main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Proejct Dagobah for Jedi Academy

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by dagobahx, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagobahx

dagobahx Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    I am the leader of a new project for Jedi Academy. We are working on a Dagobah map which includes atleast the following;

.yoda's hut inside and out
    . The cave
    . The X wing that can be lifted out of the swamp
    . the swamp
    . the vicious terrain of Dagobah.

Our Current team:

Juggernut , experienced mapper.

Iswer, modeler , mapper, musician .

Myself, graphics artist

Working conditions :

This is a flexible and considerate project. We consider working hours and student obligations. It's flexible in that regard , however we expect good work when any work is given. We will not tolerate anything but your best. When you need a break it will be given happily. We hold no bars around our work force but we will not accept slackers that in the long run forget the project all together. Therefor this project demands equal consideration to all members, you must inform atleast the head of the project ,me, of any work finished or delayed for this project. We are understanding of any "real" reasons as to why you can not work on the project at a certain time, there are no dead lines...but we will not allow any one to be "missing in action"

We are a happy bunch of fans just looking for talented moddlers and mappers, if you wish to join this growing project then please contact me here ASAP. Thank you.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
  3. dagobahx

dagobahx Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    ACtually it is kind of funny after reading it.

BOW TO ME!! I AM YOUR MASTER!!!

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Just to let you know, a Dagobah map sounds REALLY boring. To me anyway, I can't speak for the other 7 people who post here.

5. Med_21B

Med_21B Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2004
    What do you do? Is it just for the sake of modelling it, or do you plan to incorporate it into the JA story somehow?

_Max

6. dagobahx

dagobahx Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    We just wanted to make it so that you could "visit" those places however, anything created could be used in future releases of videos or anything else that can be dreamed of.

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Most maps are usually made by one person right?
    Ans: Right.

Also, most single maps aren't really released with such a fanfare and stuff (unless they're really good and massassi says that they're awesome), so like, if your mapper is really experienced, can he not just get on with it?

8. dagobahx

dagobahx Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    LOL what are you on about ? We are a bunch of friends, and talent just working on a map. I dont give a damn how you view our greatness, its what we do with it that counts....

9. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    ...greatness right?
    How many other "proejcts" have you done and where are they?

10. dagobahx

dagobahx Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    Every person has greatness to some extent. People worth a damn just believe in themselves and that it is there. It is basically how someone becomes "greater" in life. I hold all my mappers in high esteem they all have experience and I support it so that it may further grow.

Oh just so that you know the Midgar project one of the most impressive had over 7 members constructing it.

"fanfare" LOL!!! HAHAHA. Im just looking for someone who wants to have fun with us mapping. Im not advertising all over the net looking for glory but I wont shun anyone's attempts on my team to be glorious. Without an ego , a mapper might as well have no expectations at all for his project.

Dagobah is a very complicated world to map, and the more minds on the project the better....Im not a sour taste, I am just being care free looking for people who can help us when and if we need it. I dont mind people helping , I think its a beautiful thing . I welcome it.

Im confident in my mappers abilities but I remain open minded towards what is out there. Every mapping experience is a learning experience, maybe someone out there will some day be the greatest of mappers and just maybe I will find that person and inspire him or her . They did not ask for me to seek out other memmebers for the project that was my own doing. I have confidence in the team but even average joes can have good ideas. Besides even good mappers some times need a good texture artist, or concept artist or ETC ETC

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Like, 8?

12. dagobahx

dagobahx Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    No more like atleast 8.

13. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
  14. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Perhaps ten.

15. dagobahx

dagobahx Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    Exactly , you all get it at least that many but its an uncertain number. At least it is for me. Could be 12 even.

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    12?

Wicked.

17. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Dagobah. Complicated?

you have a round hut, small at that (which you can probably pilfer from another map/mode) An X-Wing (which you can probably pilfer from another map/mode), a cave, some swamp and trees dotted around the place.

mmmmmmmmmmm complex. I can see you'll need at least 150 people, all designing different trees. You can't possibly use the same tree twice... I mean no two trees grow the same!

You know, you could kill two birds with one stone... or 150 people. Make two maps, identical, but name the second kashyyyk. No one will notice.

18. dagobahx

dagobahx Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    Why is everyone a smart ass...or atleast think that they are?

1st off no one has every made a descent hut for a video game , 2nd off we arent that lame and are doing it ourselves.

I really dont know if any tree grows the same or not honestly. But there is a lot more to dagobah than a few trees here and there. We are going to do a good job with the map so we know better than to think that the map is that damn simple and BORING...unlike some people. Thank you.

I think you are out to lunch , we only wanted one or 2 modelers not 150...your vision seems to be skewed. They should be able to handle trees, that isnt what makes it complicated. We are making it complicated so that it is interesting and well done, high expectations all the way. They are trying to make it as accurate as possible , your ideal map for us sounds HALF ASS....and very boring. This map wont be.

We also have to model many of the swamp creatures. Which may not be the most difficult thing but it is a lot of work. Unless you are a modeler that does not do any work but some how models...you should be able to appreciate a "good" model as opposed to some one's ripped off model from another map....LAME, also so SIMPLE. We have more intelligence, and skill than to have to rip things off from other maps which is so simple and so very lame, and boring...and under-achieved.

I really dont think that we will kill anything, maybe irate fools giving us a hard time for no real reason.

19. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Or just paint everything white and call it Hoth.
    MAN, I'd love to see more Hoth levels.

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Welcome to the Games Forum! :)

21. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    So, the Indy thread isn't an exception to how people act in this section, huh? Jeez.

22. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Not that I'm going to stand up for JP or SFL or anything, but what you're saying is, "You people aren't agreeing with my obviously correct and infallible opinions, so i'll make a comparrison in this thread."

I will play a the worlds smallest violin for you when I get the strength up.

23. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Not at all. I just find it strange that since I have a different opinion, that I've actually backed up, I obviously must need to chill and get my blood pressure checked, to paraphrase SFL. And now here we have someone asking nicely for help on this project, and people feel the need to pounce on him for no reason, including you. Or maybe the reason is "for the lulz", I think that's what they call it these days. Now, you may think that's a valid reason, but I don't, as I think it's very unbecoming of someone and makes them look like a jerk. And as long as this remains a public forum, I'll speak my mind, thanks. How about you mod or something, like you're supposed to do. Unless "Managers Emeritus" do something else, though I doubt it's what you've done in this thread.

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The thing is we see so many mod ideas / help requests / Total Conversion ideas posted here. You know how many have resulted in anything at all. Even a playable skin from the mod?

Let me remember...

ZERO

And before you tell me to 'go do something then'. I have. JK, JO, JA and LEGO Star Wars.

25. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    We used to ignore threads like this.
    Obviously, it is becoming more fun not to.

PS. Would you prefer a dirge in Am or Em?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.