main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problems with Celebration 2

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by JediYvette , Oct 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wans_Mistress

Obi-Wans_Mistress Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    Easy for you to say--how far do you live from Indianapolis? I have no way to get there since I am insanely afraid to fly, and don't know how to drive. It pisses me off that WoTC had it in Denver since that was where their headquartes were situated--they should have done that this year too! I have waited 3 years damnit to go to a Celebration. It sucks so much!

This is crap--I hope it rains--the whole time.

2. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    But Shara, you live there. You're biased. ;) Just kidding. I've never been there, and I think it will be great.

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm not biased, LAS. Does it hurt to drum up more people to attend for WotC? ;)

Despite the distance, really Indianapolis is closer and more convenient for more people than if it was held in Seattle or Denver.

4. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I couldn't afford to go to the last one because it was in Denver, but I can go to this one because it's in Indy. In 3 years, it will probably be back out west for all of you (either that or UK or Australia!).

If it does rain, who cares? I have an umbrella to get me to the convention center at which point I won't need it anymore (at least according to those who are familiar with the ICC).

5. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    :) Glad at least someone's happy. Actually, if you stay in any of the hotels connected to ICC, you won't even need it. And yeah there is so much enclosed open space in ICC, there will be no lines that go outside. That I promise.

6. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I've already booked a cheap room at the Quality (or Comfort) Inn that is about 6 or 7 blocks away so I will definitely be walking. Unless of course the rooms that WOTC offers are a good price, but $60 a night fits my budget better at this point.

7. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Oh yeah that's right. I remember you now. Actually, it's an Econo Lodge, and it is more thn 6-7 blocks, if I'm thinking of the right place. Hey at least you'll have a McDonald's and an IHOP across the street.

8. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Ah, found my reservation confirmation (from July). It's the Days Inn. I knew those others didn't sound quite right.

Is it just me or is this a stupid thread? SWC2 sucks because of its location? No. It could suck if it's run poorly and things go wrong that make it not enjoyable. But location can't make it suck (unless it's on another continent - sorry UK, Aussies, and others).

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, Silmarillion is from the land down under and she's coming, so the location being bad or out of reach doesn't hold any water with me. You can sit at home and waste your time being angry, or you can try and find a way to come...sell your plazma or something. Life's too short to complain about something you can't change. Your energies would be better suited for trying to get Celebration 3 to Seattle.

10. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah, I think we've come to the conclusion that Celebration 2 won't suck. Heck, I know it won't suck.

Yeah Days Inn is like 5 blocks away from ICC. ANd it's in a much better neighborhood. You still have a bit of a walk, but it's not near as bad as that other place you were talking about Obey-Wann.

11. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I am going to change the subject of this topic.

12. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    :[face_sigh]:
    Fine! Its not like I can argue with you, or anything...

:)

13. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Thanks for the change, MysterySith.

I don't know where I'm going to stay, and I really don't care. My dad says if I pay for our memberships to the Star Wars fan club and I buy the Celebration tickets, then he'll get the hotel/rental car.

I'm actually really excited about Indianapolis. I don't think Seattle would be any worse. Maybe next year. ;)

14. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well if you need any help with anything, feel free to ask. Although you're going to be spending a lot of money. You may be able to get tickets for all of your family with just one membership, but I don't really know.

15. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Hey JediYvette, I live near Seattle too. Maybe if you are going we can get a package deal or something

16. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I don't like flying, and I am a poor college student--sadly, I don't get to go. Maybe the Episode 3 Celebration.

17. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I'll bring you back a sticker or somethig :)

18. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    That is so nice!

Now I feel bad for hoping it would rain...

19. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well it will most likely rain. That's Indiana weather. But that's why I've warned people to be prepared for anything.

20. Bladder2

Bladder2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2001
    You guys know the rain won't matter at all if you get a room at any of the major hotels in downtown indy right? (Everything is connected to the convention center... at least 3 hotels, the mall, the convention center, the RCA dome, parking garages galore... it was picked for a reason). Indy used to be considered the crossroads of america because of all the major highways and railroads that went through it, and it still has great connections to the rest of the country.

To people from seattle who have been whining... Give it up! Indy never has anything big like this except for car races, and those of us from here are finally going to get a treat worth waiting for! It was picked for a variety of reasons, and I'm sure Celebration III will be somewhere else (Probably on the East Coast or not in America IMO). I just know this party is going to be the one for me, because it's so close...

It may or may not rain. My dad's birthday is the 5th... kinda funny. I doubt I'll be with him since he's not a star wars fan, but he wasn't with me on my birthday this year so it's ok :)

YAY

Bladder2

21. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Interesting name. Not many people have an internal organ for a nickname, but who am I to judge ;)

Yeah we've gone ovr the concept in other threads that about 7 hotels are connected in some way shape or form (either directly, through Circle Center, or through a parking garage) to ICC. Weather? We don't need no sticking weather.

Thanks for the compliment on Indianapolis. I'm not originally from here, but it is so much better than where I grew up, so I'm appreciative.

Bladder2, does this mean you're from Indy or a surrounding area? if so, why haven't you come to join the Indy Knights? Couldn't help getting in that plug. :D

22. Bladder2

Bladder2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2001
    I am originally from Angola, IN, which is north of Fort Wayne (far NE corner). I'm a freshman at IU now, and have no car... honestly yesterday was my first time I saw that the IndyKnights even existed, but I checked out your webpage and stuff, so I am interested. Unfortuanately I have no car and am very busy, but if you guys have any major events and I see it on the IndyKnights webpage I'll try to make it... it'd be great to meet up with some other Star Wars fans from Indiana!

BTW, the name is just an old standby... I suppose I could try to come up w/ a star wars fanname, but... what the heck, I'm used to this!

Bladder2

23. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Ok cool. yeah if you ever get up to Indy and we have something going on, let us know!

24. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I love how the Wizards site says "Become an official Star Wars Fan Club member and enjoy special benefits!"

And then you realise that only people in North America can join the Fan Club.

Obviously the rest of the world isn't quite excited enough already. [face_plain]

25. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    What kind of 'special benifits'? Are they not saying?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.