1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA Production thread for "The Path of Darkness"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by tenacious_dee, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome to the official forum thread for "Star Wars: The Path of Darkness"

The film explores the events surrounding the Sith War and follows the Jedi padawan Will as he is lured to the dark side of the force.

Pre-production is progressing steadily and casting is almost complete. At the moment we are assembling secondary crew and filling out the last few cast roles.

Available Crew Roles:

Director of Photography
    2nd Assistant Directors
    Production Assistants
    Set Designer
    Set builders
    Costume Coordinator
    3D Modellers (using 3D studio max)
    Make-up Artist
    Webmaster
    Publicist

The support for this film has been overwhelming, with offers of support from many businesses, studios and acting organisations. It is very encouraging to see so many talented professionals getting involved on the project.

Our next major event will be our film test day in a few weeks time. On the day we will be holding screen tests and a test fight run by some of our professional stunt men. Unfortunately we will only be able to bring cast and crew along on the day but there will be oppurtunities for spectators to see the project in action in the future.

Anyone who is interested in the project is encouraged to reply to this thread.

2. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    so tell me... what crew/cast do u have already
  3. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    i could be ur webmaster if u want....
  4. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've been looking around the place for anyone into filmmaking, how many films have been made from this group?
  5. Str8JaktJim Force Ghost

star 1
    I'll be in it. Do we get to see a script or something?
  6. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    As Ive always said I'm willing to lend a hand in what I can. Id love to see some Star Wars fan films be made here in WA.
  7. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Has anyone ever seen Steve Martin's "Bowfinger" ?
  8. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    yes MisFit I have, and my production team and I will be making this film in a similar style.
  9. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Bowfinger? How could anyone forget that film :D
  10. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    That movie was great! the way the main character tells some people he has "so & so" on board to get others on, the way he lies to actors producers and the like about who he can get and for how much to just make it look to everyone else that they are the only ones not on baord, it was a classic example of a conman using all his wits to bend the truth and make it seem to everyone he was working with that he had the backing of a major studio and their best people.

so tenacious, similar style hey? ;)
  11. Reactor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey tenacious- you know me. I discussed post production with you, audition day.

It's true MisFitToy, we decided the best way to get people on board was to rip the main plotline from Bowfinger, and translate it into a Starwars film. Imagine Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy with lightsabers, a whole pile of imperial droids, and you're getting close to how hillarious this movie is going to be! The whole production is so much like bowfinger, even the making of it is sounding as if its been ripped from the movie! Problem is, we don't have anyone to play Heather Graham's part. Would you be up for it?

Note: the above may or may not be true.
  12. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    if it were true, it would be the most amount of info freely given about the project yet!
  13. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK you want more info on the project.

At the moment we have the following crew members:
    Director
    Executive Producer
    Producers
    Writers
    Editor
    Script continuity supervisor
    Stunt coordinater/ fight choreographer
    1st assistant director
    Prop maker
    Art director
    as well as many people auditioning for cast roles.

The story is set 4000 years before the clone wars and follows a Jedi padawan's journey to the dark side after the murder of his master (thus the title)

Filming will commence in February and will involve shooting on location all over Perth as well as on set.

What else do you want to know?
  14. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    sure, why are you so defensive? i post a couple of fun remarks because you boys don't quite add up and you both get so snooty!
    makes a girl laugh [face_laugh]
  15. Reactor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Uhm... who got snooty?

*looks around*
  16. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey whatever it takes to ge you lads to actually say something! but aside from having your casting day the same time as one of the other films you've also managed to try and post stuff to get others to spill about their films while staying secret about what it is you boys are up to and if it takes a little smart arse like me to come and stir you into actually posting useful info then so be it!

got an email prospective cast can contact you on for a script? or are your "pros" still working on it? :p
  17. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    oh misfitroy i love you!!!! you post everythig i wanna post
  18. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    lol.. next thing u know s_o_e will be using the "my hands are dirty too.." line ;)
  19. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    "I'll have what she's having....." :)
  21. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    if his hands are dirty he can go wash them himself! :)
  22. Reactor Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've only just joined the crew for the flick, so I can't say much at all. You'll just have to wait until tenacious swings on by and lays down the details. Since it's obvious to everyone on this board of your writing prowess, we'd be honoured if you'd read over the script.
  23. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    LOL! settle down little boy :)
  24. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh, that tells us something, not even the crew know what its about...... :p

Seriously guys, if you are going to be so dark and mysterious about all this, you gotta expect a ribbing...... I mean it is a fan film for christs sake, we are not talking about the latest James Cameron blockbuster or anything, you are amature film-makers.......grow up and get over yourselves.

Currently, for all your talk, you seem to have absolutly nothing, no script, no cast, a limited crew, and a bunch of so called "proffesionals" who remain nameless, and can't figure out where to get things used in their own proffesion. Why shouldn't everyone on here remain dubious as to your credentials?

You basically seem like a bunch of kids who shot their mouths off once too often, and can't produce the goods to back up your story. Honestly I hope I'm wrong, and I wish you all the best in making your film, I can't wait to see it, but if I am right, I think I'll be waiting in vain.

Remember guys, this is a open and public forum, if you dont wish to make anything public, maybe you are advertising in the wrong place........

Just my 2c worth.....

DS
  25. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol

more like ur 2 dollars ds

interesting script....

seems like a lot of random remarks, takes and impersonations...in my own opinion...perhaps i should finish reading it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.