main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Prodding The Hurricane [Slight AU](Z/J, J/TK, The Return Post...Again! I'm Back Again! 11/6!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Elu, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Alrighty then people, this is my first fic in quite a while, i've been writing stuff off and on, but this is the first one i've posted in a long time. I hope you all like it.

This is going to have some songfic's intertwined with it so you know, so at a certain point in any chapter they'll be a line in some color that says where the songfic would begin or at least occur in. ;)

Anyway, here's Chapter 1 and i hope you enjoy it. :)

Prodding the Hurricane

Chapter 1:

Purple met blue with a hot intensity as the pair of lightsabers clashed against each other time after time, the sabers hissing and the two women wielders panted heavily. The focused brown eyes of the older woman locked onto the sharp blue eyes of the younger combatant and with a blur they were staring at long blonde hair, mostly put up in a braid. The older woman, with her purple lightsaber had flipped over her younger opponent and swung striking the blonde girl in the right hip. The girl gave a cry as she reached down and touched where she was struck and turned to face the person who had beaten her.

?That hurt!? complained the teenage girl as she switched off her lightsaber, blue blade disappearing in an instant.

?That?s nothing compared to what you would feel if we were fighting for real,? Jaina told her as she also switched off her saber.

The young girl shrugged and grinned, ?That?s why I?m not your enemy Master Solo.?

Jaina laughed and put her arm around the girl?s shoulders and walked with her out of the room, ?Always good to know Allya. Oh, and Allya, you don?t have to call me Master Solo, Jaina is fine.?

Allya smiled, ?I like calling you Master Solo, get used to it.? She winked and walked with the young Jedi Master out along the Jedi Academy of Yavin Four.
    Jaina shook her head and left Allya at the front of the Academy, where she had run into some friends. Friends, always good to have friends, she thought to herself as she came upon Kyp Durron.

?Hello Jaina, how was your session with Allya?? he asked curiously, his green eyes trained on her.

Jaina smiled and answered him, ?Oh you know how it is with Allya.?

?Intense??
    ?Oh yeah.?
    ?Top prospect in my opinion. She?ll be a great jedi knight.?
    ?Prospect? When did this become a sport? But, yes, she will be a great jedi. But she needs to focus more on the living force, she mostly just focuses on her saber skills. I heard she bested you,? Jaina smirked.

?Not true, I let her win, to boost up her confidence a little,? Kyp replied.
    ?Yeah, sure. If she really did best you, I want to see you go up against young Jari.?

?That ewok?? came a soft voice from behind Jaina. She looked and saw it was Tahiri.
    ?Yeah.?
    ?Well, I?m not sure I?ll give you the pleasure of seeing that match up then Jaina,?Kyp said
    ?Chicken,? laughed Jaina.
    Kyp shook his head and began to walk away, ?Well, I?ll see you two later, I have a meeting with your uncle.?

?See you around Kyp,? Tahiri and Jaina said together.
    When he was gone, Tahiri leaned against a small railing and tossed back some blonde hair.
    Jaina stood and folded her arms, watching her friend, while smelling her own sweat. She?d have to take a shower in a little bit.

?Yes Tahiri?? she asked.
    ?How are you doing Jaina?? Tahiri replied cutting straight to the chase.

?How am I doing? What do you mean? I?m doing just fine Tahiri,? she said flatly feeling a breeze pick up.

?You know what I mean Jaina and I?m just checking in on you, I?m your friend.?
    Jaina sighed, of course she knew what was meant. Jag. She wanted to know how she was doing ever since his death on that training mission...

She held back some tears and said unconvincingly, ?I?m fine.?
    Tahiri looked at her, opened her mouth to speak, but closed it and shook her head.
    ?Ok.?
    Jaina nodded, ?I think I?m going to go take a shower now.?

She turned and left without so much a backward glance at Tahiri. She knew that was rude, but she couldn?t hang around if the topic was to be about Jagged...oh how she missed hi

2. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Hey, great job!

I usually don't like Expanded Universe Star Wars because I think it's weird, but this fanfic is awesome Darth_Elu, keep up the awesome job and I cannot wait for the next chapter!

;) :D

3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Expanded Universe weird? What's wrong with you! :eek: lol jk :p

Thank you for your compliments AD. *bows* ;)

4. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    An Ewok Jedi, i'm not surprised. :p

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    And what's wrong with an ewok jedi i ask hmm? ;) :p

6. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    they're teddy bears.

7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    So what? :p

8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    can you see a Sith fighting an Ewok Jedi being serious or humorous?

9. Niff-tik-Ocsif

Niff-tik-Ocsif Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2003
    *enters*
    *reads*
    *sees that it is good*

tis good

and i see it as being serously funny

10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    If the Sith was smart he'd forget appearance and actually concentrate on the fight, so serious. ;) If you ask me, Yoda was quite comical, yet Sith took him serious because he was an enemy(and a powerful one at that).

And thank you for liking it Niff! :D It will get more serious later on i admit, but for now tis be light-hearted and if i can do well on it, humorous. ;)

11. Niff-tik-Ocsif

Nov 7, 2003
    when i said serously funny i mean a Sith fighting an ewok jedi

the story was funny too, i think, maybe....need cheese crackers

12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *laughs* I see, confused me there for a second. :p

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Upping my own fic here. :p I'm working on getting the new post ready, so you know. ;)

14. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    *pokepoke*

I like very muchly! :D

*leaves shirtpie as an offering for more*

15. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *grabs and devours the shirtpie* Thanks Jessie! :D ;)

Oh, and thanks for liking it. :D I'm working on another chapter, as soon as it's done, i'll post. ;) Been slightly busy.

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *kicks fic back to top* Alright people, I will post chapter 2 *AND* the first PtH songfic later today or sometime tomorrow, i'll do my best to get it today. ;)

17. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Here it is people. Chapter 2 of Prodding the Hurricane :D Oh, by the way, the first songfic shall also be posted soon...very soon. ;)

Chapter 2:

The ewok stood staring at the human boy, hands on his hips, his hood messed up and tilted to the right, covering up his left eye. The ewok?s fur was in all directions and the ewok?s friends, both human were laughing. But soon enough, so was the ewok.

The boy ran a hand through his medium-length black hair and laughed some more, ?You should have seen yourself Jari! Oh, man, that was funny!?

?Despite how mean that was Zev, I have to admit that was pretty funny, and Jari I?ve never seen an ewok look so messed up and yet be laughing before,? joked Allya.

?Laugh now. Pay later,? retorted Jari.

The three of them chuckled at that and helped Jari look a bit more presentable as a few republic soldiers walked by watching them and some other jedi trainees venturing around outside.

?Really sorry about that pal, but Jari, when I saw you climbing that tree, I just had to catch you off guard,? teased Zev.
    Jari shrugged and held up his hands in a ?oh well? gesture, ?It ok, it was fun.?
    Allya smiled at the ewok, ?I see you?ve been working on your language lessons, you?re starting to speak basic pretty well now.?
    ?Yep, I can say some words.?
    ?Can you say magnificent yet?? asked Zev with a wink.
    Jari stared at him and shook his head, ?No.?
    Zev grinned and shrugged, ?Oh well. Well I think it?s almost time for our lessons with Master Tionne.?
    ?That was yesterday you slug for brains,? teased Allya, ?we?re going to Master Kam today.?
    ?Oh,? replied Zev blankly.
    ?Easy lessons,? said Jari smugly, ?For kids.?
    Allya raised an eyebrow, ?You?re only a year older than Zev and just because you get special lessons with Master Skywalker doesn?t mean anything.?
    ?Yes.?
    ?Prove it you little furball,? joked Zev.

At that moment, Luke Skywalker called from the steps of the temple, ?Jari Chirpa! It is time for your lessons.?
    Jari did a little grin and called back, ?Easy??
    Luke folded his arms and looked at the ewok and his friends impatiently, ?I hope not. You need to learn after all, it?s a little bit more advanced than the stuff Kam teaches.?
    ?Ok,? chided Jari, who gave a last victorious smirk at Zev and Allya, then marched off behind Luke.

?The little thing mocks us sweetheart,? Zev spoke unbelievingly.
    ?Yeah he did, we?ll get him later, and please don?t call me sweetheart,? Allya hissed.
    ?Sure thing sweetheart.?
    ?You?ll die later, mark my words.?
    ?Got it sweetie.?
    ?Ugh, you?re so dead,? Allya stated as she left with Zev strolling beside her.

Zekk waved to Allya and Zev as they passed by heading to some lessons, he thought back to himself and Jaina when they were younger. Good times definitely, he thought. He turned a corner and saw Tionne standing outside with a small class of very young force adepts, teaching them about the force, gesturing to the plants around them every so often. She smiled and waved as Zekk went by and he waved back. Peaceful times again these were. He turned another corner and decided on getting a bite to eat when he came across Tahiri walking toward where he came.
    ?Hello Zekk,? she said.
    ?Hello Tahiri,? he said politely, ?how are you doing??
    ?I?m doing good, I talked with Raynar and helped Cilghal with some things.?
    ?I see. I?m going to get a bite to eat, care to join me?? Zekk asked.
    ?I wish I could, but I?m still doing a few things for Cilghal. Sorry,? Tahiri apologized.
    ?No problem, by the way have you seen Jaina around anywhere??
    ?Yes actually, she?s in her quarters last I knew. I..um, brought up the topic of Jagged and she just stalked away from me basically.?
    ?Oh. It hasn?t been that long after his death, it would still hurt...? Zekk murmured almost incoherently.
    ?Yeah...well, I hope she will be ok...oh, I better get going I?ll see you around Zekk.?
    ?Got it. Bye Tahiri.?

They waved and walked their ways, Zekk scanning for the mess hall. He had been thinking about going to Jaina and ta

18. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Ewoks smile? Actually come to think of it, the Ewoks in ROTJ could have been better. By better i mean their facial expressions.

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yes they do smile, just in the movies it seemed they didn't. :p

...my my, we are the critical one aren't we. :p

20. Anakins_other_Angel

Anakins_other_Angel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    *waves at elu* Hi!
    I've discovered a new board! :p

I like your story so far. I can't get over the Ewok jedi though. [face_laugh] I can't get this picture out of my head of him jumping around waving his lightsaber. :p

21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    He seems to be a hit. :p And thanks for liking my story so far. :D

And i'm glad to have introduced you to the great forum of Beyond The Saga fanfiction. Enjoy yourself here. ;)

22. Niff-tik-Ocsif

Nov 7, 2003
    Last time twas good, this time tis better (go Jari) good job.....need sleep. ///so far I really like this story

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Thanks Niff. :) I hope you all read the songfic soon too though. :p

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Upping this. I'm working on a new chapter, so hang in there folks.

25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Triple post! :eek: Yikes! Well, here's a teaser for Chapter 3 people. ;)

Teaser:

As another yawn emitted from Jari, Zev sprung forward and landed on the edge of the bed, yelling a fierce war cry that quickly turned to a shriek of horror as the Yuuzhan Vong sitting on the bed, scowled and lurched at him, amphistaff swinging at his head.....

[face_devil] [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.