clearing the cache and deleting cookies appears to have worked.

11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Grimby the Hutt likes this.