main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problems with Literature Forum Authority- Justified Banning or Abuse of Power?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JediMasterAaron, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Two things:

1. Why do you think police officers are required to state the Miranda Rights upon arrest? So that the arrested party are informed and that abusive actions will not go unpunished - Mods are not police officers nor do we have to read any rights, hence the Terms of Service at your convenience.

2. There are people, die hard spoiler-free folks, who consider even trailers to be spoilers. Therefore, the theme of "Forbidden Love" could be considered a spoiler. To some.

2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Bane:

1) I realize that the mods literally are not police officers (duh :p ). But, I was using the example because the concepts are essentially the same.

2) "There are people, die hard spoiler-free folks, who consider even trailers to be spoilers. Therefore, the theme of "Forbidden Love" could be considered a spoiler. To some."

Yes, but by forum policy it was not a spoiler.

Yes, Darth Ludicrous, according to Face, established a spoiler policy for the lit forum that I was unaware of. Thus, I was wrong for not PMing him about it.

Let's not go round and round in circles again... [face_plain]

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I find arguing in this thread pointless as of now, you are back Valyn and you are only digging yourself a deeper hole, don't go there.

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Chiss: I'm not arguing. :eek:
    I was only posting a reply. :D ;)

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Correct, your last post was not diragatory in any ways, or many of your other posts in this thread. But you seem to have been influencial amongst the newbies, a started "Anti-Mod rebellion", for this I think you need to set it strait.

6. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Chiss:

I disagree. He doesn't need to set anything straight. In fact, things in this thread have totally been cleared up, and are finally getting resolved it seems.

JMA

7. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Okay, I see this as resolved, and going round the same points that have been dealt with.

If you think that there is a burning need to add something, PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.