main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problems with the board

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Anyone else having problems with the boards over the past couple of days? Our group graphics are gone, as well as several other items that are usually located in the "toolbars" above.

Any ideas?

2. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I missing things from the tool bar as well

3. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I'm also having problems, I can't even get to the main web site. It keeps saying that it can't find it. I can sometimes get the graphics, but I have to click on someone's name then back out of it for it to work.

4. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    The Tulsa Fan Force site is down and that houses all the features we're missing. I don't know what the problem is, but I remember Billy saying something about moving servers at one point. We may have lost the domain name for the time being.

5. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I think its just the Tulsa Trekkies gearing up for Trek Expo. They're trying to intimidate us into not showing up.

They're jealous because they don't have lightsabers.

6. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    What is happening is that our domain name (tulsafanforce.com) expired on May 16. It was registered to BDK, and we want to get it registered to the Tulsa FanForce as a group, but we're having trouble doing that, plus our webmaster (Zach) is out of town. I've got to try to get in contact with our current webhost.

7. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    And here i thought it was my POS machine... that's a load off.

8. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Alright, I have a question. To register the domain name for another year costs $25. Do we want to use the membership dues to pay for this?

9. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    that sounds reasonable to me. Do we need to have a poll to vote on this or can we just do it?

10. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I say go for it

11. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    What do we get for $25?

12. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Actually, Amanda and Russ, who run a webserver of their own professionally, have let me know that they can register tulsafanforce.com in the name of the group for another year for only $10, instead of the $25. I like the sound of that better! :D Basically, we need to find out if the majority of the members who have paid dues are willing to pay this out of those dues.

Amanda and Russ also going to host the site on their server, which will allow us to do more with the site in the future.

13. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    That shouldn;'t be a problem I wouldn't think. Certainly falls in the category of group upkeep :)

14. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    SO like, while we are waiting for all this to happen, can we go back to the default graphics maybe? It's gotta be better then little 'x's all over the place hehehe :p

15. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    It's kind of a hassle for the admins to switch back and forth, but I'll see what I can do.

16. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    the fanforce.net logo and what not that loaded for me just now...very cooL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.