main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Progect Mayhem

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Ultimate_Mamas_Boy, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    AKA practice. When and where?
    Lets say at derek's, some one throw out a day and time.

2. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    All right, Mr. Durden, let's say, saturday, 7? How is that?

3. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    i was just thinking, since i don't have a place to offer, that maybe we could utilize a park or something for practice sometimes? i'm sure derek wouldn't mind having a practice at his place since he's offered before, but i remember him mentioning that there wasn't much shade. does anyone else have any feelings on this? a park would be nice and grassy, with plenty of space, and shade. all we'd need to do is bring some beverages and we'd be set.

4. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    ok then what about in the afternoon at a park in exeter? REAL lightsabers after dark.

5. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    sounds good to me. while it's still very hot, i saw on the weather channel that it's only supposed to be 96 this saturday. plus, i know a handful of people that would really like to see us fight, but don't have the means of getting to like P'vile or Tipton.

my only thing with practicing in the park is that a) we'll definitely get a crowd, which isn't exactly what i want when i'm trying to learn new stuff, and b) it's exeter, law enforcement is sure to drop by (even if just to get a good look themselves).

6. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    Better the cops than the fire department ................. again.

7. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    hahaha. I vote for Derek's place.

8. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    well, i don't really want to involve any of the "kind" public service departments, particularly those of exeter, so i'm going to check with the city before we have a practice here. tell me now if we're doing it this week cuz i'll have to find out pretty quickly.

9. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    Ok dereks it is, if he aprooves, and has directions?

10. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    Yes, we can hold it at my house. I will send you all directions via PM tonight.

-Derek

11. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    rock on. haha, derek, that means you're going to have to bust open some boxes...

12. derekm001

May 18, 2005
    Not this weekend... but maybe in the future, once I get off my lazy (you know what) and move everything into the SW room. Just not motivated enought right now. :)

-Derek

13. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    All right, Derek, better get started on making those ribs!!! j/k

14. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    I was thinking maybe friday instead, no real reason, does that work better or worse for any one?

15. derekm001

May 18, 2005
    Saturday would be better for me, only because I won't have any time to prepair and won't even get home until 6 pm. I was hoping to go get some plastic chairs on Saturday morning. Plus do a bit of shopping for munchies. But if you really want it on Friday... that's ok. Well just have to wing it. Order Pizza or something. :)

-Derek

16. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    I don't know about everyone else, but Friday is always better for me than Saturday. It's easier for me to arrange an overnight visit to my mom's for my daughter (which means i can stay as late as i want) and i don't have to get up early the next morning (i always have to get up early on Sunday). But if Saturday is better for Derek/ everyone else that's fine too, i'm not picky.

17. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    I agree with liz. I'm off Fridays so it works out better, but like she said, it is Derek's place, so I'll take what I can get. If saturday is better for him, then all right.

18. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    ok lets think about this. how about derek, you take it easy. we'll all bring chairs(that have them). And possibly jerry and liz pick up munchies. Or we go with derek's plan for saterday. Quick some one flip a coin to decide. But really sence the convieniance varries for all we'll start rotating the days of practice,yes no, maybe.

19. derekm001

May 18, 2005
    Friday night is fine... lets not make this hard... :) LOL. I get home at 6 pm so you can start arriving then. Bring what you can and I will order some PIZZA when I get home. :)

** CHECK YOUR PM's FOR DIRECTIONS **
    They where sent yesterday.

-Derek

20. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    sounds good,if you say so, you are the host at this one. Gets hard trying to sit a large number of peoples needs, but i thunk that switchinh off fri. sat. will work.

21. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    All right, Friday it is. Switching sounds great. 6PM it is. Derek's.

22. Emperors-hand

Emperors-hand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Just to verify it is definitely 6pm on Friday?

--mara

23. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    If you're gonna get pizza I'd suggest getting Take-&-Bake, we've got a place here that's really good, and also really cheap. If we can all kick in a little cash it'll go a long way, and it's nothing at all to cook 'em.

As for chairs, that won't be a problem, remember the lot we had for the shinding at Barry's? We've got it covered. (Note to self: Remember to bring some chairs).

My only regret is that I'll have to miss the opening day showing of The Dukes of Hazzard [face_liarliar]

The switching days back and forth between Friday and Saturday sounds good to me too, especially when school starts again... no more late nights in the middle of the week for me. I'll need all my mental faculties to cope with all them little people I work with o_O

24. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    "My only regret is that I'll have to miss the opening day showing of The Dukes of Hazzard [face_liarliar] "

oh my gosh, lol. seriously, embarassing lol, where other people around are like, dude, you frikkin nerd, what are you sitting at your computer and laughing so hard about?

but yeah, i'm a strong supporter of the altering between fri and sat scene, though i feel sorry for Barry cuz i know he's always scheduled to work sat morning.

which take 'n bake are you suggesting, Wookiee? it sounds like a favorable course of action.

25. derekm001

May 18, 2005
    I went and got some lawn furnature today. I have been wanting to for some time now. So, I now have 2 tables and 8 chairs. Oh, And it's the cheap stuff. [face_shhh] :) LOL

Take-n-bake sounds good. Who is picking them up and bringing them? I have no idea where a Take-n-bake is? So if someone will post they are bringing them great, otherwise I am ording DOMINOS at 6 pm.

-Derek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.