main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Production thread for "The Path of Darkness"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by tenacious_dee, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reactor

Reactor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2003
    Please, give us a really good ribbing (uh man- that sounds really bad) because it looks like the crew from this fanfilm are going to keep things really mysterious. Why? I dunno... maybe they (and that's anyone other than myself) would like to see you surprised instead of "Oh... yeah, well I read that in the script already." I'd tell you everything... but then, I'm like that. Some people like to hype up big mysterious projects, just like this, and that hyping can pay off in a big way. If the movie sucks, well hey, you can always poke fun at tenacious for the rest of his life.

Btw, I'm 12 years old, have really bad acne, and know nofin abowt riting at al and im lonely as well so could yuos be my firnds and this move-e will be a james cameran blockbusta!!!!!!!!11

2. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    The main problem as I see it is that tenacious_dee and others seem to want to know a hell of a lot without giving anything in return......... wanting to know where to get stuff (that one has already had the crap taken out it, so I won't bother this time), wanting to know what stunts etc, but so far no-one has heard diddly back.......

In all honesty it looks like someone has absolutley no idea what they are doing and is going to nick everyone elses ideas.

I mean lets do the math here......

1. tenacious_dee is a newbie (sorry about the term, but its true), and so therefore, hasn't been on here long enough to build up a level of trust with others on here. Why should anyone take him seriously, when he seems to be spouting piles of BS. He seems to have found the FanFilm Shangri-la. All pros working on it, a budget, support from businesses etc. Seems a little too good to be true, especially when we have people in very high places working on the other fanfilms, and they still can't get anyhwhere near that kind of support.

2. We have a lot of talk that seems to contradict itself....... proffesional stuntmen/fight choreographers who dont know where to get abseiling gear from. I mean really, I have only done minor fight choreography for a few plays, and I know where to get that kind of stuff, and if I didn't at least I would have the common sense to look in the Yellow Pages. You think one of the "proffesionals" would be smart enough to do the same.

3. I know it's a minor point but tenacious_dee isn't even creative enough to make up a username for these boards that is original, what proof do we have that he has a brilliant script that all these businesses are willing to support?

It all seems a little dodgy to me....

And if you want a ribbing, then you shall have one......

Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah :p

DS

3. tenacious_dee

tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    That's for the constructive criticism Soup.
    1. Not everyone on our film are professionals. We have about 3 or 4 professional actors in leading roles and our stunt team, the rest are either film students (like me and our production team) or just star wars fans. A budget, when did I mention anything about a budget? I'll have to get onto the producers about that one. And yes we have had support from sword fighting groups, hardware stores, electronics stores, movie theaters, etc. It's really not that hard to do, just go to a business that can offer a service you need, look professional and negotiate a deal with the management.
    2. I've covered this already.
    3. Isn't this a bit of a specious comment coming from the guy formerly known as StoneyMcStoner.

4. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Of course, I hardly think that posting a few details on this little WA forum will mean that the movie will be spoiled for the thousands of people across the globe who like to watch fan films. Unless of course, they're worried we'll all think it's so good that we'll hype it up like Knight Quest and it will be spoiled for everyone. [face_plain]

5. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I didnt think Knightquest was that bad and most of the hype came from people looking forward to the film rather then the people actually making it. All lessons to be learned thou.

6. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Well in reply to your, well, I suppose it was supposed to be a comeback to point three, but I really can't be sure, Tenacious D is a world famous comedy Duo, and last time I checked StoneyMcStoner was well, um, me. Looks like I managed to come up with something, that describes me fairly well I believe. And well you still took the name of someone else because you have no imagination.

BTW, what sword fighting groups do you have the support of, because I know one of the other films has the support of a few......

DS

7. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    I haven't released a lot of details about the film for a number of reasons.
    1. I don't spend a lot of time on this forum, I'm too swamped working on the film.
    2. I can't mention anything without first clearing it with the producers.
    3. I don't want to over-hype the film. At the moment it will run for about an hour and some of the scenes are so difficult to shoot and potentially costly that they may not be completed.

* I was going to keep the coruscant chase under wraps but as it turns out I'm gonna need all of you guys to help just to pull it off. Hey! who wants to be an anonymous coruscant pedestrian?

8. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    I use the name tenacious_dee because my last name is dee

last time I checked StoneyMcStoner was the alias of silent bob

9. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Pick Me! Pick Me! I can be... SoulKrusher the black figure.

Being that this IS a production thread how were you going to pull off the coruscant scene (althou I havnt seen the script Ive done dis sort of thing before so I may beable to help).

10. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    And where did you find that out, hmmmmmmm?

Last time I checked, and believe me I know everyone of the Kevin Smith movies word for word, and the Clerks animated series and all the short films made by Kevin Smith, there has never been a mention of that.....

Where are you coming up with this rubbish?

DS

11. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    Well SK the chase will be a combination of bluescreen shots, fully cgi shots and shots on location in the perth cbd integrated with a coruscant skyline and doctored to remove small details.

Either that or build a set of some coruscant streets (for those who can't tell this last part is sarcastic)

12. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't know Soup

How about I start calling myself Smokey McPot.

13. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Go ahead and call yourself that, show us that you have even less imagination, seeing as you have to copy me...... However if you do smoke pot and happen to be Scottish go right ahead, I have no problem with it....

BTW, where do you get the idea that I have a problem with you from?

I just want to see some degree of proof that what you have is kosher, so far everything you say seems to be a pipedream, and I can't take that at face value.....

Give us some faith, and we can do similar...

DS

14. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    I've got no problem with you Soup.

All I'm asking for is a little patience and fith from you guys. I know it's a big undertaking but I wouldn't have started it if I didn't think that my team and I could pull it off.

15. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Thats the point though, you are asking for faith, but by not giving us details, you are denying us of the same.

If you had maybe posted the script, maybe people would have been impressed and offered to take up the major crew roles. Hell I know if I could see the script, and I liked it, I would be willing to help out in an Assistant Producer role if you want to know all the legalities behind it all.

And I know I am repeating myself, but what sword groups do you have support from?

DS

16. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    If you can't give me faith then patience would suffice.

I don't have the script on-line to post a link to yet.

Our main support (and fight extras) are from the Circle of the Sword fight group

17. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Hmmmmmmm, almost all the major cast in the other fan flic are CotS members......

Who from CotS is in it if you don't mind me asking?

DS

18. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Posting of the script would definately have helped, cant argue with that! Unless your George Lucas you cant really ask people to help out on something they know nothing about.

The coruscant scene seems interesting, do you mind if I ask what size lens on your camera you will be using to shoot those scenes?

19. Reactor

Reactor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2003
    Heh- give a little faith, expect a little back. It doesn't work that way you know ;) Someone says "have faith" and the other says "okay".

What is faith? It's belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
    (that's the dictionary meaning, just in case I sound really smart there)

20. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    I never said I expected it, but it would be damn nice........courtesy goes a long way...

DS

21. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    Is their any way I can post the script on the forum?

John McLean from circle of the sword is our fight choreographer, he has organised the other fight crew.

I'm not sure what lens we will be using at the moment. The chase isn't till the end of the shoot.

22. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Man no wonder I hadn't heard about it...... John hasn't been at training since November...... gonna have to slap that boy when I see him tomorrow...

DS

23. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Tenacious_dee.. You can post links to http space if you have the script in a common pc based text format. (.doc, txt, .wp etc)

To get it there, either sign up at some free web-hosting site (most iinet clients get free webspace) or find someone willing to put it up for you. I am willing to host it if you want.

24. tenacious_dee

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll post the script or parts of it when we get the film's website up and running

25. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    something about all this seems alittle......

ambitious.

professional actors? ur going to PAY professional actors? ur going to PAY professional stuntmen?

and i guess u've got 30,000 bucks lined up from somwhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.