1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th June)

Oz Comic Con: Sydney (10th-11th September), Brisbane (17th-18th September)

FF:WA Production thread for "The Path of Darkness"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by tenacious_dee, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling

star 3
    i hope you all know that they are considering

EMINEM

to be the next BATMAN
  2. SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan

star 4
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

<big breath>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling

star 1
    can we get back on topic here people
  4. MisFitToy Jedi Youngling

star 3
    eh, they haven't had a decent actor yet play batman, why ruin tradition? but i'll agree eminem is scraping the bottom a of a very dirty barrel.
  5. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    as much as i hate batman, i hate that little $!#* eminem even more!!! me and my hommies are gonna put a stop to this tryhard rapper :)
  6. tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just a reminder that our screen test day is tomorrow.

For anyone that is interested it starts at 10am at the Trinity college hall.
  7. tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just looking over the script I have noticed that we could do with a few more fx guys to help share out the shots. Anyone interested?
  8. MisFitToy Jedi Youngling

star 3
    it's a pity you couldn't let anyone actually read over the script ahead of time, not the way it's done professionally imo... [face_plain]
  9. tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I've got the script continuity supervisor checking over the shooting script at the moment. It will be available on the screen test day and I'll post it online soon.
  10. SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah thanks I'll come along... that way I can check your script out :D

EDIT: Hey SJ you dont mind if I drop in on my way home do ya? Even if your not ther I can just make myself at home right... cheers mate! :D
  11. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    "continuity supervisor"
    LOL!!! AHAHAAAHHAAAA
  12. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Make your way home when sk?

Im guessing you meant last night.. (ie: sat nite)
  13. monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling

star 3
    lol S_O_E,

they need someone else to make sure it makes sense

of course
  14. tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling

star 1
    hey, we had our screen test day today
    we've now filled all of our lead roles and written our biggest lightsaber fight. everything turned out well and the movie is starting to shape up well.
  15. MisFitToy Jedi Youngling

star 3
    anyone from here attend?
  16. monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling

star 3
    do u know what a screen test is?

is when they show people the roughly finished movie in post-production to see wat people think.

for some reason...i dont think you had a screen test...
  17. Tarryn_Whiteheart Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Good grief, folks, good natured sledging is one thing, but give the guy a break =).
    I was going to go along to the casting meet, but had RL commitments take over (Just got back from overseas after a World Tour with my wife, so there's a lot of catching up to do)
    I joined the forum because I thought I could join a community of like-minded individuals who wanted to promote the art of making Star Wars based Fanfilms. For those who have given me their thoughts and ideas on the Location thread I started, thanks a great deal, but when I see a local being hacked to death because he doesn't have the right WORDS, that just makes me shake my head and wonder if there is any value being here. If it turns out that Tenacious's project is all smoke and mirrors, which a number of folk seem to think it is, then it will fade away, and you can all laugh to your heart's content, but to have a guy given so much grief that he says "screw it" and gives up, would be a sad, sad thing, especially as, to my understanding, NOBODY on this Forum has completed a published Fanfilm here yet.

So, please, offer advice and constructive criticism / assessment if you feel the need, but if you're just out to slap the guy down, either choose not to reply, or PM him.

This is precisely my 4th post on this Board, but time of registration has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
  18. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ta Tarryn.. I was goin to say somethin.. but really you've said it all..

T_D.. What kind of fx you after?
  19. Dingbat Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Monkey, you're thinking of a "test screening" not a "screen test". A screen test is part of the casting process where you film the actors reading their lines too see how they look on screen.

Anyway, I agree with Tarryn_Whiteheart. I know to us who've been around here a little while, what Tenacious_dee has been saying sounds a little unbelievable. But just because you don't think he's going to pull it off doesn't mean you should try to discourage him from trying to pull it off. If Tenacious does pull off everything he's talking about, then it will definately open up a whole lot of opurtunities for furtue WA FanFilms, as well as making a prett cool film to watch. So Tenacious, seriously, best of luck mate! I really do hope you pull this off, I look forward to watching it!

Also, I know some of Tenacious's posts are probably to blame for the "FanFilm Wars". Stuff like having a casting on day on the same day as another FanFilm. Then the stunt post that had a sort of "MY FANFILM WILL HAVE THE COOLEST STUNTS! WHAT WILL YOURS HAVE? NONE! HA!" subtone to it when I read it. I'd hope that both of those weren't done that way on purpose, but even if they were, two wrongs don't make a frickin' right.

Anyway, if you don't like what someone's doing with their fanfilm, just don't get envolved, don't bash it.
  20. Reactor Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm about a day or so from finishing my first fanflim ;)

I tend to agree with Tarryn that a movie will fade away and die if it is a smoke a mirror production. How about a little encouragement instead, eh guys?

I wasn't able to attend, but a friend of mine (that's superman's OTHER secret identity for the synical) was able to. I was talking to him about it the other day.

(a fact I'm sure you're all AMAZED to learn about)
  21. MisFitToy Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ok Taryn, we were a bit harsh, but i mean c'mon! he had to expect at least some ribbing, and biting back like that will only always encourage more.
    if he makes the film or not, i still find his aproach and attitude very entertaining :)
  22. Tarryn_Whiteheart Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hehe, don't get me wrong, I think that sledging and verbal dueling is a very important part of the creative process ;) and I fully expect it when I post my Film details when I'm moving into Production.... just as long as it doesn't move into the realms of "Attack", which only serves to destroy community ;)

Nice pic, by the way ;).
  23. Reactor Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You see!
    Good pic = popularity x 5000.
  24. MisFitToy Jedi Youngling

star 3
    well if i posted my real pic i'd just get stalkers :p so why not use a pic of a girl who already has stalkers?

entire internet boards full of them :p
  25. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Tenacious_Dee, from what I have heard you've actually got a pretty cool script etc going. Ignore all the rubbish that's said on these boards... Request to get this thread closed down and start it again (without the de-railing present, of course) if you want. But don't be scared off, I'd be interested in knowing how all three (or are there more) fanfilms are going. Regular updates are always good. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.