main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Professional Fight Scene...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by drippyzeo, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Not sure if anyone will find this useful, but there's an interesting little behind-the-scenes snippet of a fight between Lucy Liu and Antonio Banderas here from their upcoming movie. I thought it was interesting how they have her back to the camera when Lucy starts pummeling Antonio, so you can't see that she doesn't actually land her punches.

And even if this isn't useful, it sure is cool. :D

2. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    thats crazy yo

3. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    cool, i think the movie looks dumb though...but that's just me.

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    No it's not just you Brent...

5. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    the movie looks stupid because of the name.....it sounds like some comic book....BATMAN VS SPAWN...when you got that VS in there it sounds like a sporting event, not a movie....and thenn all of the clips just show them fighting....that and the name makes it look like a 10 minute fight scene...and then thats it.

6. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Uhhhhhh....have we forgotten who is IN this movie???? Some dude named Ray Park. You might have heard of him before... 8-} Personally, I can't wait for this one. Sage.

7. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    Ray Park is in it? Does he have more than 2 lines in this movie?

8. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    Yes he's in it. And... it's the first movie where he doesn't wear any makeup or greenscreen on his face. He plays a bad guy agent tracking down one of the main characters. Looks VERY promising. Sage.

9. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    is he in the trailer?

10. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    I'm not sure... the only time I've seen him was in a magazine article and he was in the air kicking someone else while he was holding a hand gun. I thought it looked pretty sweet myself. Sage.

11. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    More to the point of the thread ( as apposed to a thread on weather the movie will suck) Yes thats a common trick to position the camera to where you cant quite see the blows. Making a fight look good is half choreography and half camera work/editing.

12. hoofinla

hoofinla Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002

Choregrpahy and camera angles... or like in EP.1 when Maul kicks Obi off that platform and he falls 40 feet onto his shoulder and it doesnt dis-locate (always hated that, but I play it off as super Jedi bones) anywho he was actaully like a foot away from his face or wherever he kicked during shooting and then they spliced Ewan closer to his foot.
    - J -

13. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    As for the falling long distances without being hurt, remember that the Force can be used to cushion a blow among its other uses.

One of the reasons a fight involving Force abilities has the potential to be much more thrilling than any straight-out kung fu movie (with the exceptions of CTHD and Matrix, which would have made Jedi scratch their heads in bewilderment).

14. hoofinla

hoofinla Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002

Scott... thank you for bringing that up.. mainly because thats what I was thinking to, but I didn't know if it sounded to retarded... so I went with Obi drinks his milk and his bones are calcium strong, which actually may be more retarded yet at the time made sense. Thanx for the thougth brutha. Bye for now. - J -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.