main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Profuse Thanks from decloaking BDD, WEG, and NJO author -- Tyers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Shmi52, Dec 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNapoleon

DarthNapoleon Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    I think its great that you post on here. its like you listen to us as fans and knwo what we want to see. I thought both TaB and BP were awesome. BP just wowed me. thanks for writing great stories.

2. JEDIAKASH

JEDIAKASH Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2000
    Wow, I never thought to be able to contact you, Ms. Tyers. It is a great honor. Balance Point was so amazingly written. I finished all in one sitting (in the bookstore) and loved every breathtaking sentence. Also, Truce at Bakura is a wonderful story. I want to live up to your name and prowess someday. :)

3. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Hey Kathy...remember this thread from long ago? :)

4. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Anyone remember this? Interesting to look back on some of this stuff. :)

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Are you working on your Index, Kadue ? ;)

6. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Great to see you here. I loved Firebird and hope for more Christian Sci-Fi.

Balance Point was one of the best NJO.

7. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    ditto /|\

8. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Don't wanna sound like a brownnose or anything but who cares. I have to say I liked Balance Point! I have really enjoyed all the hardcovers so far.

I also liked how you handled the Leia/Han relationship parts in the book. Luke/Mara too.

And Jacen .

Your wrighting of the spacebattles in the book were also good.

But about that Jacen, Tsavong Lah incident.... :( ....I guess I can live with it ;) :D :D .

9. kz1000_jay

kz1000_jay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2001
    KT, what a pleasure to see you on this forum. TAB was the first SW novel I read, and I have re-read it several times. Loved it! I am, I think, the oldest person around here at 56, and my fascination with the SW universe has not waned a bit over the years. I think a lot of readers here who are upset by recent events in the SW universe would do well to re-read TAB. Then perhaps they would be gently reminded that they will "...have joy later. The cosmos balances."
    Regards,
    Jay

10. Shmi52

Shmi52 Author of New Jedi Order: Balance Point star 3 VIP

Nov 20, 1999
    For goodness sake. I thought this thread died a year ago.

Thank you so much, JEDIAKASH, Kadue, NabooQueen, beafet, T_L, Bubba, and Jay. It was an honor and a privilege to be asked to write BALANCE POINT. I'm delighted to find out when people enjoyed reading it.

I can't keep up with individual posts any more, since I'm busy writing another science fiction novel for Bethany House Publishers. It's not in the same universe as FIREBIRD, FUSION FIRE, and CROWN OF FIRE, but it's a stand-alone. The working title is SUN DUST, and it will probably be released in 2003.

MTFBWYA,
    Kathy

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Whoa. This thread is old.

1999? Wow.

So, Kathy, what do you do in your free time? Hobbies?

12. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Sorry Kathy, I only brought it up to stop it from being deleted. [face_blush]

13. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    Hey, I must agree with the crowd! Balance Point was a great story with wonderful characterization and a thought-provoking storyline! But then again, I really have enjoyed all of the NJO novels!

14. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Yeah and Kathy, your recent story in Star Wars Gamer was good too. Although I admit I wish it was a Tinian story.

15. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Yes, "Rebel Bass" was outstanding!

16. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    YOU are outstanding-- your writings can always shed light, hope and humor through the darkest settings: the Vong, the Cantina, Jabba's Palace, the Wookie Prison...

In other words, I love your short stories, Balane Point is my favorite NJO book, and I'm looking forward to 2003 :)

17. VILLIEMACE

VILLIEMACE Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2001
    Hi Kathy

I have only just learned you are on the forums. A belated WELCOME

I have got Truce at Bakura but have not had the chance to read it yet. will do shortly.

I like it when Star Wars authors go on forums. It lets their fans know they are interested in what they have to say.

Anyway just wanted to wish You a Merry christmas and a happy new year

best wishes Villimace.

If you want to contact me, my E-mail address is Sirtomhealey@hotmail,com

18. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    Just wanted to say hey, Kathy.

And that I just got your firebird trilogy and am going to begin on it as soon as I finish Jedi aprentice #16.

19. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow, I must say it's a pleasure for you to grace us with your presence Kathy! Please excuse the newbie for his tardiness but I've only just become aware to your activity here. Gosh, I hope the early birds aren't the only ones to get the worm because I had a couple of questions about your writting in general that I hoped you could answer. I know your not a one-woman writting course but I figured there was no harm in asking: ;)

1)How do you approach the writting of your novels? Do you work by piecing together fragments like a jig saw puzzle (my method :) ) or do you go about it in a linear/chronological fashion?

~thanks for reading THIS far~
    2)Were you approched to write TaB and start from there or did you already have a finished work and submitted it to be published?

Thanks, hope to hear from you!

20. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Sorry, one more question if I may: Do you ever find your self in the pues writting story ideas instead sermon notes? Gosh, it happens to me all the time! ~Ciao.

21. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I do, and my dad's a pastor...I'm there, in my own little world, writing about the occurances on some small planet...then I glance up, and my father is glaring at me from the pulpit...how embarrassing. :)

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Ah!! The great Kathy, an honour to be in the presence of your thread.

I commend you for all your SW works, they are all examples of the rare but real 'well written Sci-Fi!'

The NJO is great and i would love to hear if you are ever tasked with another foray into the GFFA.
    (Maybe your one of the authors being invited back???)

At any rate, i loved reading this thread, and once again, thank you for your books. They are a gift to all of us here at the boards, and we can not begin to repay you for the joy and contentment we have recieved from the reading of them.

Sincerely,
    Protege-of-Thrawn.

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Ah!! The great Kathy, an honour to be in the presence of your thread.

I commend you for all your SW works, they are all examples of the rare but real 'well written Sci-Fi!'

The NJO is great and i would love to hear if you are ever tasked with another foray into the GFFA.
    (Maybe your one of the authors being invited back???)

At any rate, i loved reading this thread, and once again, thank you for your books. They are a gift to all of us here at the boards, and we can not begin to repay you for the joy and contentment we have recieved from the reading of them.

Sincerely,
    Protege-of-Thrawn.

24. unknown_jedi

unknown_jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    wow! A real sw author!

not to pester, but it's been one of my dreams to write a starwars novel...:s if I ever get published at all...how do you get in? just mail 'em a manuscript?

25. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Lemme answer that one... [face_devil]

First you gotta write a few non-SW works (mainly in the SF/Fantasy field, I guess).
    Get them published.
    Then, if you're good, lucky, and Lucasfilm Licensing is interested in your work, then you might receive an invitation to write a SW novel.
    You don't contact them, they contact you.

And BTW, for more contacts with real SW authors, then you may want to check the Authors & Artists board. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.